Windows 10: Windows 10 doesn't want to run

Discus and support Windows 10 doesn't want to run in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I just finished building a PC. And I went to go install Windows 10, and it does the download and it resets. But once it resets it goes straight back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BoltZPan, Aug 1, 2016.

1. BoltZPan Win User

Windows 10 doesn't want to run

So I just finished building a PC. And I went to go install Windows 10, and it does the download and it resets. But once it resets it goes straight back to the "install now" screen. So not running Windows 10 at all. And I'm not quite sure what's wrong. But this is my first time building a PC so that might have something to do with it. Please help!

:)

BoltZPan, Aug 1, 2016

2. How do I get Windows 10 to stop nagging me about a program not working when it actually does?

As I stated before, the game runs in Windows 10 and doesn't need to run in compatibility mode. All I want to do is disable the popups.

Wayne Wastier, Aug 1, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Aug 1, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

What are you trying to install Windows 10 from? A USB flash drive or DVD? If so, pull out the USB flash drive or eject and remove the DVD and restart the computer.

NavyLCDR, Aug 1, 2016
  5. BoltZPan Win User
    I am using usb. Should I remove the usb once it's down installing and resets. Or should I remove it straight off the bat.

BoltZPan, Aug 1, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    If you have already got to the point where the computer restarts and it goes right back to the first install screen, just pull out the USB and restart the computer. There are two stages to the Windows 10 setup. The first stage is copying files from the USB flash drive to the hard drive/SSD. Then the computer restarts and it needs to boot from the files that were just copied to the HDD/SSD to continue the installation. Instead your computer is just rebooting back into the USB flash drive.

NavyLCDR, Aug 1, 2016
  7. BoltZPan Win User
    Okay thank you! I'll make sure to do that as soon as possible. I'll see if it works as fast as I can!

BoltZPan, Aug 1, 2016
  8. BoltZPan Win User

I ended up getting the error code 0xc000021a. Any idea on how to over pass this?

BoltZPan, Aug 1, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Where did you get or how did you make the USB flash drive you are installing from?

NavyLCDR, Aug 1, 2016
  10. BoltZPan Win User
    If you're asking where I got the windows 10 usb. I got it from a local Best Buy

BoltZPan, Aug 1, 2016
  11. NavyLCDR New Member
    Is it a full Retail Microsoft Windows 10 USB then? Or did you copy Windows 10 to a blank drive you bought at Best Buy? If you copied the Windows 10 to it, where did you download it from?

NavyLCDR, Aug 1, 2016
  12. BoltZPan Win User
    It's a full retail, I did not download anything. Can it be something with my PC?

BoltZPan, Aug 1, 2016
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

Probably not. I would try again. Boot from the USB. When you get to the screen for upgrade or custom install, select custom install. Then you will get a list of drives and partitions. On the hard drive or SSD that you are going to install to, highlight each partition and delete it. Then highlight the unallocated space and click next.

Don't forget to remove the USB flash drive when/after the computer restarts the first time during the install. Also if there is a check box to check for updates on one of the install choice screens, make sure that is NOT checked.

NavyLCDR, Aug 1, 2016
  14. BoltZPan Win User
    Hi again. Sorry for a late response I haven't been home. But it got as far as finishing up and then I got blue screened. Any ideas?

BoltZPan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 doesn't want to run - Similar Threads - doesn't run

2. Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements: I have Nvidia GeForce 920m that shows in directx system, that it can operate directx 12, but at the same time max operational is 11, witch makes no sense. It's like saying ,, I can bench press 120kg, but I will never actually use my max strength, even I can,, . I'm asking why...
  3. Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements: I have Nvidia GeForce 920m that shows in directx system, that it can operate directx 12, but at the same time max operational is 11, witch makes no sense. It's like saying ,, I can bench press 120kg, but I will never actually use my max strength, even I can,, . I'm asking why...
  4. Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My microsoft store doesn't open, and when i run the Wsreset command it says "error...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My microsoft store doesn't open, and when i run the Wsreset command it says "error...: This problem only started recently as this computer previously was able to execute store apps and i still have multiple downloaded but none of them work...
  6. My microsoft store doesn't open, and when i run the Wsreset command it says "error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft store doesn't open, and when i run the Wsreset command it says "error...: This problem only started recently as this computer previously was able to execute store apps and i still have multiple downloaded but none of them work...
  7. My microsoft store doesn't open, and when i run the Wsreset command it says "error...

8. I keep getting "This PC doesn't meet the minimum system requirements for running Windows...

I keep getting "This PC doesn't meet the minimum system requirements for running Windows...: I keep getting "This PC doesn't meet the minimum system requirements for running Windows 11" but the my new PC specs is the following:AMD Ryzen 5 4600G - 3.7 GHzEMX-A320-Pro MOBO and indicated in the box "Windows 11 ready"8 GB RAMM.2 SSD 256 GB Please help!...
  9. I keep getting "This PC doesn't meet the minimum system requirements for running Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting "This PC doesn't meet the minimum system requirements for running Windows...: I keep getting "This PC doesn't meet the minimum system requirements for running Windows 11" but the my new PC specs is the following:AMD Ryzen 5 4600G - 3.7 GHzEMX-A320-Pro MOBO and indicated in the box "Windows 11 ready"8 GB RAMM.2 SSD 256 GB Please help!...
  10. Android app running under WSA doesn't see WiFi, but tablet does ... why not?

Android app running under WSA doesn't see WiFi, but tablet does ... why not?: I nave an Android app running under Windows 11 Subsystem for Android WSA. The tablet connects to a local WiFi source not the Internet, but the application does not. How do I troubleshoot and fix things so the application will connect to the WiFi source?The app is not...