Windows 10: Windows 10 Downgrade Scenario - Questions

Discus and support Windows 10 Downgrade Scenario - Questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows 10 on July 30th from Win7. Before I did I cloned my Win7 disk to another spare drive. Yesterday I accidently booted into that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dlwmacgregor, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Downgrade Scenario - Questions

I upgraded to Windows 10 on July 30th from Win7.
    Before I did I cloned my Win7 disk to another spare drive.
    Yesterday I accidently booted into that drive and Windows tried to upgrade that drive (and failed) or so says the Windows Update Log.
    So here's the question...
    If I were to downgrade my Win10 to Win7 on the "live" drive and something went wrong and I had to restore from the cloned drive, would it keep trying to re-install Win10 or would it be smart enough to know that I had at least attempted a downgrade?
    OR
    If I just simply didn't want Win10 anymore, what would be the effect of just restoring my Win7 drive from the cloned backup...period, without trying to downgrade?

:)

dlwmacgregor, Aug 10, 2015
  2. eletricsaberman, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Start Button not doing anything Windows 10 plus calculator not working

The problem is that we cannot use the start button on Windows 10.

In such a case, how are we supposed to utilize method 1 and method 2 when you refer to the usage of the same button in order to run these commands: sfc scan and DISM?

I used method 3 to no avail.

Please let me know.

Kind regards.

Windows 10 Questions, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Windows 10 Downgrade Scenario - Questions

Depends on what shape the Windows 7 drive is in after the aborted 10 upgrade. Whatever it is it what it will be when you restore it to the other drive.

Ztruker, Aug 11, 2015
  5. lmaneke Win User
    You can downgrade back to Windows 7 from Windows 10.

Click Start Menu

Click Settings

Click Update & Security

Click Recovery

Click Return to Windows 7

The upgrade saves your previous version of Windows that you can revert back to in a 30 day period. Your settings will revert back to the way they were before the upgrade, like nothing ever happened.

lmaneke, Aug 11, 2015
  6. To clarify, I wouldn't be attempting an upgrade, but a downgrade. I cloned my Win7 on July 27th, one day before the automatic downloading started but I did have the "Get Windows 10" icon, so the clone also has it. I just want to make sure that somewhere down the road if I have to use that cloned backup to restore my "live" OS that it won't continuously try to upgrade to Win10.

dlwmacgregor, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Downgrade Scenario - Questions

1. Windows 10 Downgrade Scenario - Questions - Similar Threads - Downgrade Scenario Questions

2. HP Envy 360 Downgrade question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Envy 360 Downgrade question: I have not yet bought this laptop but I'm looking to buy a new laptop soon. I still want a 2-in-1 convertible laptop as I like to work on my own creative endeavors. My question though is, this laptop comes pre-installed with Windows 11 home. This is a problem for me because I...
  3. HP Envy 360 Downgrade question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Envy 360 Downgrade question: I have not yet bought this laptop but I'm looking to buy a new laptop soon. I still want a 2-in-1 convertible laptop as I like to work on my own creative endeavors. My question though is, this laptop comes pre-installed with Windows 11 home. This is a problem for me because I...
  4. Windows 10 License for VM in VDI Scenario

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 License for VM in VDI Scenario: Hello,In a VDI on-premise scenario, what OS license should I install on the VM that the user will be accessing? I understand that Windows VDA is required for each user for access rights, but how about the VM dedicated to each of them? Can I just use a normal Windows 10...
  5. Windows 10 License for VM in VDI Scenario

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 License for VM in VDI Scenario: Hello,In a VDI on-premise scenario, what OS license should I install on the VM that the user will be accessing? I understand that Windows VDA is required for each user for access rights, but how about the VM dedicated to each of them? Can I just use a normal Windows 10...
  6. Windows 10 License for VM in VDI Scenario

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. DST - Testing scenarios

in Windows 10 Customization
    DST - Testing scenarios: As developer, I am sometimes in the situation that I need DST "now" to test the behavior of a system/software ... Pre-requisites: stopp Windows Time Service habe + disabled it that it is not started by domain...
  8. Screen Goes Black In Specific Scenarios Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Goes Black In Specific Scenarios Windows 10: As title says, my monitor screen will go black but only when I am doing very specific things. For instance, opening sound settings, then device properties instantly presents my monitor with a black screen but only when the window that I am looking at is in full screen. This...
  9. Windows 7 and 10 dual Boot Scenario question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 and 10 dual Boot Scenario question: Here is what I am trying to accomplish 1. upgrade my win 7 pro 64bit install to win 10 LTSB 2. reinstall my present win 7 install from image back up then change my key Reason for this is that I have lost a couple of install disks during a recent move. Need these 2 disks...
  10. Downgrade Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade Question: Hi, Im not sure if this is the correct area for this but, If you downgrade from windows 10 using an ISO will you lose data and if you do is there anyway to keep the data. 43515