Windows 10: Windows 10, displaying on an external monitor from laptop

Discus and support Windows 10, displaying on an external monitor from laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a TV connected to my laptop via an HDMI cable, wanting to show a PowerPoint presentation. At one point it was working, but now only the laptop's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David Rogers (editor), Aug 15, 2018.

1. Windows 10, displaying on an external monitor from laptop

I have a TV connected to my laptop via an HDMI cable, wanting to show a PowerPoint presentation. At one point it was working, but now only the laptop's "desktop" shows up on the TV screen, nothing else that I am doing on the computer (PowerPoint or otherwise). Any idea why? what changed?

:)

David Rogers (editor), Aug 15, 2018
  2. delpi767 Win User

No display on laptop's external monitor-Monitor recognized but blank

After the recent Windows 10 update, my wife's laptop no longer displays on the external monitor. All was well before the update.

I am comfortable that Windows sees the monitor because clicking on Display Settings shows two displays. If I unplug the HDMI cable, only one display is shown.

I have confirmed that the monitor works by trying it with another laptop. I have also changed the HDMI cable between the laptop and the external monitor.

Device manager reports that I have the latest display driver installed.

I would appreciate any and all suggestions.

delpi767, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Chrise Win User
    Laptop External Monitor Problem

Thank you once again, I will explain:

• Today 10th November 2016 - After monitor eventually successfully connects to my HP laptop, in my absence when the laptop/monitor powers off, I get NO re-connection problems during the day
    • Tomorrow 11th November 2016 - After laptop and monitor has been restarted following, shut-down, power offs(laptop + monitor) I will be stuck once again with exactly the same problem

In my display settings each morning, my HP laptop shows it is connected to my external monitor, however there is no display on the external monitor for a vast amount of time, just randomly suddenly appears.?

Chrise, Aug 15, 2018
  4. ASams23 Win User

Windows 10, displaying on an external monitor from laptop

Windows 10 and displaying content on two external monitors.

Windows 10 display options is not detecting both my external monitors. It detects the laptop and one of the external monitors. I need to display different screens of information on each external monitor. What do I need to do to get both external monitors
    recognized?

ASams23, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10, displaying on an external monitor from laptop

1. Windows 10, displaying on an external monitor from laptop - Similar Threads - displaying external monitor

2. External Monitor Couldn't Display From My Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Monitor Couldn't Display From My Laptop: Hi, I've a problem.I've connected my displayport from my laptop through thunderbolt adaptor but my external monitor shows that there isn't any signal.My laptop detected the monitor but the monitor doesn'tCan someone help to fix my problem?Thanks...
  3. External Monitor Couldn't Display From My Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Monitor Couldn't Display From My Laptop: Hi, I've a problem.I've connected my displayport from my laptop through thunderbolt adaptor but my external monitor shows that there isn't any signal.My laptop detected the monitor but the monitor doesn'tCan someone help to fix my problem?Thanks...
  4. Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor: HiI have an external monitor I am trying to connect to laptop through HDMI. My laptop detects that there is a second monitor, but the monitor doesn't display anything. I've tried many different solutions: updating, roll backing, and even uninstalling my drivers. Those...
  5. Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor: HiI have an external monitor I am trying to connect to laptop through HDMI. My laptop detects that there is a second monitor, but the monitor doesn't display anything. I've tried many different solutions: updating, roll backing, and even uninstalling my drivers. Those...
  6. Laptop screen not displaying on external monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Laptop stopped displaying to external monitor

Laptop stopped displaying to external monitor: Today I went out after playing some games. When I came back and turned on my laptop that was connected to a monitor, no display came up. I have tried changing out monitors and hdmi cables, reinstalling video drivers, etc. My laptop still detects the monitor and says it is...
  8. Laptop suddenly not displaying to external monitor

Laptop suddenly not displaying to external monitor: I am so besides myself. I used my laptop with my 32inch TV as I usually do sometimes to watch movies and, I set the TV to automatically search for best display after choosing the highest resolution possible. The PC notified me that the resolution was too high or something. I...
  9. Can't display Windows from laptop to external monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't display Windows from laptop to external monitor: I have a laptop connected to an external monitor. When I woke up this morning, the icons at the bottom of the monitor were smaller than normal. When I clicked them to open them up, they would only create a small thumbnail in a small square on the external monitor right...
  10. No display on laptop's external monitor-Monitor recognized but blank

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No display on laptop's external monitor-Monitor recognized but blank: After the recent Windows 10 update, my wife's laptop no longer displays on the external monitor. All was well before the update. I am comfortable that Windows sees the monitor because clicking on Display Settings shows two displays. If I unplug the HDMI cable, only one...