Windows 10: Windows 10 dual-screen laptops will probably launch this year

Discus and support Windows 10 dual-screen laptops will probably launch this year in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Gregory Bryant, Intel’s senior vice president of client computing said in an interview that the dual-screen, foldable or bendable devices are coming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 11, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 dual-screen laptops will probably launch this year

Gregory Bryant, Intel’s senior vice president of client computing said in an interview that the dual-screen, foldable or bendable devices are coming this year. It’s only a matter of time before we see dual-screen Windows 10 laptops emerge in force, and it’s likely that the dual-screen Windows 10 devices will be running on Intel’s processor.

At Computex 2018, we already caught a glimpse of Intel Tiger Rapids, ASUS Precog and Lenovo Yoga Book 2 with the dual-screen setup that can be used in different modes including tablet and laptop. Microsoft’s next mobile device Andromeda is also said to be a foldable device with dual-screen and hinge setup.

With the Tiger Rapids prototype, Intel is laying the groundwork for the innovative devices, and it’s supposed to serve as a blueprint of sorts for the company’s hardware partners.

Intel has been working on the concept for around two years now, and Gregory Bryant, Intel’s senior vice president of client computing expect foldable displays, bendable, devices “that fit in your purse” to hit the store later this year, and it’s likely that these devices be will be running on Intel chipsets.

These new devices could be yours by the end of the year.

“You’re going to see secondary displays, you’re going to see other [ways] of interacting with that [PC] platform,” he said in an interview.

“You’ll probably see foldable displays, you’ll see things that are bendable, you’ll see things that fit in your purse. One of the most obvious things you’ll see is things that just don’t look like the traditional or legacy PC.”

We’re going to see devices with bendable and foldable displays later this year. Such devices will create a new form factor that fit the work that you’re trying to do.

It sounds too good to be true, but the reality is that the Intel Tiger Rapids is not meant as a gimmick, and the chipmaker is serious about such a project.

This new form factor might not be for everyone and it doesn’t have to be. A device with dual-screen, always-on LTE, pen support is indeed going to be a good stroke for those who want a convertible laptop or a clamshell notebook.

The post Windows 10 dual-screen laptops will probably launch this year appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 11, 2018

2. Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 12, 2018
  3. Install Windows 7 dual boot on Windows 10 laptop with GPT partition

Hi Krishna,

Really appreciate your advice! But, unfortunately, neither of your suggestions re shutdown worked for me.

In answer to your questions:

• What is the make and model of the computer? - Lenovo B570
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have already performed? - all that I can find on the internet, eg stopping quick resume, powercfg, etc etc etc
    • What exactly happens when you try to shut down the laptop? - the power button light stays on, and the fan speed increases
    • How exactly are you trying to install Windows 7? - keep Windows 10, reinstall Windows 7 in a new partition for dual boot.

Note: I only have 1 hard disk in my laptop.

Thank you and any other expert will is willing to help out!

forumnovice, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 dual-screen laptops will probably launch this year

1. Windows 10 dual-screen laptops will probably launch this year - Similar Threads - dual screen laptops

2. Blue Screen Probable Hack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen Probable Hack: Just now, MSN Homepage stopped working. So I hit Restart, but a blue screen came up saying that my pc needed to Restart. It got to 100%. This message gave a code phrase to share with some expert that would presumably appear if I'd left the pc running. AVG antivirus didn't...
  3. Blue Screen Probable Hack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen Probable Hack: Just now, MSN Homepage stopped working. So I hit Restart, but a blue screen came up saying that my pc needed to Restart. It got to 100%. This message gave a code phrase to share with some expert that would presumably appear if I'd left the pc running. AVG antivirus didn't...
  4. HP launches world 1st dual-screen gaming laptop and other innovations

in Windows 10 News
    HP launches world 1st dual-screen gaming laptop and other innovations: In our multitasking world, when you’re playing PC games, there’s a good chance you’re doing a lot of other things, too. Gaming industry insights show 82% of people use their mobile phones for messaging during gaming sessions, while 61% listen to music and 49% watch...
  5. dual screen problem with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    dual screen problem with windows 10: I facing this annoying problem. Any help is highly appreciated. My machine is a dual boot machine. I am running Windows 10 along side with Ubuntu. I am, most of the time, working on Windows and rarely switching to Ubuntu currently at least. I am running them on dual...
  6. dual screen problem with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    dual screen problem with windows 10: I facing this annoying problem. Any help is highly appreciated. My machine is a dual boot machine. I am running Windows 10 along side with Ubuntu. I am, most of the time, working on Windows and rarely switching to Ubuntu currently at least. I am running them on dual...
  7. Samsung to launch Always Connected PC with Windows 10 this year

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung to launch Always Connected PC with Windows 10 this year: It appears that Microsoft has finally managed to bring more partners on board. Samsung is launching its first Windows 10 ARM PC later this year. Qualcomm today announced Snapdragon 850 processor and it will power the next-generation Always Connected PCs, including Samsung’s....
  8. BSOD for 3 years ago "Probably caused by : GenuineIntel"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD for 3 years ago "Probably caused by : GenuineIntel": Hi I've made up my computer something like 3 years ago with windows 8 I encounter sporadic BSOD and always though it was windows issue. Always hopping that a windows update will fix it someday. I recently updated my PC to windows 10 - same behavior. I've updated the...
  9. Dual Screen Problems, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Screen Problems, Windows 10: I have recently encounter this problem , my system just won't detect my second monitor after I have reformatted it. I have researched about it and tried many methods of solving it but it just wont work. during the start up my second monitor will show the BIOS and when I reach...
  10. Connecting laptop to 2 dual screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Connecting laptop to 2 dual screen: I have a dell xps laptop bought a dual screen dell monitor unfortunately my laptop don't have vga port so I bought dualhead2go analog converter tried many times to connect it doesn't show up its detected what can I do 22315