Windows 10: Windows 10 Drive & Folder Acess - Tile View Settings

Discus and support Windows 10 Drive & Folder Acess - Tile View Settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it just me or am I missing something with the latest Windows 10? I have just performed a clean install with Windows 10 (yesterday) X64 and i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steverido, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Steverido Win User

Windows 10 Drive & Folder Acess - Tile View Settings

Is it just me or am I missing something with the latest Windows 10? I have just performed a clean install with Windows 10 (yesterday) X64 and i have found that accessing my secondary drives and its subsequent folders incredibly slow. The ISO file was downloaded directly from Microsoft and I used Rufus to create the bootable USB drive.

After an initial boot I tried accessing performance within control panel and it must have taken five minute to open.

I have a high end custom PC build and more than enough specs todeal with anything.

I have also noticed that when I am in a folder and change my view of them to tiles, I then go to view and apply it to all other folders but this does not work at all.

What is going on with this Windows 10's latest builds? It reminds me of the Vista days.

:)

Steverido, Sep 8, 2016

2. cannot access the power button since windows 10 upgraded it self

windows 10 came installed and installed a very large update and now I can no longer acess tiles and program lists or settings or power control

DennisJones 1of5, Sep 8, 2016
  3. Uniform folder view in "Open File" dialog box

Hi everybody,

I have followed How
    to set a folder view in Explorer for all folders - List, Details, Tiles, Small or Large Icons
    to have uniform folder view in my laptop. I got it till an extent with some minor bugs. But when I have "Open File" dialog box open as shown in the attached snapshot,
    the folder view is gone. Is there a way to set uniform folder view here in sync with the method mentioned in the link above?

Thanks & regards,

Amit Jha

Windows 10 Drive & Folder Acess - Tile View Settings [​IMG]

jha.amit6666, Sep 8, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, would I be correct in thinking that all was well with build 1511 (November 2015)?

Please see e.g.
    Microsoft Fixes the Windows 10 Freezing Issues - Windows 10 Forums
    and search the web for
    windows anniversary problems
    where you will find some widely reported issues some people with build 1607 are facing.
    The article above refers to an update (do you have it yet?) which is supposed to address one- freezing.

I seems to recall some people with that sort of symptom have found doing odd things like turning Windows search off and on helps. Don't ask me why.

Feel free to search the forum for
    anniversary slow
    anniversary freezes

for discussion.

If no resolution, you may prefer to reinstall 1511 and if you have Pro, defer upgrades until MS addresses some of the issues.

(It's working fine on my laptop).

Of course you can try Safe Mode as well for comparison...

dalchina, Sep 8, 2016
  5. Steverido Win User
    Just noticed that I have the 1607 version. Damn!!

I have just taken two days to get almost back up to speed. I don't want to write over this build or perform another clean install.

I will see if I can get the fix.

Cheers.

Steverido, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Drive & Folder Acess - Tile View Settings - Similar Threads - Drive Folder Acess

2. Set Default Folder View to Tiles in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Default Folder View to Tiles in Windows 11: Does anyone know how to set the default folder view for all folders on windows 11 to Tiles? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-default-folder-view-to-tiles-in-windows-11/a9638b5b-77df-427e-ba62-4b549437c947
  3. Set Default Folder View to Tiles in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set Default Folder View to Tiles in Windows 11: Does anyone know how to set the default folder view for all folders on windows 11 to Tiles? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-default-folder-view-to-tiles-in-windows-11/a9638b5b-77df-427e-ba62-4b549437c947
  4. PDF Tile Views

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF Tile Views: HI I have nearly a thousand Embroidery Files that I am now moving to my PC in pdf format. Each of these patterns has a picture of the item on the front page. Is it possible to see the actual picture instead of the pds icon in tile view in windows explorer in windows...
  5. Controlled Folder Acess

in Windows 10 Customization
    Controlled Folder Acess: Hello. I can't watch the block history at the controlled folder acess.When I open it Windows is security closing. Please I need a help with that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controlled-folder-acess/4a9953d1-9b2d-4523-aa16-29f370e1b7bd
  6. Setting folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting folder view: Hi. I have folders on my E drive which I like to see in List view. Some of those folders contain sub-folders which I also like to see in List view. When it comes to the actual files, I'd like them shown as Large Icons. Is such a setup possible? Thank you. (version 1903) 159581
  7. Changing the "Tiles" icon size in "Default Folder View"

Changing the "Tiles" icon size in "Default Folder View": I was wondering if there was a way to change the size of "tiles" in Windows 10? Not the start menu tiles but the tiles that are displayed under the "View" option for files and folders. I'd only want to be doing this specifically for the "My PC" folder in file explorer as I...
  8. Is it possible to resize a Tile in Tile View?

Is it possible to resize a Tile in Tile View?: Hi. I have a window that has several icons in Tile View but I would like to shrink the tile size a bit. The actual Tile itself, not change to small or medium icons, as it would inhibit seeing the folder contents. Is this possible within W10 itself? TIA *chuckle 125462
  9. Reset folder view settings in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reset folder view settings in Windows 10?: To put it directly, I'm looking for the Windows 10 equivalent of this: Folder View Settings - Reset to Default in Windows 8 16713
  10. Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10: How to: Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10 How to Set a Default Folder View for All Folders in Windows 10 [img] Information While browsing folders in File Explorer, you can apply the view settings of the current folder to all folders on your PC that...