Windows 10: windows 10 download self selecting and jumping all over the place

Discus and support windows 10 download self selecting and jumping all over the place in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have downloaded windows 10. I am having an aweful problem with my pointer - it self selects anything and everything. If left on a page it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by evey71, Sep 6, 2015.

1. evey71 Win User

windows 10 download self selecting and jumping all over the place

Hi, I have downloaded windows 10. I am having an aweful problem with my pointer - it self selects anything and everything. If left on a page it increases or decreases the viewing percentage. I looked in settings but couldn't see anything there to stop this.

I don't know where to leave my pointer now, can someone help with this one please. I have have win 10 for 2 days now and it has not improved even with updates.

cheer evey

:)

evey71, Sep 6, 2015
  2. Babu V Win User

Keys jumping all over the place...

Hi,

Thank you for posting. Due to the high volume of enquiries related to Windows 10, we could not respond to you on time.

I would suggest you to boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps. Booting the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue.

To do this, follow steps from this link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After checking the functionality in clean boot, follow the suggestions under “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting”.

Hope the information provided is helpful.

Babu V, Sep 6, 2015
  3. exnalstew Win User
    Keys jumping all over the place...

Trying to write, almost impossible now after upgrade to W10! Did speak to support on other issues, now this! Just writing this was almost impossible...any ideas or suggestions? Num Lock is not on...representative did upload drivers...don't know what
    to do!!

exnalstew, Sep 6, 2015
  4. windows 10 download self selecting and jumping all over the place

Hi and welcome!
    In which way you install Windows 10? Clean install or upgrade?

Cluster Head, Sep 6, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 download self selecting and jumping all over the place

1. windows 10 download self selecting and jumping all over the place - Similar Threads - download self selecting

2. Mouse jumping all over the place! clicking and rt clicking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse jumping all over the place! clicking and rt clicking: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AlphaRuthlessBee [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vfktc7/mouse_jumping_all_over_the_place_clicking_and_rt/
  3. Windows 10 - Mouse moving all over the place, when writing text jumps to the beggining of...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Mouse moving all over the place, when writing text jumps to the beggining of...: Windows 10 - Mouse moving all over the place.1. When writing text jumps to the beggining of phrase, crazy2. Triying to write something on the browser, almost impossible.3. In Excel it moves up and down on rows.I have followed all the recomendations on the microsoft side and...
  4. Download speed all over the place

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Download speed all over the place: I have a windows 10 pc and downloading even the smallest things is a pain. One second I’ll be getting 1.2 mb/s and the next I’m getting 120 kb/s then it’ll shoot back up to 1.4 mb/s and the cycle continues. And the most surprising thing is that my ping and downloads speeds...
  5. Windows 10 Defender dates are all over the place.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Defender dates are all over the place.: Every time I manually update the definitions the dates and times mentioned are way off the mark. I am in Australia on the eastern seaboard and my time and date are correctly displayed in the bottom right. At 7:37pm 1/2/2020 I manually updated the definitions. Result...
  6. Touchpad is a mess, cursor jumping all over when selecting text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad is a mess, cursor jumping all over when selecting text: The reset touchpad option is greyed out. We had started using a mouse, seems the touchpad now is terrible. How to fix it? - - - Updated - - - I may have fixed it. Went to device manager uninstalled ASUS precision touchpad. Then cntrol-alt-delete to sign out, then tab to...
  7. Touchpad is a mess, cursor jumping all over when selecting text

in Windows 10 Support
    Touchpad is a mess, cursor jumping all over when selecting text: The reset touchpad option is greyed out. We had started using a mouse, seems the touchpad now is terrible. How to fix it? 139872
  8. PC is lagging all over the place

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC is lagging all over the place: My laptop is now about 6 years old. Has a core i3 5005u and an Nvidia 930m. It was all smooth sailing till like 2 months ago... Used to play fortnite pretty smoothly... But suddenly for two months everything is lagging. Can hardly run fortnite properly. It'll run consistently...
  9. PC is lagging all over the place

in Windows 10 Support
    PC is lagging all over the place: My laptop is now about 6 years old. Has a core i3 5005u and an Nvidia 930m. It was all smooth sailing till like 2 months ago... Used to play fortnite pretty smoothly... But suddenly for two months everything is lagging. Can hardly run fortnite properly. It'll run consistently...
  10. Download Speeds All Over the Place D:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download Speeds All Over the Place D:: Basically, when I do a speed test on Ookla, I'm getting 50-55MBps Download speed and 3MBps upload speed. However, when I'm actually downloading things, it ranges from 1MBps - 6MBps. Please help! 47296