Windows 10: Windows 10 does recongnize my DVD drive: directory invalid

Discus and support Windows 10 does recongnize my DVD drive: directory invalid in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just upgraded to windows 10 from 7 a couple of weeks ago. Things were great until I tried to install a game. I put the DVD in the drive and got the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kdmart8, Sep 2, 2015.

1. kdmart8 Win User

Windows 10 does recongnize my DVD drive: directory invalid

I just upgraded to windows 10 from 7 a couple of weeks ago. Things were great until I tried to install a game. I put the DVD in the drive and got the following error.
    D:\ The directory name is invalid.

I can see the DVD drive in explorer and it is labeled D:

When I clicked on the DVD drive to see the files all the showed up was "desktop" with a type of configuration setting. I'm not sure the software even recognized the DVD. Usually it show up with the title.

I tried a music CD and got the exact same error message.

:)

kdmart8, Sep 2, 2015
  2. isaacc123 Win User

Error "The directory name is invalid" while trying to access DVD

before I update to window 10 (window 8.1) I can open my DVD normally. After I update to window 10 some DVD can open, some DVD cannot open and show massage "The directory name is invalid"

Original title: Windows 10 Dvd drive

isaacc123, Sep 2, 2015
  3. When i insert a cd or dvd i dvd drive it say directory name is invalid

Directory name is invalid for cd dvd drive

manishrajpandey, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 does recongnize my DVD drive: directory invalid

1. Windows 10 does recongnize my DVD drive: directory invalid - Similar Threads - does recongnize DVD

2. how do fix i the directory name is invalid for dvd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do fix i the directory name is invalid for dvd: how do fix i the directory name is invalid for DVD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-fix-i-the-directory-name-is-invalid-for-dvd/2dfdfbdc-7d24-4602-9547-df570057a853
  3. how do fix i the directory name is invalid for dvd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do fix i the directory name is invalid for dvd: how do fix i the directory name is invalid for DVD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-fix-i-the-directory-name-is-invalid-for-dvd/2dfdfbdc-7d24-4602-9547-df570057a853
  4. how do fix i the directory name is invalid for dvd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. External CD Drive "the directory name is invalid"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External CD Drive "the directory name is invalid": Hi MS communityI've been having a problem with CDs tonight and it has driven up the wall! Every time I insert a CD into any of the 3 computers that run Windows 10 in my house they all come back with the same error that the directory is invalid. These are brand new never...
  6. Directory is INVALID

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Directory is INVALID: I have got excel, access and tableau files on my desktop and whenever I am double-clicking them I am getting message Directory is invalid. When I try opening it using right click it is getting open. Also when I am reaching file through users... same path it is getting...
  7. DVD drive not working after upgrade to Windows 10 The directory file is invalid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drive not working after upgrade to Windows 10 The directory file is invalid: Hello, after an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 the DVD drive is not working. Error message D:\ The directory file is invalid. Drive has been replaced twice since the update to Windows 10 last week, to no avail. All DVDs, CDs are working fine on any other...
  8. The directory name is invalid – CD/DVD drive error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    The directory name is invalid – CD/DVD drive error on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If after a clean install of Windows 10 or even upgrading to a newer version of Windows 10 and you encounter error message The directory […] This article The directory name is invalid – CD/DVD drive error on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Windows 10 and DVD directories

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 and DVD directories: I have an issue I can't seem to find decent info about. My Win 10 laptop won't see files and folders on DVDs I burned on another box unless I make an ISO on the Win 7 machine first, and then copy it over to the Win 10 machine and "mount" the ISO. I even tried creating an...
  10. directory name is invalid

in Windows 10 Support
    directory name is invalid: Hi I have just got this new desktop pc. After an update I am getting this annoying message, E:/ The directory name is invalid. I don't know what I have done. I did anything. I searched Google and found a post on this forum but I can't find the actual answer to the post. Just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 drive is invalid when dvd is inserted

2. dvd drive invalid in windows 10