Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't shutdown

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't shutdown in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Since Windows 10 my laptop (i5 2410, HD3000+7400M) doesn't shutdown: it goes blank and in the best case it restarts (sometimes 1 in 10, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by amimandami, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown

Hello,

Since Windows 10 my laptop (i5 2410, HD3000+7400M) doesn't shutdown: it goes blank and in the best case it restarts (sometimes 1 in 10, it stops correctly).
    It does this with a NEW Windows without any drivers from Internet or installed by myself.
    It is fine when starting in safe mode (even with network).

What I tried:
    - changing the Intel driver (tested version 7, 9, 10)
    - disabling fast boot
    - turning off hibernate
    - disabling devices in "device manager"
    - uninstalling drivers of those devices
    - changing the registry value of PowerDownAfterShutdown
    - disabling in BIOS all the devices, less the CDdrive which has the SSD, from which I boot
    - disabling in BIOS wakeup on lan
    - disabling in BIOS some other power parameters
    - disabling in BIOS second videocard.

The drivers and the BIOS were updated to the last version.
    No "question marks" in Device Manager
    In Ubuntu it stops properly.

:)

amimandami, Feb 20, 2017

2. Windows 10 doesn't completly shutdown

When I select shutdown windows 10 doesn't completely shutdown, the shutdown process starts and the screen goes blank but the he power button doesn't turn off.

CarlosVizcaino, Feb 20, 2017
  3. Why my Laptop doesn't shutdown properly and not goes to sleep properly after installing windows 10?

I am using windows 10 since a long time. It is so good. But few days ago I have reinstalled my windows 10 and from then my computer doesn't go to sleep mode properly and not shutdown properly. It produces heat after shutdown or sleep and drains battery.
    Then my computer doesn't open until I do long press to the power button and shutdown properly. What should I do?? All the drivers and updates are up to date.

Tonmoy Ghosh, Feb 20, 2017
  4. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown

The drivers and the BIOS were updated to the last version.
    "it supports Windows 10" ? I guess an i5,8GB of RAM and 750 SSD should be fine, no ?

I run Windows 10 on a single core, 2GB of RAM mini notebook and it is enough for Internet Radio.

How to find which among the embedded Windows drivers do not work properly ? (an easy way)

amimandami, Feb 20, 2017
  5. Dear Steve,
    what kind of question is this ? "Does the support site say the BIOS supports Windows 10"
    There is always a solution, if you know where to search, and/or how the things work.

The laptop with this problem is a HP 4530, i5, 600GB HDD+750GB SSD and 16GB of RAM. The latest BIOS is from 2016.

amimandami, Mar 11, 2017
  6. How much space is left on your OS drive? I know that sometimes having limited space left can cause issues with shutting down and restarting.

ArazelEternal, Mar 11, 2017
  7. I have 45 GB free now + 16GB for hibernation.
    When the fast startup is disabled, the system doesn't shutdown.

amimandami, Mar 11, 2017
  8. Woznet Win User

Windows 10 doesn't shutdown

I realize this is an older post but I came across the answer else where and wanted to share it here for those who might need it.
    In my case when I went to shutdown the computer, it didn't seem to want to say turned off at times, everything would shutdown as expected, fans and other such things would power off however a second or two later everything would turn back on and start booting up like it would normally.

I found a registry setting that resolved the issued, I enabled PowerdownAfterShutdown by changing the value from 0 (default setting) to 1.

Registry Key Location: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
    String Value (REG_SZ): PowerdownAfterShutdown 0 = Disabled / 1 = Enabled.

For those who prefer I created .reg files to enable or disable the PowerdownAfterShutdown registry setting.
    PowerdownAfterShutdown - Disabled.reg
    PowerdownAfterShutdown - Enabled.reg

Woznet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 doesn't shutdown

1. Windows 10 doesn't shutdown - Similar Threads - doesn't shutdown

2. Meccer CA1401-LTE shutdown and won't switch on. It charges up properly but doesn't switch...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Meccer CA1401-LTE shutdown and won't switch on. It charges up properly but doesn't switch...: The laptop shut down due to flat battery. When fully charged it would no longer switch on. It shows to charge pretty well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/meccer-ca1401-lte-shutdown-and-wont-switch-on-it/e1165830-676e-4311-92a2-702591bb7ff2
  3. Meccer CA1401-LTE shutdown and won't switch on. It charges up properly but doesn't switch...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Meccer CA1401-LTE shutdown and won't switch on. It charges up properly but doesn't switch...: The laptop shut down due to flat battery. When fully charged it would no longer switch on. It shows to charge pretty well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/meccer-ca1401-lte-shutdown-and-wont-switch-on-it/e1165830-676e-4311-92a2-702591bb7ff2
  4. Meccer CA1401-LTE shutdown and won't switch on. It charges up properly but doesn't switch...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop doesn't charge in shutdown mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop doesn't charge in shutdown mode.: My laptop doesn't charge in the shutdown mode or when the lid is closed. What is the proper way to fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-doesnt-charge-in-shutdown-mode/c7148f7b-b1fb-443c-bc40-224d7f7371ab
  6. Laptop doesn't charge in shutdown mode.

Laptop doesn't charge in shutdown mode.: My laptop doesn't charge in the shutdown mode or when the lid is closed. What is the proper way to fix this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-doesnt-charge-in-shutdown-mode/c7148f7b-b1fb-443c-bc40-224d7f7371ab
  7. win 10 can't edit shutdown settings and power button doesn't shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    win 10 can't edit shutdown settings and power button doesn't shutdown: can't edit shut down settings and power button doesn't shut down the laptop There's no hardware fault. The button turns the laptop on just fine, but when I press it when the computer is running it just does nothing no matter what I set it to do in the power settings...
  8. win 10 can't edit shutdown settings and power button doesn't shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 can't edit shutdown settings and power button doesn't shutdown: can't edit shut down settings and power button doesn't shut down the laptop There's no hardware fault. The button turns the laptop on just fine, but when I press it when the computer is running it just does nothing no matter what I set it to do in the power settings...
  9. win 10 can't edit shutdown settings and power button doesn't shutdown

10. Windows 11 doesn't showing the Shutdown screen or the Restart screen!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 doesn't showing the Shutdown screen or the Restart screen!: Hi!As the title states, my Windows 11 doesn't showing the Shutdown screen or the Restart screen when I am pressing Start -> Power -> Shut down or Restart!I made a fresh & clean installation of Windows 11 Pro 22H2, 22621.2134, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22659.1000.0...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer didnt shutdown after shutdown process windows 10