Windows 10: Windows 10 does away with the reinstallation headaches

Discus and support Windows 10 does away with the reinstallation headaches in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; How many times has this happened to you? You’re forced to “refresh” Windows with a clean install—and then you wait, and wait, and wait while numerous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Borg 386, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Borg 386 Win User

Windows 10 does away with the reinstallation headaches

Windows 10 does away with the reinstallation headaches | PCWorld

Borg 386, Mar 16, 2015

2. Sounds very good to me.

:)

SaggyMaggyPoo, Mar 16, 2015
  3. L_J_J Win User
    Windows 10 Mail App Won't Sync

Seems that I finally had to reinstall Windows 10 as well.

Now it seems to be working, for the moment that is.

What a headache.

L_J_J, Mar 16, 2015
  4. Windows 10 does away with the reinstallation headaches

How do I unblock a publisher in windows 10?

I have the stupid Edge browser. I can't reinstall by Dlink driver and Windows 10 is just a headache.

EdwardSebesta1, Mar 16, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Interesting.. what if you have a hardware failure that makes you re-install the OS.. can you use this restore file?? I know.. no idea yet but just wondering out loud.

BunnyJ, Mar 16, 2015
  6. Winuser Win User
    Sounds like a good idea. Hope it works like MS wants it too.

Winuser, Mar 16, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    I do as well.. could save me and others time.

BunnyJ, Mar 16, 2015
  8. groze Win User

Sounds cloud based, that only way it work and have a clean if you get a virus.

groze, Mar 17, 2015
  9. LEE
    Lee Win User
  10. WHS
    whs Win User
  11. BillyBob Win User
    But with 10 you don't need to create a custom image, it does it internally or externally from the Cloud like Groze said. Naturally you'd need an image if the system wouldn't boot up at all, just like 8.1 or any OS really.

BillyBob, Mar 17, 2015
  12. BillyBob Win User
    Never say never, everyone said Microsoft wouldn't be able to get an OS to run on all the different devices, yet here we are nearly there.

BillyBob, Mar 17, 2015
  13. adamf Win User

That is what SFC and DISM respectively do already. Along with recimg to make your own "recovery image" there doesn't seem to be anything new here.

The compression however is excellent - my windows compression ratio was 85% and my Windows 10 image is under 3 GB excluding page file etc - a saving of 14 GB Microsoft promises less disk space Win10 - Windows 10 Forums

adamf, Mar 17, 2015
  14. WHS
    whs Win User
    What makes you guys think that this is cloud based. What about the guy that installed with a local account.

15. BunnyJ New Member
    Good question.. I would think that MS would have it based on each individuals PC so they can make the recovery image on their PC and not the cloud.

BunnyJ, Mar 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 does away with the reinstallation headaches - Similar Threads - does away reinstallation

2. A colossal headache

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A colossal headache: So I have built my own pc (all the wires are plugged in correctly) and I ran the windows 10 install, there was some kind of electrical disturbance that made my pc turn off. Now the drive is partitioned in a non MBR way, I cant format it through CMD beacuse I get an I/O error,...
  3. Major headaches with Windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Major headaches with Windows 10 1903: I think that MS made major mistakes in Windows 10 1903. My Outlook has twice lost all my emails, requiring an hour or so to rebuild them, and 3 times lost all my formatting in Layout as well as my signature. File Explorer is separating files by today, this week, this month,...
  4. Gremlins caused headache

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Gremlins caused headache: I recently had to change all my emails and phone number due to a deep hacker. I now can't access files and information I need still attached to the files. Anyone to contact to be able to download and send me the files on cloud and such devises. I also am interested in any...
  5. Update Failure Headaches

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Failure Headaches: I have found that when windows fails to update the first thing to do is stop windows update service and bits service wipe out the contents of the SoftwareDistribution folder. restart both services. 99% of the time this fixes the problem. also if you are on versions prior...
  6. Windows repeat headaches

Windows repeat headaches: Years ago i updated from windows 7 to windows 10 Microsoft emailed me my code. I had to put a new hard drive in my system and now i cant find my key code to activate. It keeps trying to get me to buy a new one and I WILL NOT buy a new one. Someone needs to help me with this...
  7. Major HeadAche

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Major HeadAche: So From Last Week I am having a problem. When ever I start pc my win defender shows virus detected I check and find its name Start.R and These are the details CmdLine: \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\cmd.exe "cmd.exe" /c start /min cmd /c "(echo @echo off >...
  8. System Restore headache

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore headache: My situation is this....after loads of searching and trying various things, I can now do manual restore points but don't get automatic restore points nor can I configure ....I always get the "Access denied error 0x80070005". I am the Administrator. Microsoft Software Shadow...
  9. What a headache

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What a headache: "I'll go and make a coffee whilst I wait for the file to open'' It took 2 years before W7 worked satisfactory. How many years till W10 works properly? Do I have to go thru this all over again. Howabout you develop a product that actually works properly before releasing it? Up...
  10. Window 10 Upgrade Headache

Window 10 Upgrade Headache: A few months ago I upgraded my 32 bit win 7 pro to windows 10. The whole thing was fairly quick and worked great. Today I tried to upgrade my Window 7 64 bit desktop (see my system specs) and it turning out to be a real headache. Here’s what I did in prep: · First I made an...