Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't open the volume controller, action center or home.

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't open the volume controller, action center or home. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I recently upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1, and I noticed that when I clicked the volume button on the lower right hand corner to change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by harut2K, Aug 30, 2015.

1. harut2K Win User

Windows 10 doesn't open the volume controller, action center or home.

Hi, I recently upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1, and I noticed that when I clicked the volume button on the lower right hand corner to change the volume, it would take 2-5 clicks and about 5 seconds for it to open. Then to day for some reason it decided it was not going to open, so I tried changing the volume manually with keyboard shortcuts (Fn + volume +) and it worked. A bit later it muted itself, for no reason! I was in the middle of my game so I couldn't do squat, then I tried decreasing the screen brightness and it didn't work! The little image at the top left where you see it move up and down shows but it doesn't move, the volume rocker one moves but the sound is still muted! I thought it might be because I've been putting off the update for 2 days so I clicked on the action center to update, but it didn't open! (isn't opening actually,) so I wanted to open the settings menu from the start screen, but that isn't opening either!! This is VERY frustrating and it makes me want to b**** slap Microsoft for including such animations that DON'T LOAD PROPERLY!

Even when I wake my laptop it takes like 10 seconds for it to load the new freaking wallpaper, how do I remove that by the way? The old one was fine, why did you change it??

Is there any way to fix this from happening again? I'm sure a restart of my laptop will fix the issue and I will be able to work, but the thing is, restarting every day after a few hours of use will be quite annoying.

:)

harut2K, Aug 30, 2015

2. After KB3106932 Windows Update, display flickers, some programs won't open

Hi, i also have an issue with this update (KB3106932). After instalation: start menu, Action Center, volume control, network settings and battery icon doesn't open. Can you help me?

EricPennachini, Aug 30, 2015
  3. Unable to launch open Settings and Action Center in Windows 10

I also am having the same problem. I have done all that you have said and still I cannot open the Action Center, or click on the Windows icon, or click on my volume control.

DALLASHERBERT, Aug 30, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't open the volume controller, action center or home.

1. Windows 10 doesn't open the volume controller, action center or home. - Similar Threads - doesn't open volume

2. my action center in taskbar doesn't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    my action center in taskbar doesn't open: My action center in the taskbar doesn't work, dunno why, I searched in YouTube, and I tried every method but none of them worked, I found out about this problem a few months ago :'/ Can anyone tell me what the actual problem could be ;-;...
  3. my action center in taskbar doesn't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my action center in taskbar doesn't open: My action center in the taskbar doesn't work, dunno why, I searched in YouTube, and I tried every method but none of them worked, I found out about this problem a few months ago :'/ Can anyone tell me what the actual problem could be ;-;...
  4. my action center in taskbar doesn't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable To Control Google Home Mine Volume With Windows Volume Control Center

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable To Control Google Home Mine Volume With Windows Volume Control Center: [ATTACH] Hello, I have a google home mini device, and I use it as a Bluetooth speaker on my windows 10 PC. It is working just fine, except I can't control the volume with my windows10 sound panel. I can't be able to increase or decrease the mini volume with it. I set it...
  6. Action Center not opening in Windows 10

Action Center not opening in Windows 10: I am using Windows 10 V20H2. I can't open Action center when I click on it but I do still receive notifications and Number of notifications unseen. I tried almost every solution from the web. Action center opens in a new user Account but not in my current Account. As a...
  7. Is it possible to add Volume Control to Windows Action Center?

Is it possible to add Volume Control to Windows Action Center?: I have a Lenovo Flex 5 2-in-1 and its a pain to adjust volume without dedicated buttons when in tablet mode. Is there a workaround? submitted by /u/NotWorthMyTimeLoL [link] [comments]...
  8. Action center doesn't open

Action center doesn't open: My PC works fine except for my action center, which has refused to open for 2 months now. This means I don't get notifications of any kind. Everything else works, but the action center, once clicked, opens briefly, stays grey and empty for two seconds (without showing icons...
  9. Open Action Center in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Action Center in Windows 10: How to: Open Action Center in Windows 10 How to Open and Use Action Center in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, action center is where to find your quick actions, which give you quick access to commonly used settings and apps. The action center will show...
  10. Action Center will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center will not open: I have the icon for new notifications but when I choose to ''Open Action Center'' nothing happens, also the WIN+A keys do not open it either. Can someone tell me what the matter is? I daily see the icon while hovering over with the mouse indicate that there are 'New...