Windows 10: Windows 10 - Edge browser corruption after drag

Discus and support Windows 10 - Edge browser corruption after drag in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; [img] This happens with the Edge browser when I try to enlarge the window by dragging. This has happened for as long as I can remember. I have had... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by castingflame, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Windows 10 - Edge browser corruption after drag

Windows 10 - Edge browser corruption after drag [​IMG]

This happens with the Edge browser when I try to enlarge the window by dragging. This has happened for as long as I can remember. I have had windows 10 from Beta and through all updates and it has happened with Edge as long as I can remember.

My graphics drivers are always up to date .

Windows 10 ver 1709 (OS Build 16299.611)
    Nvidia GTX 1070 - Game Ready driver 399.07 Date: 08/27/2018

Thanks for any help.

:)

castingflame, Sep 2, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Sep 2, 2018
  3. Cannot Drag and Drop into Edge

• I have been on Win 10 and Edge since June 2016.
    • I was able to drag and drop files in a SP2013 document library until today.
    • I tried it with OneDrive with the same result. I can no longer drag and drop to upload files.

Repeat: Drag and drop worked in my SharePoint 2013 libraries and OneDrive until today.

Was there a recent Win 10 or Edge update that may have broken drag and drop?

Len Gilbert BOTW, Sep 2, 2018
  4. fryte Win User

Windows 10 - Edge browser corruption after drag

Cannot Drag and Drop into Edge

Some of the copy-and-pasted responses across this website from Microsoft Support are an embarrassment. The lack of drag and drop has nothing to do with corrupted system files, and the resolution steps posted by the Support Engineer will waste customers'
    time sending them on a wild goose chase. For now, Microsoft Edge simply does not support drag and drop (!) - see
    here,

here
    or
    here

Update: I've found a statement from Microsoft: "Fixes
    for this issue are being treated with top priority and are in development to ship in a future update. We'll provide updates on the timeline as we know more."

fryte, Sep 2, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Edge browser corruption after drag

1. Windows 10 - Edge browser corruption after drag - Similar Threads - Edge browser corruption

2. Drag & dropping links into browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drag & dropping links into browser: not sure what category this falls under.I prefer to use in private browsing in all of my browsers edge, chrome. I used to be able to drag & drop the links from the MSN news bar into my browsers so I can view "in private" but now it's no longer working. Any suggestions? Drag &...
  3. Edge browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge browser: In comparison with other browsers like chrome, firefox...your browser is very very slow. Interestingly its fine on android but on pcs literally testing patience. Tested clearing browsing history....still no luck. Why should I use it at all...
  4. Edge browser is in windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge browser is in windows 10 not working: Edge browser is in windows 10 is not working after recent windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-is-in-windows-10-not-working/228ef603-8de5-4820-a485-7ce200b458a5
  5. Windows 10 info on the Edge Browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 info on the Edge Browser: The Edge Browser is full of storylines and Gossip . But how about more Info for Windows 10 users. IE . How to deal with Faulty Updates like KB4512941. I had to try the various suggestions of our Moderators until I found one that worked. Meanwhile another OS That remains...
  6. Drag from browser to Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Drag from browser to Windows Explorer: When I select in the Address Bar of a browser (Microsoft Edge or Mozilla Firefox) the icon in front of te site entered and drag it to an open window in de windows explorer I get a schortcut to that site in that window. Now all of a sudden I get a forbidden sign (crossed...
  7. Edge browser Corruption

in Browsers and Email
    Edge browser Corruption: Looks like another deferral is in order *Rolleyes Thanks for everything.
  8. Windows Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Edge Browser: When Windows Edge browser starts up, the start page weather is not correct for my area. How do change the location? Thanks, 18423
  9. Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser: How do I download & install the Edge Browser? 5765
  10. Microsoft Edge is the browser for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge is the browser for Windows 10: This morning, Joe Belfiore took to the stage at Build 2015 to share more about the next chapter in our story for Windows 10, including revealing more about “Project Spartan,” our new default browser for Windows. We’re excited to share Joe’s announcement that Project...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge favourite drag and drop corruption