Windows 10: Windows 10 Doesn't update to 1511

Discus and support Windows 10 Doesn't update to 1511 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm having trouble with my Windows 10 recently. After noticing i can't download the new Forza 6 Apex, i found out that my Windows 10 is some old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by phelipehulk, May 5, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Doesn't update to 1511

I'm having trouble with my Windows 10 recently. After noticing i can't download the new Forza 6 Apex, i found out that my Windows 10 is some old version. (Compliation 10240)

Until there was ok, "oh i just need to update it". But here comes the problem : My Windows 10 DOES NOT UPDATE FOR HELL.

I've tried everything, using the Windows Update app, downloading from Media Creation Tool, downloading the ISO to a USB stick from Media Creation Tool (Says "Not possible to install correctly, please reboot and try again" or whatever). Nothing works.

I dont know what the hell i need to do, and yes, i do have 100GB of free space.

Right now my Windows Update downloads this file : > windows10.0-kb3147461-x64-express < And i have tried to use CDM to install it, as i saw this forum, but didn't worked as well. It failed around 70% or something.

I can't really make a clean instal (format) on my HDD, so i don't know what else to do.

Anyone that could help, i would be glad.

:)

phelipehulk, May 5, 2016
  2. GarethJ81 Win User

Windows 10 white screen or reboot loop

The problem doesn't occur if you download the new Windows 10 1511 ISO from the VLSC.

It appeared to be one of the "mandatory" updates that Windows downloaded at setup was faulty, but 1511 doesn't have an issue.

GarethJ81, May 5, 2016
  3. mark_889 Win User
    Windows 10 update problem

1.Windows 10 1607 problem / maybe this problem happen many times is when I update Windows 10 1607 and my computer always BUG and just mouse can move I cant doing any thing I just can
    Forced shutdown and it happen again and again and I recovery my computer back to windows 10 1511.

2. Windows 10 1703 problem / after a few days I update Windows 10 1703 and it doesn't Bug but one time I open my Computer and my screen is black no mouse (after I sign password ) I can's do any thing even doesn't show any software and I
    recovery back to Windows 10 1511 again and why Windows 1511 doesn't happen those problem.( I am now use Windows 10 1511 I think 1511 is really good without windows ink)

mark_889, May 5, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Windows 10 Doesn't update to 1511

Have you tried the following?

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

In your case you need to make sure you download the exact same edition and build as your current installation. Once you have repaired your current installation it should automatically update.

philc43, May 5, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Click the Upgrade Now button here:
    Windows 10

NavyLCDR, May 5, 2016
  6. As seen on the "repair install windows 10" post, i have tried everything it says there, only thing i havent tried was doing it with the same build as i have installed, which is 10240. I don't see how could i download this build, since the official microsoft build it's a updated one, if i'm not mistaken. I will try to download by third parties or something.

When i set to reset PC, it fails around 10% after be stuck there for some minutes. Clicking on the USB .exe file also does not work, it says to reboot and try again. Again, haven't tried with the same build 10240.

Edit.: I downloaded a 10240 ISO build, and it also doesnt work. It fails to start and asks to reboot and try again.

phelipehulk, May 6, 2016
  7. philc43 Win User
    Did the update now approach work as suggested by navyLCDR? If not, I think it is worth troubleshooting what may be wrong with your PC. Can you run Memtest86 diagnostic check for your memory just in case it shows up a problem. Also have you run the system file checker "SFC /scannow" command?

philc43, May 6, 2016
  8. Windows 10 Doesn't update to 1511

The "update here" will just download 3gb of a file that i already have, and fail like it is failing already. I have not checked my disk but i know it have problems. I dont believe that's why the windows is refusing to update though.

phelipehulk, May 8, 2016
  9. FierCe Win User
    I'm having the same problem not only that, but windows updates are deciding to update on their own every night @ 10pm and it wont even let me turn them off

FierCe, May 9, 2016
  10. Berton Win User
    If the HDD is having issues it's very possible updates will notice and fail. Same for having viruses and/or malware on the computer, always best to do ones housekeeping and clean it up.

Berton, May 9, 2016
  11. I did the SFC /Scannow, it found some errors and it said it couldn't repair. Honestly i just dont know what to do, nor think that i care. My HDD have bad sectors but even like so, i dont think that would make it IMPOSSIBLE, to update.

