Windows 10: Windows 10 does not read my graphics card full capacity

Discus and support Windows 10 does not read my graphics card full capacity in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; -Hello, i have been a Windows 10 user since insider builds before they come out, i have been testing and giving feedback for years till last night when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by gasseratef, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Windows 10 does not read my graphics card full capacity

-Hello, i have been a Windows 10 user since insider builds before they come out, i have been testing and giving feedback for years till last night when i decided to go back to Windows 7 to try something which made me realize that i may not ever go back to Windows 10.

-My device is a Dell Inspiron 5537 with Intel core i7 and 8GB of RAM

-Built in Intel Graphics Card 4400 and and AMD Radeon HD 8670M

-Before Windows 10 i had a perfectly good smooth PC specially with gaming since I'm a heavy gamer but ever since i started using Windows 10 I have had problems with my graphics card, both Intel and AMD, some of them were resolved after a while, some were urgently solved but some still remain which is the main reason why i uninstalled Windows 10.

-In Windows 7 this is how my Graphic Cards memory look like and how it should look like

Windows 10 does not read my graphics card full capacity [​IMG]

-And this is how it looked like in Windows 10

Windows 10 does not read my graphics card full capacity [​IMG]

-There is quite a good amount of RAM that Windows 10 is not getting which affects my PC performance greatly, i noticed the huge difference after spending years gaming on Windows 10 and just starting using Windows 7 again

-I have tried so many solutions and so many workarounds but none of them work

-The only solution that got Windows 10 to read my full RAM was installing an old version of my AMD Graphics Card driver but the graphics were not working correctly and it kind of disabled my Intel Graphics Card for some reason i'm not aware of.

-So this is me calling out for help and i would be so very hugely grateful if anyone has a solution or a workaround for this issue because i want to keep using Windows 10 and i want to be an insider again and i have sent over 20 feedbacks about this issue and have been waiting years for this issue to get fixed with every build or every new version of my graphic drivers.

-Thank you in advance.

:)

gasseratef, Sep 22, 2017

2. Can't sync my Windows Phone 8.1 with Windows 8.1 because of SD card

Hi Carlos,

I've seen the link but the phone does work fine with 128GB card. I can read/write to the card to its full capacity without any issues or loss of data.

The only issue is if the card exceeds 64GB in usage then the WP8.1 and W8.1 don't want to sync. To me that sounds like a bug in the driver.

Phone is perfectly happy with the card.

ZeroInfinite, Sep 22, 2017
  3. mac_freak Win User
    N73 not recognising size of memory card

Hello.

Have you checked the memory card capacity using a PC card reader? If it really is a 1GB card, it will show as a 1GB card in your PC. If that is the case, then the current software of your N73 does not support the full use of a larger-capacity card such as this.
    Seek updating your phone software as a suggestion as this may help in using the whole capacity of the said memory card.

Cheers.

mac_freak, Sep 22, 2017
  4. Dude Win User

Windows 10 does not read my graphics card full capacity

Look in the BIOS setting and increase the memory for the iGPU

5. It is already set to the max, if it wasn't then it wouldn't be read on Windows 7

gasseratef, Sep 22, 2017
  6. derek10 Win User
    What is the max value in BIOS

derek10, Sep 22, 2017
  7. this is might not be the one you're asking for but my System Memory is set to 8192 (and i can't change it) which is the RAM not the Graphics Card RAM, i have no options related to the Graphics Card in BIOS

gasseratef, Sep 22, 2017
  8. Windows 10 does not read my graphics card full capacity

What is your purpose to increase video memory for Intel HD?

RoasterMen, Sep 23, 2017
  9. mostly for gaming and i do use my AMD card but doesn't the missing amount affect the gaming performance? because i have tried and compared the same games with the 2 operating systems and they seem to be running a lot more smoother on Windows 7 than Windows 10

gasseratef, Sep 23, 2017
  10. Helmut Win User
    The iGPU can share only a certain amount of your RAM. It looks like Windows 7 has it wrong. Maybe Windows 10 as well.

Intel Core i7-4500U - Graphics Video Max Memory 2 GB

This is mine, i5-4200M iGPU HD 4600 - Graphics Video Max Memory 2 GB, which seems to be indicated correctly in Windows 10.
    I'm on Intel driver 4549 from around Nov 2016, supplied by Windows updates in April 2017 with the 1703 CU update.

