Windows 10: Windows 10 Drag/Drop any file to Word 2013 and 2016 fails

Discus and support Windows 10 Drag/Drop any file to Word 2013 and 2016 fails in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Topic: I want to be able to drag a file from explorer, desktop, web browser link, etc; into Word 2013 and/or 2016. Software of importance Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lostinlodos, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Drag/Drop any file to Word 2013 and 2016 fails

Topic:
    I want to be able to drag a file from explorer, desktop, web browser link, etc; into Word 2013 and/or 2016.

Software of importance
    Windows 10 x64
    Office 2013 x64
    Office 2016 x64

So to start off after upgrading from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10, I was no longer able to drag and drop files from one app into an open Word window and load them. Single files or multiple files, drag and drop no longer worked.

Ohkay; so first I tracked down the registry hack to totally disable UAC. That was fine but Word no longer was able to load/convert PDF files, giving me the Word cannot load filter PDF... issue. And of course most Microsoft base software suddenly no longer works.

I turned UAC back on and now I can once again load/convert PDF files in Word (and use calculator and Edge etc), but again can not drag/drop multiple files.

I've got the sole account (excluding "special") set as an Administrator with UAC set to the lowest possible setting.
    I have also set a custom shortcut on the taskbar loading the program with full elevated privileges.

Any thoughts on how to leave UAC set to 1 in the registry AND be able to drag and drop files from A to B?

:)

lostinlodos, Sep 22, 2015

2. Cannot Drag and Drop into Edge

• I have been on Win 10 and Edge since June 2016.
    • I was able to drag and drop files in a SP2013 document library until today.
    • I tried it with OneDrive with the same result. I can no longer drag and drop to upload files.

Repeat: Drag and drop worked in my SharePoint 2013 libraries and OneDrive until today.

Was there a recent Win 10 or Edge update that may have broken drag and drop?

Len Gilbert BOTW, Sep 22, 2015
  3. Can't drag and drop file to Word.

After upgraded to Windows 10, I found I can't drag and drop file to Word.

It displays a cross sign and I can't drop files in Word file.

I search and find a way to enable drag and drop: Edit registry to disable LUA.

But this way will cause Edge and App Store unable to start.

Is there any better method to enable drag and drop function?

The newer version of Windows I use, the more work I have to do before putting it into daily work.

LinHongJun, Sep 22, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Drag/Drop any file to Word 2013 and 2016 fails

Problem solved, needed to switch to x64 version of office. X32 and X64 are not exchangeable via explorer.

lostinlodos, Aug 1, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Drag/Drop any file to Word 2013 and 2016 fails

1. Windows 10 Drag/Drop any file to Word 2013 and 2016 fails - Similar Threads - Drag Drop file

2. Drag and Drop Windows / Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drag and Drop Windows / Files: In Windows 10, you could have an application open and maximized such as a Word Document, PDF, etc. and you could just drag and drop it to another area, such as the 2nd screen without any issues. As soon as you clicked to drag it, it would just minimize itself not minimize as...
  3. Drag and Drop Windows / Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag and Drop Windows / Files: In Windows 10, you could have an application open and maximized such as a Word Document, PDF, etc. and you could just drag and drop it to another area, such as the 2nd screen without any issues. As soon as you clicked to drag it, it would just minimize itself not minimize as...
  4. drag and drop - windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    drag and drop - windows 10: windows 10 pro version 2004 build 19041.630 I've been using program launcher powerpro for 15 or more years with no problems under windows XP and windows 7. PowerPro Now, under windows 10, I'm having a problem with dragging and dropping files from the file manager onto...
  5. Drag and drop files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drag and drop files: i have a touch pad thing and i cant drag and drop files into a diffrent folder how do i do this please help me, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drag-and-drop-files/834e0054-f3ba-477b-839c-d09481300874
  6. Where To Buy Legit Word 2013/2016?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Where To Buy Legit Word 2013/2016?: No reply to my other thread, seems it's not doable anyways, so as per the title. all I can seem to find is references to phone apps or online/cloud versions. all I want is Word that I can install and use when I want, and not over the net/clouds etc. TIA 149529
  7. WINDOWS 10 AND WORD 2013

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS 10 AND WORD 2013: I am using Dell computer Inspiron 5447 and Office 2013. The computer on purchase windows 8.1 was installed subsequently upgraded to windows 10. Now my computer hard disk is getting into bad shape and hence I was advised by dell service center to replace the same with a new...
  8. cannot "drag & drop" file attachment into Outlook 2013 in Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    cannot "drag & drop" file attachment into Outlook 2013 in Win 10: Hi All. Two issues that may be related? 1) after upgrading to Win 10 (I use office 365) I can no longer Drag & Drop a file into a message body, but it will allow by using the "attach file" tool in Outlook 2013. 2) the Windows Desktop Search is no longer active making...
  9. Cant drag and drop files in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant drag and drop files in windows 10: i just cant drag things from the desktop to any folders i have to cut and past it.... any solution. 13960
  10. Drag and drop files

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag and drop files: [img] when dragging files in win 10 the icon is so big that u can not see where u r dragging to. Is there a way to turn this feature off ? IN THE SCREEN CAPTURE WHEN I DRAG A FILE THIS ICON GOES WITH THE DRAGGING FILE AND MAKE IT HARD TO SEE WHERE YOU ARE DROPPING IT....