Windows 10: Windows 10 does not reboot after installed on new Samsung SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 does not reboot after installed on new Samsung SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I've just bought a new SSD (Samsung EVO 850 250GB) for my Dell XPS 15 (L521x). After I inserted it into my laptop i intalled Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by thomas1404, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Windows 10 does not reboot after installed on new Samsung SSD

Hello everyone,

I've just bought a new SSD (Samsung EVO 850 250GB) for my Dell XPS 15 (L521x). After I inserted it into my laptop i intalled Windows 10 Home Pro. The installation process happened without any error, the laptop restarted several times (which is normal during the installation) and then booted to the desktop. again, no error whatsover. now, when i try to turn off or reboot my laptop, it is not able to power off automatically (i've waited for over an hour). so i have to power it off forcefully by pressing the power button for several seconds). if i want to reboot the laptop, it gets stuck at the dell logo, the little circle is spinning but nothing else is happening. i have updated all drivers, tried to boot into safe-mode, nothing worked

The current bios version is up to date (A16), SATA operation mode is AHCI, according to Samsung Magician (which i was able to install) everything is configured correctly.

Has anyone an idea what the error might be?

Best regards,
    Thomas

:)

thomas1404, Oct 16, 2015
  2. Josh_922 Win User

Win10 clean install on Samsung SSD 850 EVO

BLUF: SSD is not listed ubder "Where do you want to install Windows?"

Steps Complete:

1. I've create a Win10 bootable install usb.

2. I connect the new Samsung SSD 850 EVO via SATA.

3. I reboot PC and verify SSD is seen by the motherboard/BIOS

4. Begin Win10 install via usb.

5. Get to "Where do you want to install Windows?" and the SSD is not listed

Problems:

1. Samsung does not offer a driver for the 850 on their website

2. Cannot locate driver elsewhere

Unsuccessful Mitigations Steps Attempt:

A. Format & partition SSD via Windows Disk Management, then retried steps 1-5 above....same result

B. Clone existing HHD onto SSD via "Image for Windows" by TeraByte, then verified SSD contents via Windows Explorer....similar result

Can you please offer some advice on locating a driver for a Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB drive? Or an alternative method?

Thank you

Josh_922, Oct 16, 2015
  3. How to put Windows 10 on pre-installed windows 10 laptop upgraded to SSD?

Hello everyone,

I recently got a new laptop (Dell Inspiron 15) that came with pre-installed Windows 10. I have purchased an SSD (Samsung 250 EVO) to replace the HDD. How would I install/activate Windows 10 after I install the SSD? I don't have a windows 10 CD nor license
    key as the laptop came pre-installed with Windows 10? I want to do a fresh install after I input the SSD.

Thank you.

theponyfactor, Oct 16, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Windows 10 does not reboot after installed on new Samsung SSD

Probably some system device is not installed or configured properly, hence your SSD isn't recognized from Windows. If you can access your computer in Safe Mode, you can try updating the chipset drivers. If you try to boot several times unsuccessfully, you should see the troubleshooting screen. Choose the repair startup and if that doesn't fix the problem, try the System Restore. Hopefully there is at least a working restore point to go back to. Once you are back into Windows, Windows Update may try installing new drivers again and screw things again. So before you restart your computer, go at Intel's site and download latest chipset drivers. When at downloads it is at Software section, chipset software, chipset installation (INF) files. This should fix your problems.

spapakons, Oct 17, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 does not reboot after installed on new Samsung SSD

1. Windows 10 does not reboot after installed on new Samsung SSD - Similar Threads - does reboot installed

2. After installing a new Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB SSD Or SSD in general the laptop fails to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After installing a new Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB SSD Or SSD in general the laptop fails to...: I recently looked into upgrading my Asus Creator Q530VJ Laptops SSD, by making use of the 2nd M.2 PCIe slot that it had. So, I bought a Crucial P3 1TB SSD and plopped it in, device didn't recognize it, nor did it even show up under File Explorer. So I factory reset my laptop,...
  3. After installing a new Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB SSD Or SSD in general the laptop fails to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After installing a new Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB SSD Or SSD in general the laptop fails to...: I recently looked into upgrading my Asus Creator Q530VJ Laptops SSD, by making use of the 2nd M.2 PCIe slot that it had. So, I bought a Crucial P3 1TB SSD and plopped it in, device didn't recognize it, nor did it even show up under File Explorer. So I factory reset my laptop,...
  4. Windows 10 Installation on a Samsung SSD Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation on a Samsung SSD Issue: Hello, I recently bought a 1 TB Samsung SSD, and I have wanted to install Windows on it. However, the problem persists that the installation resets after rebooting the computer. So, the installation never completes fully. I have tried using Rufus and installing the ISO onto...
  5. Installing a New SSD drive ( Samsung 860 evo)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing a New SSD drive ( Samsung 860 evo): Hi there , I am trying to installing a new SSD (2.5 inch , 7mm height) that I brought for my old Laptop . The Laptop has a HDD whose height is 9.5 mm but my SSD is 7mm ….. * My laptop Specs are :: Processor - Intel core i5 2410M 2.30Ghz 2 core 4 thread RAM - 12gb...
  6. Failure to Reboot after installing new SSD

Failure to Reboot after installing new SSD: Hi, I recently bought a Dell XPS 13 laptop with a 128gb internal SSD. When I began running out of space, I bought a 500gb internal SSD to replace it. I cloned my current SSD onto the new SSD, then installed it into my laptop. When it started my laptop again, everything...
  7. BSOD after installing new SSD with Samsung Migration Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after installing new SSD with Samsung Migration Manager: Hey guys, So I recently migrated to a new SSD using the samsung data migration program. Upon doing so I started receiving BSOD error messages really frequently (every 15 minutes). The error messages vary but the most frequent is MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error. The odd thing is...
  8. Questions after new install of full Windows 10 and new SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Questions after new install of full Windows 10 and new SSD: I would appreciate if somebody could explain to me why I have a folder called Windows.old and windows 10upgrade in my C:\ I was having several issues with my Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7, Microsoft remote accessed my computer 4 times before they could fix it. After...
  9. Cant install windows 10 on my new samsung ssd drive.

Cant install windows 10 on my new samsung ssd drive.: hello, for couple of days, breaking my head tring to figure out what im doing wrong, or what else i can do . i used to have as my C:\ drive a kingstone 120gb SSD drive . due to lack of space, i bought 250GB SSD samsung evo-850 drive. i execute fresh new windows 10 pro...
  10. New WIN 10 Install on new SAMSUNG EVO 250GB SSD

New WIN 10 Install on new SAMSUNG EVO 250GB SSD: This is just what is says. A fresh win 10 install on a new SSD. Do not explain to me about cloning. To date I've upgraded the BIOS (UEFI) on a ASUS P67 Performance Gen3 motherboard. I've changed the SATA Mode to AHCI. I can see the drive in the BIOS. The Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after ssd no reboot pc