Sorry for the late answer.

phelipehulk, May 11, 2016
  12. dalchina New Member
    Hi, just considering your Windows Update problem, try downloading Tweaking.com's repair tool (free).
    Work thru the cautious stages appropriately, select ONLY the Windows Updates repair, run it and see whether you can do any updates.

Turning to your SFC /SCANNOW failure, if the only things listed as unrepairable are sound files or opencl.dll (for Nvidia - don't know if you have that as your system specs aren't complete) you can ignore these.

Otherwise, a repair is indicated.

dalchina, May 13, 2016
  13. FierCe Win User

After everything that i tried the past 3 weeks, that program actually fixed it and my pc updated ty!!!

FierCe, May 16, 2016
  14. dalchina New Member
    Yippee! Sometimes that tool makes life easy. *Smile

dalchina, May 16, 2016
  15. davidhk Win User
    I would suggest that you fix the inherent problems first before you worry about updating.
    It is very likely that after you have the following 2 problems resolved, updates will show up for install.

RE : SFC /Scannow, it found some errors and it said it couldn't repair

Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

Note : if you ended up doing dism command and the result was " Source files could not be found", please post back. There is a fix for that.

RE : My HDD have bad sectors

You need to do a disk check.
    Right click at Start button > select Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy & paste this..................
    chkdsk /f/r

> Enter.

The black and white screen will come back and tell you that it cannot be done now, but do you want to do that on restart.
    Type Y as in "yes" > enter.
    Exit command prompt.
    Restart computer.
    Disk check will commence at restart.
    When finishes, it will give you a report and then it will take you back to your desktop.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Doesn't update to 1511 - Similar Threads - Doesn't update 1511

2. Windows 10 1511

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1511: Hello: I have downloaded Windows 10 1511. I have the intel Atom clovertrail issue with newer versions of Windows 10. I think MS is actually blocking new upgrades to windows10 for this processor. Now, I think if I disable the internet I can install windows 10 without updates....
  3. Windows 10 will not update from 1511 to 1809

Windows 10 will not update from 1511 to 1809: I have tried various methods to update this laptop, but nothing works. Although it has always been switched on from new (Nov 2015) it has never updated the OS. Any ideas why, please, and why it will not update now? Is it time for a fresh install?...
  4. No more Windows 10 version 1511 updates!

No more Windows 10 version 1511 updates!: I purchased my HP Compaq all-in-one with win10 installed from Conn's. Win10 is horrible. MS...too big to fail? I have tried everything...restore, recovery, uninstall, reset....nothing helps with Win update. No choices. I need help that does not FAIL like all suggestions...
  5. windows 10 1511 update need help!!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 1511 update need help!!: trying to upgrade my windows 10 via windows update,it has failed many times now iam thinking of using the other ways to upgrade soIf I was to use media creation tool or iso clean install method would I need my activation key? This is because my computer came with windows 8.1...
  6. Windows 10 update to 1511, 10586 freezes

Windows 10 update to 1511, 10586 freezes: Windows 10 update to 1511, 10586 freezes at "Preparing to install updates 32%". When this happened I did a search and followed the following: ran net stop wuauserv net stop bits Restarted and tried deleting all in c:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution but some wouldn't, so.....
  7. Problem regarding Windows 10 "1511" update

Problem regarding Windows 10 "1511" update: Hello everyone!! I'm facing a problem after updating my laptop to 1511 or November update. After updating my windows 10, it shows an error message that your Windows is "inactive". But before updating it was activated. I need to know if there's any solution for this problem....
  8. Windows 10 Nov update to 1511

Windows 10 Nov update to 1511: How can I stop windows update to version 1511 installing in Windows 10 Home? *Redface 33231
  9. Windows 10 Pro and 1511 update

Windows 10 Pro and 1511 update: All the articles on this update fail to specify Home or Pro! I have Pro, and have not received the update. It would stand to reason that the number 1511 would be reserved for one or the other version...but I note that some of the functionality that is supposed to be in this...
  10. Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 KB3140741

in Windows 10 News
    Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 KB3140741: [img] http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3140741 44920