Windows 10: Windows 10 DLNA, Incorrect Track Order

Discus and support Windows 10 DLNA, Incorrect Track Order in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to use Window 10's Media Streaming/DLNA feature for music, and it's sort of working but there's one deal breaking issue: It causes tracks to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sauntache, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Sauntache Win User

Windows 10 DLNA, Incorrect Track Order

I want to use Window 10's Media Streaming/DLNA feature for music, and it's sort of working but there's one deal breaking issue: It causes tracks to be displayed in alphabetical order instead of by track number when accessed via DLNA devices. On the streaming PC, the tracks appear correctly ordered in the media player library, it's just not displaying them that way over DLNA. I've tried multiple devices, and it makes no difference. I've also tried other DLNA server programs, and they display the tracks correctly so it's definitely something to do with Windows' DLNA implementation. There must be a solution to this, does anyone know it?

:)

Sauntache, Nov 7, 2015
  2. SasanSadr Win User

Windows 10 and DLNA Devices

I had the same problem when I installed Win10 last summer. It was so annoying that I rolled back to Win7. Lesson learned: if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I plan to stay on Win7 until I absolutely have to upgrade the OS. If the track ordering problem
    isn't fixed by then, I'll look into 3rd party dlna servers.

Meanwhile, I welcome any other suggestions.

SasanSadr, Nov 7, 2015
  3. Windows 10 and DLNA Devices

Microsoft has become a ripoff, apparently it always has been. The company was just very good at hiding it.

Anyone else get burned on purchasing music tracks that Microsoft over time (years) claimed they couldn't prove they had the music rights and removed tracks without ever refunding you for any of them? Yet claimed the Windows 8 and/or the Windows 10 upgrade would
    show the tracks they couldn't verify and they'd all be returned? Or any other cockamamie stories anyone would like to share why your music tracks were removed from your purchased collection?

JenniferBrown-West, Nov 7, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 DLNA, Incorrect Track Order

1. Windows 10 DLNA, Incorrect Track Order - Similar Threads - DLNA Incorrect Track

2. windows 10 Media Player lists and plays album tracks out of order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 Media Player lists and plays album tracks out of order: I had a problem with one album that has 11 tracks. Originally I had 10 of the tracks ripped, but then I realized the 11th one was missing, so I ripped that one separately, probably using a different app. Then I had all 11 tracks, but despite all their metadata seeming to be...
  3. Inverted order of numbered tracks in Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inverted order of numbered tracks in Windows Media Player: Windows Media Player labels tracks I have ripped from audio CD in reverse order. Why? Can I invert the numbering, or do I have to rip the CD again? * Moved from Community Center...
  4. Inverted order of numbered tracks in Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inverted order of numbered tracks in Windows Media Player: Windows Media Player labels tracks I have ripped from audio CD in reverse order. Why? Can I invert the numbering, or do I have to rip the CD again? * Moved from Community Center...
  5. windows 10 dlna configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 dlna configuration: i configured the windows 10 dlna server but it is showing directoriesor links i don't want. ratings, recorded tv, series, your actors, video playlists and video genreshow do i change what directory dlna is showing?or remove those directories?...
  6. windows 10 dlna configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 dlna configuration: i configured the windows 10 dlna server but it is showing directoriesor links i don't want. ratings, recorded tv, series, your actors, video playlists and video genresalso there is annoying playlists directory all over.how do i remove them from displaying?...
  7. windows 10 dlna configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 dlna configuration: i configured the windows 10 dlna server but it is showing directoriesor links i don't want. ratings, recorded tv, series, your actors, video playlists and video genresalso there is annoying playlists directory all over.how do i remove them from displaying?...
  8. Cast To Device re-orders tracks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cast To Device re-orders tracks: When I select a collection of tracks to cast to a bluetooth speaker instead of playing tracks 1,2,... ,N it plays the last first and then the rest in order i.e. N,1,2...,N-1. Can I stop it doing this?...
  9. The permission for "directory" are incorrectly ordered...

The permission for "directory" are incorrectly ordered...: Good afternoon, Used are Server Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard 6.3.9600 (64bit) / was migrated from Windows Server 2010 Local computer Windows10 ver 10.0.18362.295 (64bit) User have admin rights (on source and destination) Data copied from server to local computer...
  10. Windows 10 DLNA server issue

Windows 10 DLNA server issue: I am backing up my DVD's to a hard drive. I have added that hard drive as a Library location in Windows 10. I have my windows 10 computer set up as a DLNA server. Everything works, I can view my backed up videos from the media play of my Roku or other computers on my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dlna track order

2. dlna server album order

3. windows 10 dlna music track sort order