Windows 10: Windows 10 Edge "Web Search Bar" is new and I want to disable

Discus and support Windows 10 Edge "Web Search Bar" is new and I want to disable in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, I use Edge and I guess I just had a new update on my computer. I now have 2 internet search tabs showing up. The normal Edge "search or enter... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by boz23727, Sep 15, 2017.

1. boz23727 Win User

Windows 10 Edge "Web Search Bar" is new and I want to disable

Hello,

I use Edge and I guess I just had a new update on my computer. I now have 2 internet search tabs showing up. The normal Edge "search or enter web address" is what I use and like. Now, I have a new "search the web : web search" bar below it and it covers about 1/2 of my popular websites. Please tell me how to get rid of the new "search the web bar." Thank you so much.

:)

boz23727, Sep 15, 2017

2. Cortana No longer works correctly

My new Windows 10 system has never had a "My Stuff" option, it shows only "Web" in the Cortana / search bar. I have indexing turned on and my computer is fully indexed - but there is no way to efficiently search for files on my computer. I disabled Cortana
    and web search to eliminate the flood of irrelevant information from Bing and still don't have a My Stuff" option displayed. I've had to turn to third party software for the basic search function. How do I get a simple local file search to work with the search
    bar? I did just discover the"Document" icon and the "More" option at the top. Is it necessary to click on them to enable a simple local search?

DouglasQuine, Sep 15, 2017
  3. "Search the web and Windows" is disabled with the current configuration on my laptop

The current configuration that Windows 10 or I have inadvertently installed on my laptop has disabled "Search the web Windows." The only way I can search the web is through the google icon which has Microsoft Edge while Internet Explorer best serves my
    needs. Can someone please help me restore the "Search the web and Windows" function. Thanks in advance

deltorious, Sep 15, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

5. Bree New Member
  6. PDKlassen Win User
    Just now this morning started seeing this. At first thought it was malware. Cuts off half the top site information.

PDKlassen, Sep 15, 2017
  7. boz23727 Win User
    Hello @Bree......Thank you for your post. I let it ride out the weekend before addressing it and it has been corrected. I want to say that you are awesome in replying so fast and taking the time to post. Have a happy week!!

boz23727, Sep 17, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Yes, seems Microsoft have done something to address this. The fix (whatever it was) seems to have made the search box temporarily disappear for some of us (me included) if you use another search engine instead of Bing but it's easy to make it return. See this post for more on that.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Edge "Web Search Bar" is new and I want to disable - Similar Threads - Edge Web Search

2. Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web search are not showing in the task Bar Search windows 10: Primarily in the beginning when i type anything other than the existing files i.e non existing file. It used to give me bing suggestions and then would redirect me to the edge website when clicked on the web suggestion. But now the web suggestions are not shown. How to...
  3. disable web suggestions for windows 10 search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    disable web suggestions for windows 10 search: hello. i am frusterated at the fact that whenever i type in the search bar i get web results in addition to computer results. I don't want web results at all. I have looked into the solutions provided on other forums, but they all seem to be out of date, as the most recent...
  4. How do I disable web results on bottom search bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable web results on bottom search bar?: I want the bottom search bar to search my computer. If I wanted web results I’d google it. How do I fix this “feature” [bug] submitted by /u/Jim_from_snowy_river [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows 10 Search bar not connecting to the web

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search bar not connecting to the web: The windows 10 search bar used to search my computer contents as well as the web. Now it will only search for what is in my computer, not the web. Has anyone else experienced this. Windows version 1903 is installed and operating fine otherwise. Cortona is working okay....
  6. How to I disable web search in the task bar search box in May 2020 Windows 10?

in Cortana
    How to I disable web search in the task bar search box in May 2020 Windows 10?: How to I disable web search in the task bar search box in May 2020 Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-disable-web-search-in-the-task-bar-search/70c15b4d-bed8-4bc6-877c-17ffd648dd9b
  7. How can I disable web suggestions in Search bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I disable web suggestions in Search bar?: Hi, There is a little window in the bottom left corner of my screen in Windows 10 that says "Type here to search". When I click on it and start typing (wanting to search for something on my computer), along with things on my computer, I am also shown things on the internet....
  8. Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10: Does anybody know how to disable the web search capability of file explorer? Sometimes when I mistype something into the address bar of File Explorer, it will take whatever I typed in and search the term for bing (assuming whatever I typed isn't a path or a program). Does...
  9. Search the web and Windows bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search the web and Windows bar: Hello, Windows 10 just did an update and now there is this little search bar in the corner, and I don't want there as it uses Internet Explorer and will never use it. How do I get rid, I've right clicked and unticked all the ticked things but it won't go away. Also was...
  10. disable web search

in Windows 10 Support
    disable web search: On the start menu I do not like that 10 is searching the web for results. I've found the entries in group policy as shown below but that doesn't work.*Mad How do I disable web search from the start menu. Disable web results in Windows 10 search - Microsoft Beta - Neowin...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge web search bar

2. disable search bar windows 10 edge

3. win 10 edge new web search bar