Windows 10: Windows 10 ''eat'' my resources

Discus and support Windows 10 ''eat'' my resources in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I have a Dell Inspiron 5567 cu procesor Intel® Core™ i5-7200U 2.50 GHz, Kaby Lake™, 15.6", Full HD, 8GB, 256GB SSD, DVD-RW, AMD Radeon™ R7 M445... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zozonexi, Nov 14, 2017.

1. zozonexi Win User

Windows 10 ''eat'' my resources

Hello! I have a Dell Inspiron 5567 cu procesor Intel® Core™ i5-7200U 2.50 GHz, Kaby Lake™, 15.6", Full HD, 8GB, 256GB SSD, DVD-RW, AMD Radeon™ R7 M445 4GB, and when i make some updates for windows, fan starts to work and never stop. Its normal ? There is some processes on Windows 10 which ''eat'' my CPU or RAM ? I want to stop these kind of processes. Ever since i updated my laptop to windows 10, the fan has been running on full speed and i am not running anything intensive (just firefox),

:)

zozonexi, Nov 14, 2017

2. Runtime Broker constantly eating up resources and thus resulting overheating and increased fan speed

After installing the upgrade of Windows 10 i noticed that the process named "Runtime Broker" is constantly running and constantly eating up my CPU Cycles and other resources.

This process is eating nearly 30 % of my CPU Cycles thus resulting in overheating and increased fan speed.

Kindly provide me with the solution to this issue.

Thanks

TanmayGupta, Nov 14, 2017
  3. What is cwklnabsvc.exe?

I can't find anything on it and it's eating up my system resources.

Aline B_328, Nov 14, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, please post a screenshot of your task manager, organising any columns of interest high to low by clicking on the relevant column tab. Repeat for different columns if useful.
    To post a screenshot please use the Insert Image icon above your post to the left of the video icon. Thanks.

Then do a clean boot
    Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts[/U][/URL]
    (part 1) and repeat the above.

What is your Windows build? Windows key + R, winver

When idle, your disk and CPU usage should be 0 and minimal normally.

- could you clarify to which updates you are referring?

Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 14, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    And your task manager please (as above?)

Without being able to see which processes are active, it's impossible to comment usefully.

dalchina, Nov 14, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    That looks fine..? Are your fans still running, or is it only when updating you have a problem?

dalchina, Nov 14, 2017
  7. zozonexi Win User
    When updating, and the fan is working in silent mode, but not loud and not stop. Its is just working always but not loud. Im wondering if i disable my integrated video card and stay only on my dedicated video card.

zozonexi, Nov 14, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

There's a fair amount of processing involve in updating... unless you think there's a temperature problem or any other evidence of your PC not being able to cope with a workload, I doubt there's anything wrong.

Feel free to capture another screenshot when you do hear the fans running harder, and check your CPUs temperature.

It's not an old PC so you probably haven't got a lot of dirt around your fan.

dalchina, Nov 14, 2017
  9. swarfega Win User
    Firefox is using an unusual amount of memory. How many tabs did you have open and how many addons are you using?

swarfega, Nov 14, 2017
  10. zozonexi Win User
    6-7 tabs open on Firefox. And 8 addons im using.

zozonexi, Nov 14, 2017
  11. zozonexi Win User
    There is a version of Windows 10 which works without ''eat'' resources ?

zozonexi, Nov 14, 2017
  12. dalchina New Member
    At present you don't seem to have given any evidence that demonstrates this. What specifically prompts you to say this from what you've posted above? Have we missed something?

dalchina, Nov 14, 2017
  13. topgundcp Win User

• Don't know if @dalchina mentioned about turning off "Customer Experience...." from Scheduler ?
    • If you run Windows with SSD, disable "Superfetch" from Services. This service is also known to eat up CPU @100%.
      Delete everything under: C:\Windows\Prefetch
    • From Start Menu, Right click on Apps and disable "Live Tile"
    • Temporarily disable "Windows Search" from Services.
    • Delete all restore points then re-create a new one.

topgundcp, Nov 14, 2017
  14. dalchina New Member
    And you can alter these settings to suit (related to updates, which you mention):

Windows 10 ''eat'' my resources [​IMG]

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 ''eat'' my resources - Similar Threads - ''eat'' resources

2. Service Host: Inventory and Compatibility Appraisal Service is eating up all the available...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Inventory and Compatibility Appraisal Service is eating up all the available...: After updating my Windows11 a few days ago, the Service Host: Inventory and Compatibility Appraisal Service starts eating up all the available memory. It slowly uses more and more memory until it reaches 99% at which point browsers and other programs cannot function anymore...
  3. Service Host: Inventory and Compatibility Appraisal Service is eating up all the available...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host: Inventory and Compatibility Appraisal Service is eating up all the available...: After updating my Windows11 a few days ago, the Service Host: Inventory and Compatibility Appraisal Service starts eating up all the available memory. It slowly uses more and more memory until it reaches 99% at which point browsers and other programs cannot function anymore...
  4. Antimalware Service Executable eating memory and disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service Executable eating memory and disk: upgraded from windows 10 to 11 on Dell 3670 and having memory and disk issues. was better for a little while but getting worse. any direction appreciated. thanks, bob...
  5. Antimalware Service Executable eating memory and disk

Antimalware Service Executable eating memory and disk: upgraded from windows 10 to 11 on Dell 3670 and having memory and disk issues. was better for a little while but getting worse. any direction appreciated. thanks, bob...
  6. Antimalware Service eating up resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antimalware Service eating up resources: So, I've just sorted out an issue with updates that was bugging me for 3 weeks:Quality Update 21H1 fails with error 0x800f0905 and starts over every - Microsoft CommunityJust about got my machine to a stage where it had started behaving itself and allowing me to work. Today...
  7. Antimalware Service eating up resources

Antimalware Service eating up resources: So, I've just sorted out an issue with updates that was bugging me for 3 weeks:Quality Update 21H1 fails with error 0x800f0905 and starts over every - Microsoft CommunityJust about got my machine to a stage where it had started behaving itself and allowing me to work. Today...
  8. Antimalware Service eating up resources

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Why is my Antimalware Service eating so much resources? Sometimes it goes to even 1000mb+/s.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my Antimalware Service eating so much resources? Sometimes it goes to even 1000mb+/s.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CptGoingViral [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghxm0m/why_is_my_antimalware_service_eating_so_much/
  10. Antimalware Service Executable and SysMain are eating up lot of resource

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antimalware Service Executable and SysMain are eating up lot of resource: Antimalware Service Executable and SysMain are eating up lot of resources. How can I fix the issue? Sometimes my computer uses 100 percent of disk because of this 2 tasks when nothing is running. It is making my computer slow. [ATTACH] [IMG]...