Windows 10: Windows 10 does not permit to use Italian Keyboard

Discus and support Windows 10 does not permit to use Italian Keyboard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a problem with the keyboard layout of Windows 10. It's impossible to select Italian keyboard for writing. In Settings, Italian is present,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shimoda, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Shimoda Win User

Windows 10 does not permit to use Italian Keyboard

I have a problem with the keyboard layout of Windows 10.
    It's impossible to select Italian keyboard for writing.

In Settings, Italian is present, but without Italian (142), the Italian keyboard is not even selectable.
    If I remove Italian (142) leaving Italian, only default US keyboard works.

Thank you for your help.

:)

Shimoda, Sep 11, 2016

2. Italian keyboard 142 keys not working

Hello, I have updated Windows 10 Pro few days ago, Windows language English, input method Italian.

I have tryed 2 solution: English windows language with italian keyboard, and windows language english adding another keyboard (italian 142).

The keys that needs AltGr doesn't work, like @ or #

Thank you in advance,

Nuccio Ruggia, Sep 11, 2016
  3. Language keyboard

I have a new Windows 10 PC.

I mostly write with Word in English, but sometimes I need to write in Italian or French.

I installed the Italian and French language packs.

On my old Windows 10 machine (8 yrs old and dying), there was a little keyboard icon on the right side of the taskbar which I could click to access a small on-screen keyboard in those languages.

Now there is no icon, but the word °ENG° is in that space.

When I click °ENG° I see Italian and French keyboards listed,

but no virtual keyboard appears.

I haven't a clue how to write in these languages with the proper characters and accents.

Help, please?

Auntie Depression, Sep 11, 2016
  4. GAS
    Gas Win User

Did you use a keyboard for another Language when you installed W10?

5. Shimoda Win User
    Unfortunately I can't have this information.
    That's not my laptop and the user is not the admin...

Shimoda, Sep 11, 2016
  6. GAS
    Gas Win User
    It's a laptop???!!!!
    you cannot change the language layout of a laptop keyboard, you can add a language if you want, and you better leave the language of the keyboard as it is.

7. Shimoda Win User
    But the original layout is Italian...

Shimoda, Sep 11, 2016
  8. lx07 Win User

You definitely can. I fact you often have to. I installed US English Windows but my keyboard in UK Apple so I have to change it or all my kays are in the wrong place *Wink.

@OP are you trying to add it here? What do you see when you try? I could also add Italian no problem - no need to download any Italian language packs or anything.

Windows 10 does not permit to use Italian Keyboard [​IMG]

9. GAS
    Gas Win User
    here you can change the imput Language:
    Pannello di controllo\Orologio e opzioni internazionali\Lingua\Opzioni di lingua\metodo di imput\aggiungi un metodo di imput

10. Shimoda Win User
    Thank you,
    I didn't think to try the old control panel.
    Tomorrow I will try, thanks *Smile

Shimoda, Sep 11, 2016
  11. lx07 Win User
    It isn't always clear whether you use old control panel or settings...

I suggest that once you have added Italian you remove the other keyboard (if you don't use it) as if you have 2 keyboards defined there seems to be a bug where it swaps between them at random.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 does not permit to use Italian Keyboard - Similar Threads - does permit Italian

2. Italian and Spanish, not exactly the same

in Windows 10 Customization
    Italian and Spanish, not exactly the same: Does anybody knows why I am Italian, I have my Microsoft Account set to Italian, my Windows copy installed is in Italian, my Office copy installed is in Italian, everything is in Italian and....Microsoft keeps sending me mail and alerts in Spanish???It is so disappointing......
  3. WhatsApp does not appear in the microphone permitted apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WhatsApp does not appear in the microphone permitted apps: HelloRecently, I can not make calls by WhatsApp. It shows a message which says: WhatsApp needs an audio input device for calls. So, I checked my laptops microphone privacy setting. There are some apps which are allowed to use microphone, however I could not find the WhatsApp...
  4. WhatsApp does not appear in the microphone permitted apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WhatsApp does not appear in the microphone permitted apps: HelloRecently, I can not make calls by WhatsApp. It shows a message which says: WhatsApp needs an audio input device for calls. So, I checked my laptops microphone privacy setting. There are some apps which are allowed to use microphone, however I could not find the WhatsApp...
  5. WhatsApp does not appear in the microphone permitted apps

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Microsoft Universal Foldable Keyboard`ITALIAN LAYOUT KEYBOARD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Universal Foldable Keyboard`ITALIAN LAYOUT KEYBOARD: I have Surface Pro 4 with Windows 11 install on it and I have the surface type cover with my surface recent I buy the Microsoft Universal Foldable Keyboard`ITALIAN LAYOUT KEYBOARD and I was wondering if I can set up two keyboards with two different language inputs in order to...
  7. Microsoft Universal Foldable Keyboard`ITALIAN LAYOUT KEYBOARD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Universal Foldable Keyboard`ITALIAN LAYOUT KEYBOARD: I have Surface Pro 4 with Windows 11 install on it and I have the surface type cover with my surface recent I buy the Microsoft Universal Foldable Keyboard`ITALIAN LAYOUT KEYBOARD and I was wondering if I can set up two keyboards with two different language inputs in order to...
  8. POSTE ITALIANE

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    POSTE ITALIANE: When I opened my calendar (the one installed with Windows 10), POSTE ITALIANE was posted on every day of the entire calendar (which goes several years into the future). There was also a time for the event and additional information (all in Italian), but unfortunately I...
  9. Italian Language

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Italian Language: I am getting Windows 10 messages in Italian, such as "configura questo PC". Also, the calculator is in the Italian language (see attached photo). How do I get back to English?[ATTACH]...
  10. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region: I've configured Edge to my correct home page. Because I live in Thailand Edge directs me to the Google Thailand page. I corrected that easily by using www.google.com/ncr as my home page. However, Edge always reverts to the Thai regional search, ignoring my home page...