Windows 10: Windows 10 Download - Very Slow!

Discus and support Windows 10 Download - Very Slow! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've used the Microsoft Media Creation Tool x64 to effect a Win 10 download. The download is painfully slow. What's up with that? 27783 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tjg79, Oct 26, 2015.

1. tjg79 Win User

Windows 10 Download - Very Slow!

I've used the Microsoft Media Creation Tool x64 to effect a Win 10 download. The download is painfully slow. What's up with that?

:)

tjg79, Oct 26, 2015
  2. Dustyguy Win User

Slow gateway laptop since I downloaded windows 10.

* Original Title: slow laptop

slow gateway laptop since I downloaded windows 10. It won't let me reload windows 10 or windows 8.1

I have to type very slow or it freezes up.

Dustyguy, Oct 26, 2015
  3. Downloading Windows 10 without the out internet using downloaded iso file online

Is it possible to download Windows 10 without the internet? Like desktop at home, I have a very very slow internet, and downloading Windows 10 online would take ages (especially that the electricity cut of so often hence the internet might also cut off)

may I download the driver at my office (where there is much faster internet connection) as iso file then download it on my USB port to plug it into my home computer where there is a very slow internet connection and download Windows 10 ? Or this might be
    a wrong sin ?

Therefore, after downloading windows 10 I may upgrade my reservation with my home slow internet connection.

Thank you in advance

RamiChehab, Oct 26, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 26, 2015
  5. tjg79 Win User
    Hello Brink!

My download rate is 3.0 Mb/s and I've checked it while downloading, which usually yields a slower measured speed, and it was above 2.5 Mb/s. Still, the Win 10 download takes a very long time using the Media Creation Tool.

tjg79, Oct 26, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The average ISO download will be around 3 to 3.5 GB, so at a 3 Mbit/s download rate, it could take a while. I calculate around 2 hours and 47 minutes.

Brink, Oct 26, 2015
  7. tjg79 Win User
    Thanks Brink.

Based on your calculations, it would take about 167 minutes to download 100%, assuming constant rate of download. Or, about 1 min. 40 sec. to download 1%.

I just measured the time for 1% change in download progress, 68% to 69%, and it took 2 min. 28 sec. or about 247 minutes for a 100% download.

247 minutes is over four hours, which seems to be about the time it's taking to download this file.

Regards

tjg79, Oct 26, 2015
  8. tjg79 Win User

There was no thumbs up on this download. As it turned out, I downloaded the 32-bit and 64-bit combined Win 10 setup iso. The file was about 5.78 GB in size and my recordable DVDs are only 4.7 GB.

Now I get to start the download all over again.

It should go faster this time, because I'm going to download the 64-bit version and not the combined version.

Regards

tjg79, Oct 26, 2015
  9. bobkn Win User
    You don't have any dual layer writeable DVDs (8.5GB)?

I prefer not to use them, as their burn rates tend to be lower than the single layer disks. They're also more expensive. I keep a few around for contingencies like this.

bobkn, Oct 26, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Oh my. That explains why it was taking so long. *Sad

Brink, Oct 26, 2015
  11. tjg79 Win User
    I don't have any dual layers on hand. I wish I did have a few. If I can pick up a quantity of 10 or less, I'll do so now for situations just like this. However, the last time I bought recordable DVDs, I bought a quantity of 100 of the single layer 16x Speed and I've used less than 5. So, I've likely got a lifetime supply of 4.7 GB recordable DVDs on hand now. Also, these are the rare LightScribe versions, because I've got a LightScribe capable burner.

tjg79, Oct 26, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you like, you could also get a cheap 8GB USB to use.

Brink, Oct 26, 2015
  13. tjg79 Win User

Yes, oh my. I was checking everything thinking I had a clog in my pipeline. As it turned out, I was downloading a file nearly twice the size of what I thought it was.

tjg79, Oct 26, 2015
  14. tjg79 Win User
    I didn't save it as a USB install. I saved it as an iso file. I didn't think I could install from an iso loaded onto a USB flash drive. I seem to recall that you need to make the USB flash bootable. I wasn't sure, because I don't do those types of tasks very often.

tjg79, Oct 26, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 26, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Download - Very Slow! - Similar Threads - Download Very Slow

2. Very slow download speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow download speeds: Since a week, I have been getting very slow file download speeds. I test my internet on speedtest.net once every day or two, I always get below 10ms and my download and upload speeds are 150+ mbps. However around 75% of the time when I am downloading something, it takes a lot...
  3. Very slow download speeds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very slow download speeds: Since a week, I have been getting very slow file download speeds. I test my internet on speedtest.net once every day or two, I always get below 10ms and my download and upload speeds are 150+ mbps. However around 75% of the time when I am downloading something, it takes a lot...
  4. Very slow download speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Very slow download speed

Very slow download speed: I get around 200 mbps but downloads mostly happen at 1-2 mbps . I need help to utilize the connection i pay for downloads in epic games launcher happen at 11 mbps but in edge or other platforms they happen at very low speeds ....
  6. Download speed very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Download speed very slow: Hello , On my pc downloads are very slow even though i get 150 mbps download speed dont go above 2-3 mbps . Is there a way to get faster download speed and utilize the internet i paid for? Its slow on microsoft edge and chrome every other browser even free download manager...
  7. Windows 10 pro: Very slow download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro: Very slow download: Since the past update, internet speeds are really slow. Whats the issue and how can I resolve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-very-slow-download/ecd9d3fe-1a5b-4744-8177-1934215e91d3
  8. Very slow download speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very slow download speed: Good evening, I have just purchased a new PC with windows 10. For some reason whatever I try to download will not go above 5mbps, although I have 45mbps. I have made sure PC is up to date and all drivers are current but still no joy. I ran a speed test and it gives me 45mbps...
  9. Windows 10, very slow download of updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10, very slow download of updates: I'm using Windows 10 Pro and have a big problem with extremely slow download of updates. My internet connection speed is >20Mbps (I can normally download files from microsoft.com with full 20Mbps) After getting new updates, they start OK, downloading with full 20Mbps for...
  10. very slow download speeds in windows 10

very slow download speeds in windows 10: hello guys.. someone please find a way to fix the slow download speeds in windows 10..after i updated to windows 10 my download speed ended from 10mbps to 25kbps....... And i found that the download speed is not altered for google servers like youtube,google drive.... all...