Attachment 154854

Helmut, Sep 23, 2017
  11. then how come some games on Windows 10 refuse to even open due to low graphics memory? while on Windows 7 i can run them with no issues

gasseratef, Sep 23, 2017
  12. Helmut Win User
    "then how come some games on Windows 10 refuse to even open due to low graphics memory? while on Windows 7 i can run them with no issues".

If games are not opening due to low graphics memory then you make changes e.g. like reducing the quality of say, textures, which are loaded in to that VRAM.

Various other settings will change the use of VRAM as well.

It's up to you to experiment.

Intel Core i7-4500U
    https://ark.intel.com/products/75460...up-to-3_00-GHz

Helmut, Sep 24, 2017
  13. Windows 10 does not read my graphics card full capacity

yes true but that's not the point, the point is that the same game runs fine on Windows 7 with no Graphical issues or errors

gasseratef, Sep 24, 2017
  14. Hi,
    Can you see what resource monitor shows your memory as
    It might show a "hardware reserved" with the memory difference ?
    Strange for sure though :/

ThrashZone, Sep 24, 2017
  15. well sadly i can't since i'm on Windows 7 right now with a dynamic hard drive so if i want to install Windows 10 i'm going to have to format the Window 7 partition :/

gasseratef, Sep 24, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 does not read my graphics card full capacity

1. Windows 10 does not read my graphics card full capacity - Similar Threads - does read graphics

2. Windows 11 does not detect my Nvidia graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not detect my Nvidia graphics card: Hi,I have been using Windows 11 for quite some time, Suddenly one day I see my secondary Nvidia graphics card is not detected. Its not displayed in Device manager even if I select "show hidden devices". Also, in device manager below System component is showing error code...
  3. Windows 11 does not detect my Nvidia graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 does not detect my Nvidia graphics card: Hi,I have been using Windows 11 for quite some time, Suddenly one day I see my secondary Nvidia graphics card is not detected. Its not displayed in Device manager even if I select "show hidden devices". Also, in device manager below System component is showing error code...
  4. Why does my SD card no longer read

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my SD card no longer read: Tested my Micro SD card from my GoPro to make sure I could transfer images and videos. Put the Micro SD into the adapter, downloaded 1 video, and put card back in my camera. Took a few pictures to mess around about 5 minutes later and tried to transfer those too. This time...
  5. Full Charge Capacity is Greater than Design Capacity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Full Charge Capacity is Greater than Design Capacity: Okay, so I have an Acer E5-475 and I just bought a new battery pack for my computer as the old one died on me. it was okay for the first 3 days then suddenly on day 4 it died on me while I was at around 20 percent. when I recharged it back until it was full I pulled the plug...
  6. WIN 10 NOT READING MY GRAPHICS CARD OR MY MONITOR CORRECTLY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN 10 NOT READING MY GRAPHICS CARD OR MY MONITOR CORRECTLY: I run a PC upgraded from Win 7 ultimate on Win 10 - and after trying anything, I am now convinced I should just call it a day and go back to WIN7. I am a senior citizen and I can't afford to go out and buy stuff I don't really need, and I was assured that my PC could manage...
  7. my Graphic card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my Graphic card: does intel hd 630 is the same as nvidia gtx 1050...because I just bought a laptop Lenovo legion intel i7 7th gen and nvidia GeForce gtx 1050 and I saw my gpu was named intel hd 630...are they same...
  8. My CPU does not work at full capacity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My CPU does not work at full capacity: Hello! I need help. My CPU does not work at full capacity. When running under Linux works perfectly with 4.7 Ghz of core, when running under Windows 10 it has 1.3 GHz of core. What can be the problem and can you help? CPU: AMD FX 9590 Maderboard: Crosshair V Formula - Z -...
  9. Windows 10 graphic card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 graphic card: Hi, This is my first post and although trawling back through other threads I havn`t found a previous answer to my query. I have installed Windows 10 to my Dell desk top PC and all is OK apart from the ATI RV370 video controller which needs upgrading. This I am more than...
  10. Is it my graphics card?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is it my graphics card?: Hey everyone im new to this forum and I need some expertise. I recently built my first pc this summer and ive been having problems for the past 2 months with games crashing. At first they would only crash when a sound or spotify overlay came up. Now im getting graphics...