Windows 10: Windows 10 Duplicate User on sign-in page

Discus and support Windows 10 Duplicate User on sign-in page in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; There is already an article with this subject but it says updated 18 July 2018 but all the articles are dated 2015. My question therefore is - is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by IanKirk2, Jul 22, 2018.

1. IanKirk2 Win User

Windows 10 Duplicate User on sign-in page

There is already an article with this subject but it says updated 18 July 2018 but all the articles are dated 2015.

My question therefore is - is there any later information as all the suggestions I've read don't work.

:)

IanKirk2, Jul 22, 2018

2. Duplicate user on sign in page

Hi Andre,

Thanks for your response, I followed your instructions, but there are no duplicate accounts there, and the box is already unchecked.

Dan5384682345934, Jul 22, 2018
  3. TheTruth1 Win User
    Duplicate user at Sign-In screen Windows 10

I have an issue around a duplicate user on the sign-in page of windows 10. I have check the users and groups in this machine and there is only 1 user but when I restart my PC, the machine automatically tries to log into this duplicate account but the password
    does not match. This has only just began today and the only thing I have changed is my PC name. Any help is appreciated.

TheTruth1, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Duplicate User on sign-in page

Duplicate user on sign in page

Press Windows key + R

Type: control userpasswords2

Hit Enter

If you see the duplicate account there, select it then click Remove.

If not, you can still configure Windows to auto-sign in.

Press Windows key + R

Type: control userpasswords2

Hit Enter

Uncheck 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer'

Click Apply then OK.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Duplicate User on sign-in page

1. Windows 10 Duplicate User on sign-in page - Similar Threads - Duplicate User sign

2. DUPLICATE USER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DUPLICATE USER: I have a second user in my Windows 11 account. It is the reverse of my given name and surname, with a period between. I did not create this user account. It requires a password and I do not know that password....
  3. DUPLICATE USER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DUPLICATE USER: I have a second user in my Windows 11 account. It is the reverse of my given name and surname, with a period between. I did not create this user account. It requires a password and I do not know that password....
  4. How to get rid of duplicate user on Windows Sign in page?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of duplicate user on Windows Sign in page?: Anytime I boot up my pc, a user that is a duplicate of mine appears, just without the profile picture. Now when I try to log in to this user, it just brings me to my user account. I want to get rid of this since it's getting annoying now. When I check the users on my PC, it...
  5. How to get rid of duplicate user on Windows Sign in page?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of duplicate user on Windows Sign in page?: Anytime I boot up my pc, a user that is a duplicate of mine appears, just without the profile picture. Now when I try to log in to this user, it just brings me to my user account. I want to get rid of this since it's getting annoying now. When I check the users on my PC, it...
  6. Duplicate Sign-Ins, Single User

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate Sign-Ins, Single User: Hello all, On start, the sign-in screen has error message saying the password is wrong. This sign-in is using an icon with my username. If I type in my windows password, it works normally. However, there is another option to sign-in using my image and the same username....
  7. Remove users from Windows 10 sign-in page

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove users from Windows 10 sign-in page: Hi, I have removed the users from my Windows 10 but I still see their account names in the bottom left corner of the Win 10 sign-in page. How can I get rid of these? Thanks!...
  8. Windows 10 duplicate User login

Windows 10 duplicate User login: I recently bought an Asus laptop for my wife and didn't realize that they now come with automatic face recognition so when it installed Windows it took a picture of my face and kept going. After it was setup I looked up the instructions to change the face photo and sat my...
  9. Windows 10 Duplicate Accounts on Sign-IN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Duplicate Accounts on Sign-IN: When I turn on my computer and the sign in page comes up I have 2 different duplicate users a total of 4 to pick from. The files are the same in the duplicates under the same name. How can I get rid of these? When I go in to Control Panel and User Accounts, the duplicates...
  10. Deleted User Still on Sign-on Page

Deleted User Still on Sign-on Page: I'm cleaning a laptop for re-sale. 1. Added a new user called Admin_ID (with admin privilege) 2. Deleted my OLD_ID (which had admin privilege) - chose the "delete all files" option 3. Deleted remnants in C:\USERS\OLD_ID 4. Re-booted When I get to the sign-on screen, it...