Windows 10: Windows 10 Education "Better" than Professional?

Discus and support Windows 10 Education "Better" than Professional? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm about to have my new PC in the next couple of days. I plan to get Windows 10 and originally intended to have the Professional version. However due... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rain08, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Rain08 Win User

Windows 10 Education "Better" than Professional?

I'm about to have my new PC in the next couple of days. I plan to get Windows 10 and originally intended to have the Professional version. However due to my mistakes/newness to W10 versions two years ago, I somehow chose to get the Education in Dream Spark (MS Imagine now).

Upon checking the difference between the two, apparently there are more features on the Education (tied to Enterprise levels). The use of my new PC is just for content creation, gaming and the general computer stuff. This version for Windows should be okay for me?

Another question is that since the Education version is a volume license key, what would that mean for me? There shouldn't be any problems with it even after I got out of school?

On a side note, this is the reason why I made a thread a couple of days ago regarding the move to W10. It's because I thought at the time and a couple of days ago that the Education version has less features (or somewhat equivalent to Home level of features) until I did my research.
    Moving Windows Install to New PC (W7 to W10) - Windows 10 Forums

:)

Rain08, Dec 10, 2017

2. Iphone "better" than any Nokia?

well maybe your better of staying on apple forums then, nokia have the best reputation ,you can install and use more apps on a nokia smartphone and there is not many limitations ,look at the 1st iphone that came out they made a bags of it and only now its
    become ok ,wait to see what nokia have to offer in the near future that will blow apple away,not that nokia is already,

apple fans are apple fans, same as nokia fans, and i no even some nokia champions here use apple we all have our opinion but we dont cross over forums voiceing opinions like this, in saying that your entitled to your opinion so are us nokia fans.

techbuzzireland, Dec 10, 2017
  3. appl1 Win User
    Iphone "better" than any Nokia?

I am comletly agree with you. To use Iphone "professional", there is is a way to go.... Biggest problem for me is the lack of use Iphone as a USB device. The problem with apple store and that they must approved all apps can easely be solved by jailbraking
    Iphone and use other "suppliers" of programs. But the ease of use can nobody deny when it comes to Iphone. Steve Jobs have done a great job for the ordinary analphabets and the "technical" analphabets. I owned one of the first windows mobile telephones. I
    remember the first time I turned on, the start page on the telephone was the telephone number to support. The manual as big as a bible, lot of bugs and many crashes. But after a while I get it function. And you have full "control" with a wm telephone (or maybe
    we should call it as it is, a small windows computer).

As it comes to Nokia, It makes me remember back to Nokias "golden days". Back to the seventies. I owned a "portable" ( 3 - 4 kg.) Nokia mobile. I still have it, and yesterday I charget it (after Nokias charging problems I want to check). Well, the telehones
    battery ( I think it is a led battery) is now fully charged, and it looks like everything is function! Another story from Nokias "golden days". My daughters first mobile telephone was a Nokia. After about 2 years, the telephone was hide in a pocket in her
    shirt, and ended in the washmachine! It was washed at 40 degres, with soap for about 45 minutes. The telephone was turned on when it was washed. I dismantled it completely, rinse it in water and dried it for a couple of days, and everything functioned (even
    the camera). I was conserned for the battery, but it is still working! So can anybody tell me where Nokias "golden days" has gone. My new N97 lasted one week....:smileysad:

appl1, Dec 10, 2017
  4. Windows 10 Education "Better" than Professional?

Compare Windows 10 Editions

I ran Education for a while but ran into this issue, *Some settings are hidden or managed by your company Please let me know if it happens to you too.
    Volume License isn't a one time activation. Activation is rechecked over and over again every so may days. To activate your PC has to connect to a KMS server. That would be setup by the school. They can turn off activation at any they want, and "may" do so when your studies are finished and you leave. I have no first hand experience with that myself, just telling you what little I know about VL KMS activation. Are you sure its a VL key? I ask because mine are Retail via my Visual Studio Subscription (MSDN). My installs all got Digital Licences which are good for the life of the device, as they say.

alphanumeric, Dec 10, 2017
  5. Rain08 Win User
    I'm not sure if it is. I just assumed it is VLK after getting a quick glimpse at Wikipedia. Is there any way to know if it is?

Rain08, Dec 10, 2017
  6. lx07 Win User
    Run slmgr /dlv from cmd window.

You will see here if it is retail or volume.

Windows 10 Education "Better" than Professional? [​IMG]

Windows 10 Education "Better" than Professional? [​IMG]

You can post it if you are not sure - none of the information is private.

7. Go over the info you have about your purchase/contract or what ever it is. If there is a contact link try that and ask. Or just wait until you get it and do what's posted above.

I do believe if you go to Settings > Update & security > Activation

If it's KMS it will say activated with a key via your companies activation server. Something like that, I've forgotten the exact wording.

If its activated via a product code it should say activated with a Digital License. In the past it would just say "activated with a product code" but now all PC's (except VL) get a Digital Entitlement.

8. Rain08 Win User

I got the key via OnTheHub and their method of contacting is kinda difficult. You fill out a form and hope that they reply. I have sent an email sometime ago and two more in the past few days and none of them got a reply. I tried to search for what the key really is but there's nothing. Only the transaction details, instructions on what to do, the product key and pretty much that's it.

Looks like I have to install it first to really see what it is.

Assuming that this is a retail key, there shouldn't be any other problems? Does the hidden settings by company affect both versions or just the VLK?

Rain08, Dec 10, 2017
  9. You can input it into Superfly's showkey, ShowKeyPlus The check product key option, if its Retail it should tell you.

10. Rain08 Win User
    It says:
    Win 10 RTM Education Retail
    EULA Type: Retail

I suppose there won't be any more problems?

Rain08, Dec 10, 2017
  11. lx07 Win User
    Shouldn't be but wait for @alphanumeric as he had some issues with Education having "some things are controlled by your organization" with Education (I never used it).

Perhaps you can post a screenshot of slmgr /dlv (you can show all details or ShowKeyPlus (Press the button to hide your key first).

12. I would say that confirms its Retail. You'll get a Digital License when you first activate it. No worries about activation timing out.

13. Windows 10 Education "Better" than Professional?

My some settings issue was more of an annoyance than anything else. The ones greyed out were turned off and not anything that impacts your use. Mostly displaying tips etc, if I remember correctly. The ones affected should be listed in my first post in that thread.

14. Rain08 Win User
    I can only do that once I get the new PC which should be here by Thursday or Friday. I'll just make a new thread if there are any concerns regarding the activation key.

Thanks for the help. I should just create a new thread if there are other concerns.

I'll consider this thread as solved.

Rain08, Dec 10, 2017
  15. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe that all "MAK" are Retail.
    All "MAK" have to go by the same EULA.

Here is what Microsoft says.

Usage guidelines | Imagine

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 10, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Education "Better" than Professional? - Similar Threads - Education Better Professional

2. Windows 10 better than Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 better than Windows 11.: I want you to give more features from Windows 10 to Windows 11**** moved from german to english Community **** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-better-than-windows-11/b0ba815c-00e4-419f-bc43-c9c715409911
  3. Windows 10 better than Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 better than Windows 11.: I want you to give more features from Windows 10 to Windows 11**** moved from german to english Community **** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-better-than-windows-11/b0ba815c-00e4-419f-bc43-c9c715409911
  4. is Windows 10 better than 11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is Windows 10 better than 11 ?: I have read that the percentage of windows 10 users that have switched to 11 is very small. Why is this ? I made the switch and every time there is an update to 11 I get problems like being unable to get back on the internet. I see no benefit in 11 and much preferred the...
  5. is Windows 10 better than 11 ?

is Windows 10 better than 11 ?: I have read that the percentage of windows 10 users that have switched to 11 is very small. Why is this ? I made the switch and every time there is an update to 11 I get problems like being unable to get back on the internet. I see no benefit in 11 and much preferred the...
  6. Windows 10 Professional Education

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Professional Education: Recently purchased an E-book laptop for a grandchild. The OS is WIN10 Professional Education. Does it function like standard Windows 10? What are the limitations of this OS? What types of apps can be downloaded onto this laptop? Thanks!...
  7. Windows 10 Professional Education

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Professional Education: Recently purchased an E-book laptop for a grandchild. The OS is WIN10 Professional Education. Does it function like standard Windows 10? What are the limitations of this OS? What types of apps can be downloaded onto this laptop? Thanks!...
  8. Windows 10 Professional Education

9. is windows 11 better than windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is windows 11 better than windows 10: hi, is windows 11 better than windows 10. thanks. 150094
  10. Better Operating system than Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Better Operating system than Windows 10: I am looking for a better operating system. In the past, asked about how to stop Microsoft from selecting files and folders and moving or deleting them. Whatever I tried, did not work. Though now I have a new computer, when I see this happen-it is so quick I cannot cancel...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is windows pr0 better than education