Windows 10: Windows 10 Doesnt Boot after finished installation from windows 7

Discus and support Windows 10 Doesnt Boot after finished installation from windows 7 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It does not boot at all. I downloaded 2 windows 10 installations. First one got to the New user screen. when i click next, it crashes and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cuttachase, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Doesnt Boot after finished installation from windows 7

It does not boot at all. I downloaded 2 windows 10 installations.

First one got to the New user screen. when i click next, it crashes and restarts and does it all over again.

second one does the infinite boot loop. Does not go anywhere. can't do safemode cuz i cant finish installation in safe mode. and automatic repair doesnt show up at all no matter what I do.

I completely gave up and stayed with windows 7. Windows 10 doesnt work for me.

If you say i have to use a USB/DVD, well i dont have one and not using one. Windows 10 works without it on my other computers but not my new desktop so there should be no excuse.

:NOTE: not using USB/DVD. If you tell me to use USB/DVD, will not reply. this is doing fresh install from windows 7 to windows 10.

I need explanation

:)

cuttachase, Jul 2, 2016

2. No dual-boot at all?!

Hello,

I recently (clean) installed Windows 10 on a new SSD. Windows 7 resides on my first drive.

1) I first set the USB to boot from;

2) Began to install Windows 10;

3) First snare: upon first reboot, after removing the USB, the system just started my old Windows 7 (!). (I expected a dual boot menu there.)

4) Rebooted, set SSD to first disk, and finished installing Windows 10;

5); Tried to add boot menu later (both in Windows 7 and Windows 10), using the Advanced System Settings, to no avail: neither OS sees another boot partition.

Question, how can I dual boot, after all?!

Thanks.

meimeiriver2, Jul 2, 2016
  3. windows 10 update from windows 7 did not Finnish and now will not boot up in 7 or allow the update to run again

While installing windows 10 update from windows 7 the install finished the download, chech of download but did not Finnish the check for updates for windows 10. Now will not boot up only in windows 7 or allow the update to run again.

TerryHoover, Jul 2, 2016
  4. Kyhi Win User

Windows 10 Doesnt Boot after finished installation from windows 7

You are doing an UPGRADE from 7 to 10....

If you where doing a Fresh Install you would be using USB/DVD..

No need to reply...

Kyhi, Jul 2, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Doesnt Boot after finished installation from windows 7

1. Windows 10 Doesnt Boot after finished installation from windows 7 - Similar Threads - Doesnt Boot finished

2. Remove DigitalPersona Pro to finishing installing windows 10 from Windows 7 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove DigitalPersona Pro to finishing installing windows 10 from Windows 7 Pro: Windows 10 will not download and after hours of trying, the download process stops and says that I need to manually remove DigitalPersona Pro from my computer. I can not find this file anywhere to remove it - I even tried to remove the entire HP Protect Security Manager...
  3. Remove DigitalPersona Pro to finishing installing windows 10 from Windows 7 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove DigitalPersona Pro to finishing installing windows 10 from Windows 7 Pro: Windows 10 will not download and after hours of trying, the download process stops and says that I need to manually remove DigitalPersona Pro from my computer. I can not find this file anywhere to remove it - I even tried to remove the entire HP Protect Security Manager...
  4. Remove DigitalPersona Pro to finishing installing windows 10 from Windows 7 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Window 10 doesnt boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 doesnt boot: Hello all. I ran into a problem yesterday. I restarted my pc and upon restart it was not booting up, just hung on the msi screen with the circle of dot spinning. I want to try a fresh install but i cant seem to figure out how. I have a x470 board. I bought it from digital...
  6. Cannot dual boot after installing Windows 10 with Windows 7

Cannot dual boot after installing Windows 10 with Windows 7: The win7 mentioned is latest since it is auto-updated. win10 is version 1903. This is not the first time I am doing this. Months ago I did it on my own PC: old system is win7 with single HDD, I shrink the win7 partition to spare new volume for win10, install win10 with USB...
  7. Windows 10 Installation Media Fail To Finish Booting

Windows 10 Installation Media Fail To Finish Booting: I ran into a problem after the last update to my Windows 10 1903 installation - computer failed to reach the login screen and got stuck with the background wallpaper halfway displayed - very blurred. Anyway, I tried repairing the startup files, but Windows reported that it...
  8. Windows 10 will not boot after Windows 7 Dual-boot Installation.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not boot after Windows 7 Dual-boot Installation.: I recently installed Windows 7 alongside Windows 10 for better support for older games, however Windows 10 will now no longer boot, it simply goes to a black screen with a circle of spinning dots with occasional disk activity. I have left it like this for at least 3 hours...
  9. Windows 10/7 Dualboot doesnt boot / error

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10/7 Dualboot doesnt boot / error: Hello, I wanted to install windows 7 and 10 dualboot. I was running windows 10 on my ssd. I created a new partition on my hdd, removed my ssd (with windows 10 on it) and then i installed windows 7 on the hdd partition. Windows 7 was successfully installed so I reinserted...
  10. Boot windows 7 after Win10 install

Boot windows 7 after Win10 install: So like a dispshit I did not read the dual boot directions because I really did not expect it to be this big of bitch to dual boot.. So how do I boot into windows 7 if I did not do the dual boot instructions? 5479