Windows 10: Windows 10 does not show mobile network type

Discus and support Windows 10 does not show mobile network type in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I upgraded from Windows 8 to 10 recently. I use 3G, 4G, LTE mobile network with my laptop. In Windows 8. I was able to see the mobile network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by name444, Oct 19, 2015.

1. name444 Win User

Windows 10 does not show mobile network type

I upgraded from Windows 8 to 10 recently. I use 3G, 4G, LTE mobile network with my laptop.

In Windows 8. I was able to see the mobile network standard if it is 3G, EDGE, 4G ect.
    But in windows 10 under NETWORK & INTERNET --> Mobile it just shows if it is connected or not, no info about the network.

Any ideas?

:)

name444, Oct 19, 2015

2. Wi-fi not working anymore with Windows Mobile 7.

Wi-fi connection always shows an error that state that couldn't reach Wi-fi network and failed to connect, exact error "Connection unsuccessful. You phone couldn't reach the Wi-fi network {network-name}.

It does not matter if the Wi-fi network is open or secure and the type of security used, after testing we determine that the Mobile does get an IP address from the Wireless router so authentication works fine but after a few seconds it shows the error above
    and disconnects from the network.

I need to know if an update or patch will be deliver soon for Windows Mobile 7 since the Wi-fi capability is no longer working and that sucks, or if there is a workaround that can be implemented.

Thanks

M.

Marloncarpe, Oct 19, 2015
  3. Mobile Broadband Connection Type 4G/3G/2G

Hi All!

In Windows 7 if I hovered over the Mobile Broadband (Cellular) Connection it would show what type of network I am connected to (eg. LTE/HSPA/EDGE), I am unable to figure how to determine in Windows 10 what
    TYPE (LTE/HSPA/EDGE) of network I am connected to.

Could anyone shed some light on how to tell what type of network I am connected to?

Thanks,

Dan

dan14311431, Oct 19, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 does not show mobile network type

1. Windows 10 does not show mobile network type - Similar Threads - does show mobile

2. Type does not show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Type does not show: Just bought new pc with windows 11.On some sites such as LLoyds bank and some surveys when typing in boxes the characters do not show although they must register as the site recognise them. If you get it right no problem but if wrong you are unable to see typo or...
  3. Type does not show

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Type does not show: Just bought new pc with windows 11.On some sites such as LLoyds bank and some surveys when typing in boxes the characters do not show although they must register as the site recognise them. If you get it right no problem but if wrong you are unable to see typo or...
  4. Mobile Hotspot from Smartphone not showing in available networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile Hotspot from Smartphone not showing in available networks: I am broadcasting a mobile data hotspot from my smartphone and it is not showing in my windows 10 PC, available wifi networks. My friend, with his phone, has successfully connected to my mobile hotspot, so I don't think this is an issue with the source, rather, the issue is...
  5. Stumped - Apple Mobile Device Driver does not show up in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stumped - Apple Mobile Device Driver does not show up in Windows 10: All, Been battling a very odd problem in Win 10 today and thought I would lay it out for the crew in here for some ideas. Using Windows 10 1809 and the latest version of iTunes. I usually only use iTunes to perform hardware/iOS upgrade for my iPhone and iPad. With iPadOS13...
  6. Change NAT Type in Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot

Change NAT Type in Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot: I want to connect my Nintendo Switch to the internet using the mobile hotspot on my Windows 10 PC. However, there seems to be a problem with the NAT connection, I don't want to go through the hassle of setting up a VPN. Is there a way to change the hotspot settings? Thanks!...
  7. Why does win 10 shows two networks?

Why does win 10 shows two networks?: When I mouse of over the network icon it shows two networks! How do I remove the bad network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-win-10-shows-two-networks/ee6ab156-5336-4b4c-8642-5a2f2046e4d0
  8. Network Explorer does not show other computing resources on home network (Windows 10,...

Network Explorer does not show other computing resources on home network (Windows 10,...: Some time ago, my network computers and NAS drives disappeared from network explorer on my home network. I can access them by typing \\(device name) in the explorer and it will return the top level folders. However, this does not help me within applications that require use...
  9. clear type not showing in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    clear type not showing in windows 10: Hello, how do I get clear type again? After a windows 10 update, my screen is fuzzy and clear type will not appear in search or on the control panel. Robert...
  10. Windows 10, Version 1809. Network does not show computers

Windows 10, Version 1809. Network does not show computers: In Win10, v 1809 I go to "Network" in file explorer and no computers are showing - neither my computer nor other computers on the network. I was able to find the ip address of the computer I was searching for and successfully ping it via command prompt. Any ideas?...