Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't recognise USB drives or Disks

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't recognise USB drives or Disks in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Okay, so I input my USB drive; it doesn't detect any data and wants to reformat it, I decide to go ahead with it, but it simply says "windows can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by OfficialFaite, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Windows 10 doesn't recognise USB drives or Disks

Okay, so I input my USB drive; it doesn't detect any data and wants to reformat it, I decide to go ahead with it, but it simply says "windows can't format device E:". It does the same thing with my MSI drivers disk... Please help *Sad

:)

OfficialFaite, Jan 1, 2016

2. Floppy Drive support in Windows 10?

It is possible to use a USB floppy disk drive in Windows 10. One "problem" is that Drive A: isn't displayed in File Explorer (see: Floppy-disk
    reader not recognised
    ). There is a workaround - a real kludge! - to this (see the reply from

prestonpdx in: Support for non-USB Floppy Drives in Windows 10). The floppy will also perform
    correctly in a command prompt window or under DOSbox.

CentaurusAmagmaca, Jan 1, 2016
  3. Cannot play DVD on Windows 10

I recently bought a new laptop. It doesn't have a disk drive so I have to use a portable disk drive and plug it into a USB connection. When I want to play DVDs through the disk drive the computer will recognise the drive but I cannot actually play the DVD.
    Do I have to download an app from the windows app store? If so which one is best?

RubyHarr1996, Jan 1, 2016
  4. XweAponX Win User

Windows 10 doesn't recognise USB drives or Disks

Sometimes my USB drives won't detect. Make sure they are showing in Device Manager and Disk Manager. It should be just a generic USB driver and it should be included in Windows 10.

Plug in your Drive and reboot the system, then check for a device wizard as it starts up. If the drive uses proprietary drivers make sure you have then downloaded. I have one WD MyBook/2TB and one WD 1TB Drive attached via USB, plus a DVD Burner in an external case. They all detect, but sometimes they take a while. Also sometimes USB Printers can stall you on Boot, I keep them unplugged until booted and all other devices are found. My main Printer is on an LPT Port, so I don't have that problem with that printer. But other printers stall me on Bootup. And your USB ports might be bad, check all of them. I have 8 USB ports plus a powered USB Hub, you will probably need a powered Hub to run those drives.

XweAponX, Jan 1, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't recognise USB drives or Disks

1. Windows 10 doesn't recognise USB drives or Disks - Similar Threads - doesn't recognise USB

2. Computer doesn't recognise a usb microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer doesn't recognise a usb microphone: Hello, I've bought my cousin a new headset with an inbuilt microphone Lenovo G20. This headset has 2 wire's. A usb one, which is for the microphone, and the second one is a 3.5mm jack for the headphones themselves. When I plug the 3.5mm wire into the pc, it recognises it as a...
  3. URGENT! Laptop doesn't recognise any disk drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    URGENT! Laptop doesn't recognise any disk drive: So basically it happened to delete by mistake 2 registry files and now the windows doesn't boot up. The only things that I can use are the Bios and windows boot manager which has the cmd that recognises only important files as X:\, windows backup or restore doesn't work,...
  4. URGENT! Laptop doesn't recognise any disk drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URGENT! Laptop doesn't recognise any disk drive: So basically it happened to delete by mistake 2 registry files and now the windows doesn't boot up. The only things that I can use are the Bios and windows boot manager which has the cmd that recognises only important files as X:\, windows backup or restore doesn't work,...
  5. URGENT! Laptop doesn't recognise any disk drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. USB Disk Drive not recognised - RESOLVED! Thank you

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Disk Drive not recognised - RESOLVED! Thank you: Hi I have two 1TB Toshiba USB Hard Drives. Both work on my old Dell laptop but only one works on my relatively new HP machine. Both are running Windows 10 It shows in Device Manager but not in Disk Management or System. Clicking the USB eject icon on the taskbar displays...
  7. USB Disk Drive not recognised

USB Disk Drive not recognised: Hi I have two 1TB Toshiba USB Hard Drives. Both work on my old Dell laptop but only one works on my relatively new HP machine. Both are running Windows 10 It shows in Device Manager but not in Disk Management or System. Clicking the USB eject icon on the taskbar displays...
  8. Windows 10 update works but doesn't recognise disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update works but doesn't recognise disk: I updated at the weekend with the latest Windows10 update and the restart was OK. But then I shut down and rebooted and I just got a blank screen (with the pointer working), so I fired up task manager and it seemed that the system only saw the boot partition (disk usage was...
  9. Usb flash disk not recognised

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Usb flash disk not recognised: I have a usb flash disk Corsair Voyager, but, when I plug it in, it is not recognised by my windows 10 notebook. How do I repair it??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-flash-disk-not-recognised/3ea117ce-d1cd-4edf-987e-b28da2b5506e"
  10. USB Drives not recognised in Windows 10

USB Drives not recognised in Windows 10: I have just updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and when I plug in a any USB drives are not recognised. I have tried a USB stick which worked but not drives do not. Any suggestions as all worked in Windows 7. Thank you. 11589