Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't boot

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm using an HP laptop. When I start the computer, after the hp logo the screen goes black and stops booting. I did a system test and it had a "short... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tyvanausdal, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Windows 10 doesn't boot

I'm using an HP laptop. When I start the computer, after the hp logo the screen goes black and stops booting. I did a system test and it had a "short dst failure." I've tried booting windows from a bootable usb drive as well. After selecting it to boot, it says that it will boot from the USB, the windows icon shows up, it loads for a second, then it goes back to the black screen again. Is there anything other than a hardrive failure that could cause this? The laptop is only about a year old.

:)

tyvanausdal, Dec 23, 2016

2. Windows 10 doesn't boot.

I need W10 badly Windows 10 doesn't boot :(

SlowlyCrafted, Dec 23, 2016
  3. Windows 10 doesn't boot.

Hi, I have a HP p6313w desktop.

(I think I got it from 2009) and I have upgraded it to a 500w PSU, a AMD Radeon 700 series card, and a SSD.

When I installed it, it tried to boot up but failed.

Error code: 0xc0000001

I reinstalled it back to Windows 7 Home trial.

I think it's my hardware but idk?

I highly thing it's my motherboard fault though.

Is the AMD Athlon x2 II 215 compatible with W10?

My motherboard is a Violet6.

Please help me!

My purpose for windows 10?

DirectX12 and lower memory consumption.

SlowlyCrafted, Dec 23, 2016
  4. Windows 10 doesn't boot

tyvanausdal,

Welcome to the Forum!

A short dst failure indicates that the hard disk is failing or has failed. Run the hard disk diagnostic test by tapping the esc key as you start the laptop. When you get to the Startup Menu, select the Diagnostic Menu option ( f2 ) and run the tests on the Hard Drive. You need to obtain the Failure ID 24 alpha-numeric error code, and the Product Id:

Failure Id: XXXXXXX-....
    Product Id : XXXXXXX...
    If you get the above, then, you do need to find out if the laptop is still under warranty, and if it is, contact HP for service.

If not under warranty, then you need to replace the hard disk with one of the same or larger capacity and run a factory restore via the HP recovery disk set or the USB recovery media.

cottonball, Dec 24, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't boot

1. Windows 10 doesn't boot - Similar Threads - doesn't boot

2. My PC doesn't show anything when I boot it up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC doesn't show anything when I boot it up: Before these things happen, I tried to replace the system32 files to install MCPE crack but I failed because I don't have permission to access or replace files there. After I attempted to replace, errors like I describe below started to appearLink to the files I tried to...
  3. My PC doesn't show anything when I boot it up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC doesn't show anything when I boot it up: Before these things happen, I tried to replace the system32 files to install MCPE crack but I failed because I don't have permission to access or replace files there. After I attempted to replace, errors like I describe below started to appearLink to the files I tried to...
  4. My PC doesn't show anything when I boot it up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I messed up while clean booting and now my computer doesn't show the password box and says...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I messed up while clean booting and now my computer doesn't show the password box and says...: After facing this issue I at first pressed set up new pin but it said to look for an app in the windows store which didn't work, then I pressed on restart while holding the shift button and then pressed troubleshooting. No matter which option I choose after that it wants my...
  6. I messed up while clean booting and now my computer doesn't show the password box and says...

I messed up while clean booting and now my computer doesn't show the password box and says...: After facing this issue I at first pressed set up new pin but it said to look for an app in the windows store which didn't work, then I pressed on restart while holding the shift button and then pressed troubleshooting. No matter which option I choose after that it wants my...
  7. I messed up while clean booting and now my computer doesn't show the password box and says...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Blue screen on boot, and safe mode doesn't work!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen on boot, and safe mode doesn't work!: Hey i'm here to describe an issue that has been keeping me from using my computer Around 1 month ago my pc was acting sluggish, I just performed a few tweaks beforehand so I decided to just revert to a recent restore point like I usually do, since it's the only thing that...
  9. Blue screen on boot, and safe mode doesn't work!

Blue screen on boot, and safe mode doesn't work!: Hey i'm here to describe an issue that has been keeping me from using my computer Around 1 month ago my pc was acting sluggish, I just performed a few tweaks beforehand so I decided to just revert to a recent restore point like I usually do, since it's the only thing that...
  10. Blue screen on boot, and safe mode doesn't work!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging