Windows 10: Windows 10 Download error

Discus and support Windows 10 Download error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell xps8700 with factory installed win8.1. I added pro with media and it is fully activated and all windows updates are complete. During the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jimmydee, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Jimmydee Win User

Windows 10 Download error

I have a Dell xps8700 with factory installed win8.1. I added pro with media and it is fully activated and all windows updates are complete. During the Win 10 download, the initial screen says everything is compatible and ready to go, then the 2884 MB file downloads, but about 30% of the way through the next step "preparing for installation" the process stops. The message says - "Check your PC before upgrading....before installing Windows 10 Insider Preview something needs your attention" . When I hit the "check PC button" it just starts the process over and stalls out in the same place. I have repeated the process a few times with the same result.
    Any suggestions to make this download work will be appreciated.

:)

Jimmydee, Mar 11, 2016

2. How to Install Windows 10 on Devices with Limited Space

Even though I have an external device with more than 40 Gb capacity and the assistant recognizes it, it still keeps asking me to free 5 more Gb from the (unit CWindows 10 Download error :).

I have 3'62 Gb free memory in (Unit CWindows 10 Download error :). It asks me to free 5'63 Gb more. That'll make a total of 9'25 GB. The assistant needs 9'80 GB free memory to update windows 10 without any external device. Does this mean that my external device will only be used
    for 0'55 GB? Please I don't understant anything. I just want my laptop to work. I'd stay with my actual version but it keeps showing me ads, interrupting my work and deleting random stuff because of uninterruptible random updates. It has already freed 3 GB
    and I dont even know where from.

Thank you.

Update windows 10 error, Mar 11, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Mar 11, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

One questions :
    1. Where did you get an Insider Preview ISO to install over your Win 8.1 Pro ?
    2. Any reason why you chose installing Windows 10 Insider Preview instead of the full version Windows 10 RTM ?

I might be able to help you installing the full Win 10 version, but I would not want to coerce you into something you did not want.

davidhk, Mar 11, 2016
  5. Jimmydee Win User

Jimmydee, Mar 11, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    You could not have downloaded the wrong one because it was handled by your Windows Update.
    You were doing an Upgrade Install via Windows Update.
    I have no idea what had happened.

Any way, do a manual install of Windows 10.
    Here is the tutorial
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...tallation.html

davidhk, Mar 11, 2016
  7. Jimmydee Win User
    Davidhk
    Thanks for the guide. When I tried using the Media Creation Tool, it gave me an error message "this tool can't upgrade your PC - the language or edition of your version of windows on this pc currently installed isn't supported by this tool". My current windows edition is "windows 8.1 pro with media center". Based on something I read in another blog, I changed my country location to USA, language to English USA, applied it to new users and welcome screen, and restarted. Same error message (note I am running the tool as the administrator and upgrading this pc). I also disconnected all other hard drives and printers, disabled Norton, disabled all non essential start-up tasks. None of this has helped.
    I have not tried to use the media creation tool "for another pc" nor have I tried to download the ISO from techbench directly. Is this my best next step or is there a better next step to try. Not sure why this is so hard....my other PC's upgraded easily.

Jimmydee, Mar 11, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Use the instructions I posted below on Tech Bench download.
    Please follow them to the letter.
    Don't change region and language. You keep what you were using in Win 8 /8.1 Pro.

Use this Tech Bench link and download the Windows 10 iso file:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...brrWLRbagYCa0w

scroll down to Select Edition > click the pointer at the right and select Windows 10 > click Confirm.
    click the pointer and select Language > make sure you pick the same language the computer is now running > click Confirm
    select the bit version, 32 or 64-bit. Make sure you select the same bit version as the computer is now running.
    at the bottom, click the pointer next to Save > click Save As > navigate to a folder of your choice > click the chosen folder > click Save
    The iso will start downloading to your chosen folder.
    When it is done, go to that folder > open the folder > right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe
    Installation will begin.
    It will allow you to keep you files, settings and apps.
    If you are asked for product key, select SKIP or " I don't have a product key " option, then continue.
    Activation should be automatic after successful installation.
    If not, then use your Win 8 Pro key to activate.

davidhk, Mar 11, 2016
  9. Jimmydee Win User
    Problem solved - much appreciated

Jimmydee, Mar 12, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    You are welcome.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Download error - Similar Threads - Download error

2. Error saying "we are unable to complete your request at this time" while trying to download...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error saying "we are unable to complete your request at this time" while trying to download...: Originally i couldn't download windows 11 pro media creation tool onto my usb because when it tried downloading it onto the usb it ended with we are unable to run this tool on your pc message, so i decided to try and use rufus because apparently that was what was helping...
  3. Error saying "we are unable to complete your request at this time" while trying to download...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error saying "we are unable to complete your request at this time" while trying to download...: Originally i couldn't download windows 11 pro media creation tool onto my usb because when it tried downloading it onto the usb it ended with we are unable to run this tool on your pc message, so i decided to try and use rufus because apparently that was what was helping...
  4. Error saying "we are unable to complete your request at this time" while trying to download...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036892 download error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036892 download error: I have tried troubleshooting, some cmd prompt fixes, checked firewall & I only use windows antivirus. Here are CBS Logs, help appreciated.CBS LOGS:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnJSNyZs3xMgiM0-PGmNeHFZwUgy_QSYSTEM DETAILS:OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 HomeVersion 10.0.19045 Build...
  6. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036892 download error

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036892 download error: I have tried troubleshooting, some cmd prompt fixes, checked firewall & I only use windows antivirus. Here are CBS Logs, help appreciated.CBS LOGS:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnJSNyZs3xMgiM0-PGmNeHFZwUgy_QSYSTEM DETAILS:OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 HomeVersion 10.0.19045 Build...
  7. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036892 download error

8. blue screen, I downloaded errors, there are two errors in the Bluescreenview program. I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blue screen, I downloaded errors, there are two errors in the Bluescreenview program. I...: blue screen, I downloaded errors, there are two errors in the Bluescreenview program. I attached the zip file. How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-i-downloaded-errors-there-are-two/9660f03e-9940-478d-9f24-97d9de5eb8d4
  9. blue screen, I downloaded errors, there are two errors in the Bluescreenview program. I...

blue screen, I downloaded errors, there are two errors in the Bluescreenview program. I...: blue screen, I downloaded errors, there are two errors in the Bluescreenview program. I attached the zip file. How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-i-downloaded-errors-there-are-two/9660f03e-9940-478d-9f24-97d9de5eb8d4
  10. error code 0x80072f8f - 0x20000 with download of media creation tool for Win 7 pro to win 10

error code 0x80072f8f - 0x20000 with download of media creation tool for Win 7 pro to win 10: I am trying to update my win 7 pro computer which had been upgraded already to win 10, but reverted back to 7 when my starter pin did not work and I had to boot in safe mode back to win 10. When I try to download the Microsoft Media tool, i get an error message: "unable to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. .net framework 3.5 error 0x80d03805