Windows 10: Windows 10 Dual Monitor Switch On From Standby Problems

Discus and support Windows 10 Dual Monitor Switch On From Standby Problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two monitors attached to my desktop, for some reason Windows 10 has stopped automatically switching on my second monitor when windows loads. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by papashep, Sep 24, 2016.

1. papashep Win User

Windows 10 Dual Monitor Switch On From Standby Problems

I have two monitors attached to my desktop, for some reason Windows 10 has stopped automatically switching on my second monitor when windows loads. I therefore have to manually switch it on. Once switched on everything works ok!

Has anybody got any idea's why this should be the case, it was working then suddenly stopped.

:)

papashep, Sep 24, 2016

2. Monitor problems

I have recently installed Windows 10 as an upgrade from Windows 7. My problem is as follows. After I first switch the computer on from a cold boot, the monitor goes into standby mode, is if it has not recognised the computer properly. There is some black
    and white code displayed on the screen and a fuzzy image of the Windows 10 loading page, then it decides to go into standby mode and I am unable to go any further. I keep needing to shut down the computer and reboot the system. It is usually ok on the second
    occasion. But every time I need to use the computer after I have switched everything off at the mains, I need to go through this procedure whereby I switch it on, until the monitor displays 'No AV input' put the computer back into standby mode then restart
    it again.

I have updated the monitor drivers but it hasn't made any difference. Every time I want to use it I turn the computer on, leave it for about five minutes, shut it down and then reboot it. Surely this isn't right!?

MikeReynard, Sep 24, 2016
  3. Mark66F Win User
    Dual monitor issue after september cumulative update KB4038788

Hi Robert, thank you for your interest

I'm my employer ... Windows 10 Dual Monitor Switch On From Standby Problems :)

The computers are self-made-assembled about 5-7 years ago MB socket 775, CPU Core2 8400, RAM 8Gb, SK Video RADEON HD 4500 series.

Operating systems from XP to Seven to Windows 10 always in dual monitor configuration without any special problems.

As mentioned earlier, the problem started after the KB4038788 update, when I start the computer, the right monitor stays in standby mode. Now that I think, in both systems, monitors that are in standby are connected to DVI.

Thanks for any suggestions you can give me ...

P.S. My apologize for my english, i am from italy....

Mark66F, Sep 24, 2016
  4. Kimbolini Win User

Kimbolini, Sep 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Dual Monitor Switch On From Standby Problems - Similar Threads - Dual Monitor Switch

2. Screen freeze after switching from dual monitor to single monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen freeze after switching from dual monitor to single monitor: I have been having screen freeze issues when switching from dual monitor to single monitor to use my capture card. It seems that whenever I go from dual screen to single screen, the primary monitor will sometimes freeze. I can move my mouse but nothing is clickable. I have...
  3. Screen freeze after switching from dual monitor to single monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen freeze after switching from dual monitor to single monitor: I have been having screen freeze issues when switching from dual monitor to single monitor to use my capture card. It seems that whenever I go from dual screen to single screen, the primary monitor will sometimes freeze. I can move my mouse but nothing is clickable. I have...
  4. Screen freeze after switching from dual monitor to single monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. dual monitor problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dual monitor problem: Dear Microsoft I recently added a second monitor to my computer on the DVI port with a DVI to VGA adapter. Since then the usb Wifi adapter on the back panel of the motherboard usb, stops working and windows is disconnected from the network. When I disconnect the second screen...
  6. DUAL Monitor problems

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DUAL Monitor problems: Hair Tearing Time I am having more issues getting dual displays to function properly on W10. It seems to be two fold. Resolution and PnP detection. Same two monitors on Win 7 machine work just fine. Here is the setup. 4 Desktops.3 run Win7 one runs Win10Startech KVM 4 port...
  7. Dual Monitor not switching

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor not switching: I am operating dual monitors on Windows 10. They are extended with one being assigning primary and the other secondary. At times, my primary monitor has gone out a different issue that I am working to fix, but might be connected; I am not sure. When this happens, my secondary...
  8. Dual monitor problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual monitor problem: Hopefully someone can help me with this, My main monitor is connected to the HDMI (GT 1030) My second monitor is connected to the VGA on my motherboard. Last night I got it to work by going to bios and changing the display to VGA first. So my dual screen was working fine....
  9. Apps switched from one monitor to the other during standby

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps switched from one monitor to the other during standby: I have a dual monitor system running Windows 10 v. 1903. Sometimes when I put the computer into standby, I will hear at some later time some Windows sounds and when I wake it up, I will find that the (locked) taskbar along with other apps I had opened on one monitor...
  10. dual monitor problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor problem: I replaced a smaller monitor with a dell se2417hg monitor to match the first monitor. The computer will not recognize it, it shows up only as generic pnp, and even after going in and updating the driver, it will not give me the resolution option that I need to make the...