Windows 10: Windows 10 DPI-Awareness issues, blurry text 125%

Discus and support Windows 10 DPI-Awareness issues, blurry text 125% in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I don't know if it has been asked before but I have had issues that I can reproduce on both my laptop and desktop, with DPI scaling.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pashinator, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Windows 10 DPI-Awareness issues, blurry text 125%

Hi,
    I don't know if it has been asked before but I have had issues that I can reproduce on both my laptop and desktop, with DPI scaling.

Applications like Device Manager would scale fine in 8.1, but in 10 the text is stretched. At 125% the text is blurry, and at 200% it is clear that text occupies double the pixels.
    Windows 10 DPI-Awareness issues, blurry text 125% [​IMG]
    That is at 125%

:)

pashinator, Jul 26, 2015
  2. Creaulx Win User

Windows 10 fonts are blurry and hard to read

Windows 10 DPI blurry / fuzzy text font fix - XP Explorer

Also,
    http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/9087-windows-10-dpi-awareness-issues-blurry-text-125-a.html#post306253

Solved it for me as I have a 19280 X 1080 screen and like to keep my scaling at 125% so that the text is big enough to read without squinting. Why Microsoft changed the way scaling is done in 10 as opposed to what it was in 8.1 is "not clear" to me...
    Ha. Let me know if this works.

Creaulx, Jul 26, 2015
  3. blo333 Win User
    Blurry text in Windows

Hi,

Thanks Jessen, for responding, unfortunately it had no effect.

I can see that this issue is widely discussed in the web:

Windows 10 DPI-Awareness issues, blurry text 125% - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 Feature Focus: Display Scaling - Thurrott.com

Blurry text Solved - Page 5 - Windows 10 Forums

There is also an article about in on Microsoft page:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2900023 - is this the same issue that i am having?

These threads seem to contain some workarounds but what is the proper recommended Microsoft way to fix this issue?

Also, when will there be an official fix for high DPI displays?

Regards

blo333, Jul 26, 2015
  4. ekrem Win User

Windows 10 DPI-Awareness issues, blurry text 125%

I have the same problem,
    When I use dpi scaling of 125%, texts in desktop applications are fine but texts in apps like chrome get blurry. However, When I use dpi scaling of 150%, the opposite happens *Mad

Someone please tell the solution...

ekrem, Jul 27, 2015
  5. Zorua Win User
    I have the exact same problem. WIndows 8.1 everything scaled just fine. 10 screwed something up big time. Using 100% DPI is not an option for me because on 25", 1440p looks really small.

Zorua, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Jormvngandr, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Nemix Win User
    It's the video driver and maybe Windows not working together that creates blurry text, we've been through this before for anyone who upgraded to Windows 8.1 upon first release from Windows 7/8; give it a month or two for it to be fixed with newer video drivers and Windows 10 patches.

Nemix, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Windows 10 DPI-Awareness issues, blurry text 125%

Same problem here!

I had that problem before when I upgraded to Windows 8.1, and I fixed it by changing the scaling options to "Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays" and changing it to 125%.

After upgrading to Windows 10, I can't find the "Let me choose..." setting!

HazemZidane, Jul 29, 2015
  9. cyberSAR Win User
    I have the same issue with an nvidia video card. I found that turning off scaling in the nvidia control panel helps somewhat.

cyberSAR, Jul 29, 2015
  10. I've searched through the web and I found this great tool that fixed the blurry text that I had after changing my scale to 125% in Windows 10.

Simply download the file from the following page, run it and and choose the Windows 8.1 DPI scaling option and the required scaling level and then restart your computer/laptop.

Tool website: Windows 10 DPI blurry / fuzzy text font fix - XP Explorer

Direct link to the tool: [direct link removed]

Have a great day *Smile

HazemZidane, Jul 31, 2015
  11. ekrem Win User
    Fixes my issue! That's what I expect. I really appreciate you HazemZidane. Thank you!

ekrem, Jul 31, 2015
  12. Excellent tool, thanks HazemZidane.

AmigaRoots, Aug 3, 2015
  13. kbtcook Win User

Windows 10 DPI Fix fixed the blurry text problem. Thanks. But I found out just now that scanned images (scanned old newspaper articles in Korean) look too fuzzy to read. They looked crisp in Windows 7.

kbtcook, Sep 28, 2015
  14. sabrehawk Win User
    Windows defender malware alert. Do not download!
    I really dont care what they state on their website...according to whitelisting, its plain too risky
    to take chances.

sabrehawk, Mar 24, 2016
  15. No need to spread false rumours. If Windows Defender throws an alert, it hardly means it is malware for sure. This has already been used, tested and is 100% safe. You are way more in danger by using Windows Defender...

AmigaRoots, Mar 24, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 DPI-Awareness issues, blurry text 125% - Similar Threads - DPI Awareness issues

2. Blurry Text Issue - ongoing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry Text Issue - ongoing: Hi everyone,I've been having an issue for a long time now where text in the window is sometimes blurry. It only ever really affected my SteelSeries GG app so I suffered through it after there was no quick fix I could find. Now, I just updated to the new version of outlook and...
  3. Blurry Text Issue - ongoing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry Text Issue - ongoing: Hi everyone,I've been having an issue for a long time now where text in the window is sometimes blurry. It only ever really affected my SteelSeries GG app so I suffered through it after there was no quick fix I could find. Now, I just updated to the new version of outlook and...
  4. blurry on 125% scaling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    blurry on 125% scaling: HeyWhen im on my native resolution the apps and texts are too small. When i change to 125% scaling the text and apps are perfect size but it's blurry, any help please?I have tried a resolution lower but its blurry aswell...
  5. blurry on 125% scaling

blurry on 125% scaling: HeyWhen im on my native resolution the apps and texts are too small. When i change to 125% scaling the text and apps are perfect size but it's blurry, any help please?I have tried a resolution lower but its blurry aswell...
  6. 125% scaling blurry icons on taskbar

125% scaling blurry icons on taskbar: Hello. I have an issue with icons on taskbar, when I launch some games with low resolution, after that the icons on taskbar looks very blurry. I have toggled "Let Windows try to fix app so they're not blurry", tried change DPI settings in compatibility section, didn't help....
  7. High-DPI-awareness scaling factors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High-DPI-awareness scaling factors: Hello, all Whan I check the value of GetSystemMetricsSM_CXSCREEN on a high-DPI device with Widnows 10, I see that the ratio between virtual and physical pixels is exactly two: GetSystemMetricsSM_CXSCREEN == 2736; // high-DPI-aware GetSystemMetricsSM_CXSCREEN == 1368;...
  8. Window 10 - blurry text in non-high DPI aware apps - try to fix it

in Windows 10 Support
    Window 10 - blurry text in non-high DPI aware apps - try to fix it: Hello, I upgraded to the Windows 10 becouse I was looking forward to per monitor DPI feature. This feature works well - except for the non-high DPI aware apps. These apps are rendered using DPI virtualization and appear blurry on high DPI displays. I've read some MS...
  9. Blurry Start Menu titles icons with 125% dpi

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry Start Menu titles icons with 125% dpi: After switching to 125% DPI the start menu titles become bigger (which is a nice thing) but also some weird blurring filter is applied to icons. Right away after you open start menu the icons are more sharp for 1 second then become blurry, is there any work around to change...
  10. Updated to w10 font 125% win apps text blurry

in Windows 10 Support
    Updated to w10 font 125% win apps text blurry: I changed the default fonts and icons size to 125% which run smooth on win 7 but on 10 there is a huge difference. I have tried a solutions posted here but the fonts looks just horrible [img] [img] icons and files names look ok , as well as some menus but...