Windows 10: Windows 10 Edge will not open

Discus and support Windows 10 Edge will not open in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Well, I bought this new pc in april, windows 10 home, ver 1511, build 10586.494. I have a lot of problems with it. Today it started with edge, it wont... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Crochet02, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Crochet02 Win User

Windows 10 Edge will not open

Well, I bought this new pc in april, windows 10 home, ver 1511, build 10586.494. I have a lot of problems with it. Today it started with edge, it wont open, it has worked fine since april, now no. I get a message saying This App Cant Open: MS Edge cant be open using the built in administrator account, sign in with a different account- well, there is no other account, I am the only one and the one admin on this new pc. If I did not have ie11, I wouldn't be able to get on to the net.

I have done the sfc /scannow and found nothing. Please, tell me there is a way to fix this, please .

:)

Crochet02, Jul 24, 2016

2. Edge for Windows 10 will not open

thanks can only try,

douglas barber, Jul 24, 2016
  3. TFORD61 Win User
    Edge for Windows 10 will not open

Microsoft have caused this problem with Microsoft Edge yet you expect your users to solve the problem. You supply the programs, we pay for them, you sort them. Easy solution - use Google Chrome, it doesn't seem to be affected.

TFORD61, Jul 24, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Please type the following command into a command prompt (right click on the start button to access this):

wmic useraccount list full

Please copy the resulting information into a reply so that we can see how your accounts have been setup.

Thanks

philc43, Jul 24, 2016
  5. Crochet02 Win User
    see if I can copy and paste it here-It wont let me copy and paste it here in the thread, is there another way to get this to you to see it, crochet

Crochet02, Aug 1, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    Ctrl+C copies selected text and Ctrl+V pastes it.

philc43, Aug 3, 2016
  7. Crochet02 Win User
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
    (c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>wmic useraccount list full

AccountType=512
    Description=Built-in account for administering the computer/domain
    Disabled=TRUE
    Domain=DESKTOP-KHA42OJ
    FullName=
    InstallDate=
    LocalAccount=TRUE
    Lockout=FALSE
    Name=Administrator
    PasswordChangeable=TRUE
    PasswordExpires=FALSE
    PasswordRequired=FALSE
    SID=S-1-5-21-3386522298-153857599-4175890989-500
    SIDType=1
    Status=Degraded

AccountType=512
    Description=A user account managed by the system.
    Disabled=TRUE
    Domain=DESKTOP-KHA42OJ
    FullName=
    InstallDate=
    LocalAccount=TRUE
    Lockout=FALSE
    Name=DefaultAccount
    PasswordChangeable=TRUE
    PasswordExpires=FALSE
    PasswordRequired=FALSE
    SID=S-1-5-21-3386522298-153857599-4175890989-503
    SIDType=1
    Status=Degraded

AccountType=512
    Description=Built-in account for guest access to the computer/domain
    Disabled=TRUE
    Domain=DESKTOP-KHA42OJ
    FullName=
    InstallDate=
    LocalAccount=TRUE
    Lockout=FALSE
    Name=Guest
    PasswordChangeable=FALSE
    PasswordExpires=FALSE
    PasswordRequired=FALSE
    SID=S-1-5-21-3386522298-153857599-4175890989-501
    SIDType=1
    Status=Degraded

AccountType=512
    Description=Built-in account for homegroup access to the computer
    Disabled=FALSE
    Domain=DESKTOP-KHA42OJ
    FullName=HomeGroupUser$
    InstallDate=
    LocalAccount=TRUE
    Lockout=FALSE
    Name=HomeGroupUser$
    PasswordChangeable=TRUE
    PasswordExpires=FALSE
    PasswordRequired=TRUE
    SID=S-1-5-21-3386522298-153857599-4175890989-1004
    SIDType=1
    Status=OK

AccountType=512
    Description=
    Disabled=FALSE
    Domain=DESKTOP-KHA42OJ
    FullName=julie virzi
    InstallDate=
    LocalAccount=TRUE
    Lockout=FALSE
    Name=rattr
    PasswordChangeable=TRUE
    PasswordExpires=FALSE
    PasswordRequired=TRUE
    SID=S-1-5-21-3386522298-153857599-4175890989-1001
    SIDType=1
    Status=OK

I have been having a lot of problems, windows crashed so I had to reinstall windows 10, I am still locked out of edge, some of my sites I go to will only use edge to get into.

Crochet02, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Edge will not open - Similar Threads - Edge open

2. Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.: How do i make all links shared in apps open Edge again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-from-discord-and-facebook-messenger-open/55c31bf6-e32a-4788-a767-0a741f403e66
  3. Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Links from discord and facebook messenger open opera not edge. Edge is my default browser.: How do i make all links shared in apps open Edge again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-from-discord-and-facebook-messenger-open/55c31bf6-e32a-4788-a767-0a741f403e66
  4. Need to manually launch ClickOnce in order to open .Application files in Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to manually launch ClickOnce in order to open .Application files in Edge: Hi,For the last week and a half, users in our org have sporadically started encountering issues with launching Deltek Vision, an application we access with a shortcut that opens as a .Application in Edge via ClickOnce. The prompt to open the file will appear in Edge but...
  5. Need to manually launch ClickOnce in order to open .Application files in Edge

Need to manually launch ClickOnce in order to open .Application files in Edge: Hi,For the last week and a half, users in our org have sporadically started encountering issues with launching Deltek Vision, an application we access with a shortcut that opens as a .Application in Edge via ClickOnce. The prompt to open the file will appear in Edge but...
  6. Edge freezes windows explorer every time it's opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge freezes windows explorer every time it's opened: Every time I open edge it won't take more than a few minutes before it freezes windows explorer and I have to restart it every single time!I've done everything I disabled the graphic acceleration, I disabled all the bad features, I scanned for malwares but no nothing is...
  7. Edge freezes windows explorer every time it's opened

Edge freezes windows explorer every time it's opened: Every time I open edge it won't take more than a few minutes before it freezes windows explorer and I have to restart it every single time!I've done everything I disabled the graphic acceleration, I disabled all the bad features, I scanned for malwares but no nothing is...
  8. Edge freezes windows explorer every time it's opened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Sihost is attempting to open ms edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sihost is attempting to open ms edge: Hello! I have a question! Sihost is attempting to open ms edge at startup and when I go to apps in the settings. I don't know why because I blocked it since I didn't trust it So I just get a ms edge error popup. I'm wondering why sihost is trying to open it. Im on Windows 10...
  10. Sihost is attempting to open ms edge

Sihost is attempting to open ms edge: Hello! I have a question! Sihost is attempting to open ms edge at startup and when I go to apps in the settings. I don't know why because I blocked it since I didn't trust it So I just get a ms edge error popup. I'm wondering why sihost is trying to open it. Im on Windows 10...