Windows 10: Windows 10 drivers confusion

Discus and support Windows 10 drivers confusion in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When you are in the Linux OS, can you tell which graphics it's using? It should be nVidia, because that will supersede the Intel-integrated. Just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by doriandiaconu, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Windows 10 drivers confusion

For Linux I'm usig NVidia from what I remember. The updates are W10 certified.

Laptops and netbooks :: Lenovo Z Series laptops :: Lenovo Z50 70 - Lenovo Support (US)

(sorry for the language. it's set by default in my native one)

doriandiaconu, Jan 15, 2016
  2. simrick Win User

Okay, no problem. I thought you already did a clean install?

Yeah, I get that too. I always take those updates - haven't had a problem yet, but I've got a desktop with a GTX960, so totally different animal.

Have you gone through the steps in this page?
    Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics hardware (GPU) and video card issues

Try the clean install, and use the MS Tech Bench ISO. You can do that now, even with 8GB RAM. Using the Windows-installed drivers, see if Photoshop still crashes. If so, follow the troubleshooting steps on their site and see if you can get resolution. If not, I would try the device manufacturer's drivers. You are using a current version of Photoshop, yes?

simrick, Jan 15, 2016
  3. simrick Win User
    simrick, Jan 16, 2016
  4. Windows 10 drivers confusion

doriandiaconu, Jan 16, 2016
  5. Windows 10 drivers confusion [​IMG]

*Sad

6. simrick Win User
    That's not uncommon - I see the 840M failed at first, but now it's waiting on a restart. And some drivers will not install because you already have a more current version than what's coming through Windows Update.

simrick, Jan 16, 2016
  7. I had nothing installed before. I just ran Windows Update on a clean install (no drivers, no nothing)

8. simrick Win User

Windows 10 drivers confusion

Ah, okay. Well, once all the Windows Updates are completed and there are no more, go into Device Manager and make sure you don't see any "bangs" (exclamation marks or question marks) on any devices. If you do, then right click that device and run "update driver". If nothing is found, you can try looking at the site of the manufacturer.

simrick, Jan 16, 2016
  9. So before I restarted my PC I had a bang regarding the NVidia Display Driver. Updates were still listed as errors. I restarted it, no bang there. Just that the driver updates were still listed. My update progress stopped so I stopped the service and then restarted. No more updates for the hardware I got.

10. I had the same issues, also a Lenovo (Erazer X510). I was getting constant BSODs after a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. It took me about a week of trying various drivers before I finally got it stable. Tried all sorts of combinations, really unsure what finally fixed it but certain it was audio and/or network (coincidentally all RealTek hardware...) . IMHO Lenovo drivers are "not the greatest".

At this point I have Windows update set to not install drivers. I'm afraid that any driver replacement, particularly audio or network, will knock me back into the weeds. Conversely, I'm also afraid of my drivers getting out of date.

Wish there was an easy way to backup drivers only so I could turn the driver updates back on yet be able to go back without full image restore. Yes, lots of driver software out there, most are PUPs if not outright malware...

wreckwriter, Jan 16, 2016
  11. simrick Win User
    Driver Magician Lite will back up drivers "only" for you. The ones listed in RED are the one that are not included in the OS.
    You also can just "rollback driver" in Device Manager if one comes through that borks things.

simrick, Jan 16, 2016
  12. simrick Win User
    So no bangs on anything in Device Manager - that's good. And, is everything working well?

simrick, Jan 16, 2016
  13. Windows 10 drivers confusion

Until now. I'll mark it for now as solved. Thanks

14. simrick Win User
    You're quite welcome. You might want to also make a backup of your drivers, in case you need to revert in the future.

simrick, Jan 16, 2016
  15. SoFine409 Win User
    Thanks for the tip on Driver Magician, I've been looking for something like this. FYI, Windows complained about the signature for the Lite version but Norton Security found nothing amiss.

SoFine409, Jan 16, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 drivers confusion

1. Windows 10 drivers confusion - Similar Threads - drivers confusion

2. Yesterday I reset my windows 10. And almost done installing every driver. Tho I'm confused...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yesterday I reset my windows 10. And almost done installing every driver. Tho I'm confused...: I have an acer predator Helios 300 ph315-52, yesterday I reset my pc, Almost installed every driver from laptop manufacturer website. Tho I'm confused should I install intel® dynamic platform and thermal framework driver too? What does this driver do?...
  3. Yesterday I reset my windows 10. And almost done installing every driver. Tho I'm confused...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yesterday I reset my windows 10. And almost done installing every driver. Tho I'm confused...: I have an acer predator Helios 300 ph315-52, yesterday I reset my pc, Almost installed every driver from laptop manufacturer website. Tho I'm confused should I install intel® dynamic platform and thermal framework driver too? What does this driver do?...
  4. Yesterday I reset my windows 10. And almost done installing every driver. Tho I'm confused...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Confusion Over Multiple Sound and Bluetooth Drivers

Confusion Over Multiple Sound and Bluetooth Drivers: My reasonably new Intel NUC seems to offer a choice of key system drivers. It lists "AMD high definition audio device" and "Realtek High Definition Audio". I thought Bluetooth was handled in my Archer A7 router, but I also see "Intel Bluetooth Wireless" listed on my NUC...
  6. Frequent bluescreens and crashes, may be driver related, very confusing!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent bluescreens and crashes, may be driver related, very confusing!: https://mega.nz/folder/S1V1SapQ#Ny0qKCidjy38UyPPPkndxA there are some dmp files. I think all the drivers are up to date, memtest went fine. I feel like I've checked everything but still get crashes when I'm just browsing chrome. Thank you!...
  7. AMD Driver update confusion

AMD Driver update confusion: I have a laptop with AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfxseen from system properties so can I install Auto-Detect and Install Updates for Radeon™ Graphics and Ryzen™ Chipset Drivers for Windows®. Do it update AMD Radeon settings lite software also? Is that safe?...
  8. Realtek drivers confusing problem

Realtek drivers confusing problem: So few days ago i got new headset but microphone wasnt working, so i decided to download latest realtech driver to my lenovo laptop from the official Realtek website. But after installing it the overall sound got much worse, and the realtech audio manager dissapeared, also...
  9. Realtek driver confusion

Realtek driver confusion: After a clean install i am in the process of installing drivers on my system but i am a bit confused by Realtek audio drivers My motherboard (Asus B360M-K Prime) has Realtek HD Audio onboard. When i received my MC (pre-built and preinstalled with Win 10) it had an...
  10. Hosted network status : Not available; Realtek 8723BE drivers version confusion.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hosted network status : Not available; Realtek 8723BE drivers version confusion.: Hi, Sorry for complicated title but both problems are related to the same thing : I want to share my W10 laptop's VPN connection with my TV. My platform is Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909, on an HP Probook 455 G3. Network WiFi card is Realtek 8723 BE 802.11 bgn. First of...