Windows 10: Windows 10 Domain Joined - How to disable pin sign on.

Discus and support Windows 10 Domain Joined - How to disable pin sign on. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Having trouble disabling pin sign on for our domain joined machines. it just doesn't seem to work, I have tried using the registry tweak and GPO... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Firaz786, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Firaz786 Win User

Windows 10 Domain Joined - How to disable pin sign on.

Having trouble disabling pin sign on for our domain joined machines.

it just doesn't seem to work, I have tried using the registry tweak and GPO policy.

Can someone help please?*Confused*Confused

Firaz

:)

Firaz786, Jun 20, 2016

2. Enabling Hello and PIN sign in in domain joined machine running Windows 10 Anniversary edition (1607)

I've been trying to enable Hello and PIN sign in on my domain joined machine running Win 10 (1607 update).

Unfortunately I was not able to get this to work. Does anyone have any idea how to configure this successfully.

I've already enabled PIN and Hello in the Local Group Policy. It's also enabled in our Default Domain GPO.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

chriskaminski, Jun 20, 2016
  3. PIN login disappeared

Hi Seblab,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Are you to connect to some domain network? What did you see in the flashing message? It often happens like if you are connected to a domain, users are not allowed to sign in with a PIN by default. After joining to a domain PIN authentication might
    be not available.

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jun 20, 2016
  4. Gayle Win User

Have you tried this registry tweak?
    Navigate to:
    Code: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Settings\AllowSignInOptions[/quote] Create a DWORD 32-bit Value named value, and set it to 0.

Gayle, Jun 21, 2016
  5. Firaz786 Win User
    Hi Gayle,

Thanks for the reply, I gave this a go but still did not work. I pushed it through GPO and i can see it applying for the pin sign option still displays..

Firaz786, Jun 21, 2016
  6. Gayle Win User
    Another way of disabling PIN is delete this folder: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    You might take ownership of the NGC folder before you can delete it.

Gayle, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Domain Joined - How to disable pin sign on. - Similar Threads - Domain Joined disable

2. How to join a Domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to join a Domain: I am trying to join a domain on a new laptop. When I try to join it, it says, "You cannot join a computer running this edition of Windows 10 to a domain." I have tried a few solutions I found online, but nothing has worked. I am running Windows 11 Home version....
  3. How to join a Domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to join a Domain: I am trying to join a domain on a new laptop. When I try to join it, it says, "You cannot join a computer running this edition of Windows 10 to a domain." I have tried a few solutions I found online, but nothing has worked. I am running Windows 11 Home version....
  4. Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to join Windows 10 to Domain: We are trying to join a Windows 10 machine to our domain controller which sits on Server 2012 R2. Networking team has recently blocked port 445 SMB. Is there a way to join the domain controller without this port?...
  5. windows 10 hacked and joined to a domain

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 hacked and joined to a domain: my windows 10 has been hacked and I had to reset it. After resetting, it now wont activate. I looked up the code and it says it has been joined to a domain. I thought this before that it all of the sudden was on work or school group and I knew that I had not set it up like...
  6. How to disable PIN sign-in in Windows 10?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to disable PIN sign-in in Windows 10?: I installed Windows 10 on my new laptop yesterday. During the setup it asked for a PIN, and I set one. A PIN is the default way for me to login right now.Now I would like to disable it and require a password. So I go to Settings->Accounts->Sign-in options.I go to Windows...
  7. Joining a Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Joining a Domain: I'm trying to join a domain that resides on my Synology NAS. When trying to join the domain I'm getting the following message: [ATTACH] I've also tried joining the domain using the "Network ID" button and I get the following message: [ATTACH] I'm running Windows 10...
  8. Does disabling a domain-joined device in Azure AD prevent local sign-in using PIN?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Does disabling a domain-joined device in Azure AD prevent local sign-in using PIN?: This query relates to a standard Windows 10/Office 365 Business Premium subscription, on a domain-joined device - with no other local accounts created (aside from local Admin, not shared with employees). The O365 support team confirmed that resetting a password/signing out...
  9. How To Join Your Windows 10 PC to a Domain

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To Join Your Windows 10 PC to a Domain: Last Updated on May 22, 2019So, you want to learn how to join your Windows 10 PC to a domain? Great! You’ve come to the right place then. First, let’s start off with some definition. What’s a domain? A domain is a kind of network that allows you to login to your user from any...
  10. Enable or Disable Domain Users to Sign in with PIN to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Domain Users to Sign in with PIN to Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Domain Users to Sign in with PIN to Windows 10 [img] Information Windows Hello in Windows 10 enables users to sign in to their device using a PIN (Personal Identification Number). You can use this PIN to sign in to Windows, apps, and services....