Windows 10: Windows 10 Edge problem

Discus and support Windows 10 Edge problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I open Edge it opens to a blank start page & usually below I see weather time etc & customize & now I cant see anything. I went to Microsoft site... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DrSysop, May 16, 2016.

1. DrSysop Win User

Windows 10 Edge problem

When I open Edge it opens to a blank start page & usually below I see weather time etc & customize & now I cant see anything. I went to Microsoft site & did everything it says. I also noticed browser slow also & not displaying many things on sites. I did a Internet Explorer reset also but that Browser works fine. I am using Google Chrome now & no issues but can't seem to get Edge working right. Also in Edge if I go to settings i cant clear browsing data.

This Below form Microsoft Site:

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I know how this concerns you and I’ll help you out with this issue.

Let’s run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Windows App troubleshooter.

Let’s run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Didn't work says no issues ..

Method 2: Reset the Microsoft Edge

I would suggest you to Reset the Microsoft Edge and see if it helps.
    Note: Resetting the Microsoft edge will remove your bookmarks and History.
    Follow the instruction provided below and check.
    a. Navigate to the following location:
    C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe b. Delete everything in this folder.
    c. Now press Windows key and type Windows Powershell in search box.
    d. Right click on Windows Powershell and select Run as administrator.
    e. Copy and paste the following command.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" –Verbose}
    Disclaimer: The Reset Edge Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Edge Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Edge Settings feature. Resetting Edge isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

To back up favorites in the edge follow the steps below:

1. Open File Explorer, copy and paste the folder location below in the address bar, and press Enter.
    %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default
    2. Copy the Favorites folder to a place where you like to save your backup.

Did that also & still same no dice! *Mad

:)

DrSysop, May 16, 2016

2. Windows 10 login problem

Hi. I installed windows 10 on my friends computer, and his computer has a problem with overheating, so when I wanted to type his account details, the computer shut down. Then when I reopened it, is displays "Other User" and under are two columns, where
    it says to type the email and the password. I tried three different accounts and it says that the password is incorrect. Please, help!

Windows 10 login problem, May 16, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Problem

After I updated Windows 10 today as I was instructed, I can no longer get on the internet. My wifi no longer shows up to click on it. It was working fine until I allowed the install. I have tried restarting the HP Spectre x 369 laptop and the router,
    but this has not helped. (I am using a borrowed Apple computer to search for a solution.) I need help to get back online. Can anyone help or tell me who I might contact for help?

Problem with 10, May 16, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Edge problem

1. Windows 10 Edge problem - Similar Threads - Edge problem

2. Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?: I do extensive web browsing. Typically I look up specifications, parts lists, locating software for various HP systems. Sometimes after two days or maybe after two week I have to clear cookies as my lookups change language. I can click on the same URL 2 or 3 times and either...
  3. Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome and Edge changing languages and bringing up the wrong web pages: Cookie limit problem?: I do extensive web browsing. Typically I look up specifications, parts lists, locating software for various HP systems. Sometimes after two days or maybe after two week I have to clear cookies as my lookups change language. I can click on the same URL 2 or 3 times and either...
  4. Problem: host process for windows services 17, microsoft edge, microsoft edge update2 after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem: host process for windows services 17, microsoft edge, microsoft edge update2 after...: windows reports many bugs after complete reset and newinstallation via iso on usbstick.wjhat happen and how can i fix it? i am amateur. please explain me step by step.Quelle Host Process for Windows Services Zusammenfassung StoreAgentSearchUpdatePackagesFailure1 Datum...
  5. Problem: host process for windows services 17, microsoft edge, microsoft edge update2 after...

Problem: host process for windows services 17, microsoft edge, microsoft edge update2 after...: windows reports many bugs after complete reset and newinstallation via iso on usbstick.wjhat happen and how can i fix it? i am amateur. please explain me step by step.Quelle Host Process for Windows Services Zusammenfassung StoreAgentSearchUpdatePackagesFailure1 Datum...
  6. Edge WebView2 installation problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge WebView2 installation problem.: I was trying to use an app from the Microsoft Store, the day before I uninstalled edge by going to C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft and deleting every edge related folder. After that the app I was trying to open started malfunctioning and showed an error which said "To use this...
  7. Edge WebView2 installation problem.

Edge WebView2 installation problem.: I was trying to use an app from the Microsoft Store, the day before I uninstalled edge by going to C:\Program Files x86\Microsoft and deleting every edge related folder. After that the app I was trying to open started malfunctioning and showed an error which said "To use this...
  8. Edge WebView2 installation problem.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD: Hi - I'm having trouble with Windows 10, after cloning the OS from a 240GB SSD to a larger 1TB SSD.I have performed the cloning process twice now, with 2 completely different cloning apps first Macrium Reflect, then DiskGenius, and each time the result is exactly the...
  10. Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD

Problems with Edge and File Explorer, after cloning Window 10 on to a larger SSD: Hi - I'm having trouble with Windows 10, after cloning the OS from a 240GB SSD to a larger 1TB SSD.I have performed the cloning process twice now, with 2 completely different cloning apps first Macrium Reflect, then DiskGenius, and each time the result is exactly the...