Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't boot

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm using an HP laptop. When I start the computer, after the hp logo the screen goes black and stops booting. I did a system test and it had a "short... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tyvanausdal, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Windows 10 doesn't boot

I'm using an HP laptop. When I start the computer, after the hp logo the screen goes black and stops booting. I did a system test and it had a "short dst failure." I've tried booting windows from a bootable usb drive as well. After selecting it to boot, it says that it will boot from the USB, the windows icon shows up, it loads for a second, then it goes back to the black screen again. Is there anything other than a hardrive failure that could cause this? The laptop is only about a year old.

:)

tyvanausdal, Dec 23, 2016

2. Windows 10 doesn't boot.

I need W10 badly Windows 10 doesn't boot :(

SlowlyCrafted, Dec 23, 2016
  3. Windows 10 doesn't boot.

Hi, I have a HP p6313w desktop.

(I think I got it from 2009) and I have upgraded it to a 500w PSU, a AMD Radeon 700 series card, and a SSD.

When I installed it, it tried to boot up but failed.

Error code: 0xc0000001

I reinstalled it back to Windows 7 Home trial.

I think it's my hardware but idk?

I highly thing it's my motherboard fault though.

Is the AMD Athlon x2 II 215 compatible with W10?

My motherboard is a Violet6.

Please help me!

My purpose for windows 10?

DirectX12 and lower memory consumption.

SlowlyCrafted, Dec 23, 2016
  4. Windows 10 doesn't boot

tyvanausdal,

Welcome to the Forum!

A short dst failure indicates that the hard disk is failing or has failed. Run the hard disk diagnostic test by tapping the esc key as you start the laptop. When you get to the Startup Menu, select the Diagnostic Menu option ( f2 ) and run the tests on the Hard Drive. You need to obtain the Failure ID 24 alpha-numeric error code, and the Product Id:

Failure Id: XXXXXXX-....
    Product Id : XXXXXXX...
    If you get the above, then, you do need to find out if the laptop is still under warranty, and if it is, contact HP for service.

If not under warranty, then you need to replace the hard disk with one of the same or larger capacity and run a factory restore via the HP recovery disk set or the USB recovery media.

cottonball, Dec 24, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't boot

1. Windows 10 doesn't boot - Similar Threads - doesn't boot

2. Disabling CSM doesn't allow boot to Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling CSM doesn't allow boot to Windows: Not sure if this is a BIOS bug or I'm just messing with something I shouldn't. To my understanding, CSM support is for old OS's. I wanted to disable it to enable Secure Boot, but it seems when I disable CSM support in my BIOS it just boots back into the BIOS when I save the...
  3. After Adding 8GB stick unit doesn't boot properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After Adding 8GB stick unit doesn't boot properly: Greetings, Cheese-Louise. I've been wanting to add 8GBs to my 8GB Asus Vivomini for ages. Fearful something (anything) might go wrong. And here we are. The first thing, of course, is making sure I bought the proper memory. I've checked in various sources and believe that's...
  4. Booted my windows 10 laptop in safe mode & password doesn't work in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Booted my windows 10 laptop in safe mode & password doesn't work in safe mode: Hi set my laptop to safe mode with msconfig & restarted now it wont accept.my password in safe.mode is there a way to reset my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booted-my-windows-10-laptop-in-safe-mode-password/c8fe588b-31ac-4a38-b0c6-d632c2fc2591
  5. Pc doesn't boot properly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc doesn't boot properly.: Hello, sometimes when i boot my pc it doesn't show any signs of life except the fans and i have to press the reset button 2 times for it to give me an error saying "The system has failed to boot several times. Press F2 or Del to enter SETUP to reconfigure your system." after...
  6. "The boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "The boot configuration data file doesn't contain valid information for an operating system...: Turned my laptop on and was greeted with this message on a blue screen Your PC/Device need to be repaired File \BCD Error Code 0xc0000098 I do not have a CD or anything with windows 10 as i bought the laptop with it installed already. I have followed a few steps on...
  7. New install of win10 doesn't recognise older win7 drive for dual boot?

New install of win10 doesn't recognise older win7 drive for dual boot?: Hi Everyone. The time is closing in where Developers/programs like Adobe PS are phasing out older O/S for new versions. I have a great Win7 machine Asus p9x79pro with 32gb ram and 6 hard-drives. In the above event, I thought it would be a good idea to have both Win7 on one...
  8. After unmarking partition my computer doesn't boot.

After unmarking partition my computer doesn't boot.: The partition containing windows 10 was made "active" which was later unmark as guided by Sayan_Ghosh in his reply to BobBerndt dated February 6, 2016. After unmarking partition my computer doesn't boot, kindly guide what to do now...
  9. laptop doesn't boot or display anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop doesn't boot or display anything: I got blue screen, when i plucked out usb connecting my raspberry pi. the laptop didnt restarted after getting to 100%. so i pressed the power button and when I switched it again, the screen is blank, the keyboard isn't working cant access the bios but the fan's working.. Im...
  10. Windows Doesn't Alway Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Doesn't Alway Boot: When I start my computer, Win 10 Pro, the ASUS splash screen comes up, but then Windows won't boot. All I get is a rotating circle. This does not happen every time. I can turn off the machine with the power button and Windows will boot, although it sometimes takes more than a...