Windows 10: Windows 10 DPI Settings Reset Every Time I Shutdown

Discus and support Windows 10 DPI Settings Reset Every Time I Shutdown in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm having a problem with the DPI settings on my laptop since around October. My aim that I hope you can help me achieve is to have no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by nicemarm, Nov 5, 2016.

1. nicemarm Win User

Windows 10 DPI Settings Reset Every Time I Shutdown

Hi there, I'm having a problem with the DPI settings on my laptop since around October. My aim that I hope you can help me achieve is to have no scaling factor set (i.e. DPI scaling at 100%).

Every time I restart my laptop the factor sets to 125%. I am able to move it down to 100% by going here:
    Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display
    and then signing out.

It is a pain to sign out and back in every time I start my laptop and I never used to have to do this before a recent windows update.

For your information, if I right click desktop and click display settings, there is a bar telling me I can "change size of text and apps". The number is set at 175% (which is ridiculous because even the registry says it is only at 125%). The slide bar is greyed out and can't be moved.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit: slightly confused as to why this has been moved to the graphics card section. Just for the avoidance of confusion, this is not an issue with my graphics card. This is a windows 10 issue. The system is continually resetting my registry settings.

:)

nicemarm, Nov 5, 2016

2. Using xbox one controller causes dwm to hang and mouse movement bleeps

Since the last update, every time I play a game with the xbox one wireless controller causes DWM to hang, resulting in me having to force shutdown my computer.

In the device manager it clearly shows an exclamation mark "!" on the xinput HID device after usage.

I went as far as doing a reset on Windows 10, however the issue still persists.

I can't seem to be able to find an older driver for xinput.

Here are my system specs:

Time of this report: 3/15/2016, 18:33:58

Machine name: MAJOR-DOUCHE

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release_sec.160223-1728)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

System Model: HP OMEN Notebook PC 15

BIOS: F.32

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16310MB RAM

Page File: 2230MB used, 17023MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: 12

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: UnKnown

Miracast: Available, with HDCP

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Supported

DxDiag Version: 10.00.10586.0000 64bit Unicode

PandaDeCosta, Nov 5, 2016
  3. Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. globe switch

Hi

Tired of every time I install a new program, especially with adobe programs. I need to change the settings of the screen

- Disable display scaling on high DPI settings

Is there a solution to Disable display scaling on high DPI settings for all applications.

Lasse

LasseSortkjær, Nov 5, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 DPI Settings Reset Every Time I Shutdown

1. Windows 10 DPI Settings Reset Every Time I Shutdown - Similar Threads - DPI Settings Reset

2. Windows 10 BSOD every time shutdown or hibernate ntoskrnl.exe...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 BSOD every time shutdown or hibernate ntoskrnl.exe...: My HP Spectre x360 laptop has been faultless until a couple of weeks ago. Every time I either shutdown or close the lid, I receive a BSOD with a SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error.Using BlueScreenView to view the dumps, it appears to be the operating system kernel file...
  3. Every time the pc is shutdown or restart , all the settings is reset and it keep happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time the pc is shutdown or restart , all the settings is reset and it keep happening: Every time the pc is shutdown or restart , all the settings is reset and it keep happening And all the desktop files disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-the-pc-is-shutdown-or-restart-all-the/dbb54361-83e9-4e2b-b1a9-ff71436d46a9
  4. Every time the pc is shutdown or restart , all the settings is reset and it keep happening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time the pc is shutdown or restart , all the settings is reset and it keep happening: Every time the pc is shutdown or restart , all the settings is reset and it keep happening And all the desktop files disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-the-pc-is-shutdown-or-restart-all-the/dbb54361-83e9-4e2b-b1a9-ff71436d46a9
  5. Every time I set my time zone to Eastern Standard Time in settings it resets back to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Every time I set my time zone to Eastern Standard Time in settings it resets back to...: When I use my PC, the time is shown correctly in the taskbar. But when I am using an internet browser, it is set back 3 hours due to it being Pacific Time zone. I have tried many times to change it in the settings app and it just resets. I have already tried Windows...
  6. Every time I set my time zone to Eastern Standard Time in settings it resets back to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I set my time zone to Eastern Standard Time in settings it resets back to...: When I use my PC, the time is shown correctly in the taskbar. But when I am using an internet browser, it is set back 3 hours due to it being Pacific Time zone. I have tried many times to change it in the settings app and it just resets. I have already tried Windows...
  7. Every time I set my time zone to Eastern Standard Time in settings it resets back to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Reset Windows 10 DPI settings entirely?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset Windows 10 DPI settings entirely?: Just got a new 1080p monitor, down from 4K. Some apps are still trying to scale like I'm using a 4K monitor and are blurry, including parts of Windows itself. Is there a way to reset the DPI settings in its entirety without resetting Windows? submitted by /u/a5920 [link]...
  9. Windows update reset settings and resets every time I restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update reset settings and resets every time I restart: Ever since I downloaded the Windows update back in late February my settings were reset to default and every time I shut down and restart my computer the settings revert back to default again so I have to redo all my default programs like chrome rather than edge and adobe...
  10. DPI Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    DPI Settings: Yesterday I realised that Windows recommend to have the DPI settings at 125% I know that they have changed the whole DPI system in the creators update, but I wonder if there is an article that explain why the setting 125% and not 100% is recommended?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my mouse dpi reset everytime i shut down

2. windows resets to factory default every time it is shutdown

3. win 10 high dpi resets everytime

4. app dpi setting resets everytime i restart app