Windows 10: Windows 10 Education - Disable Run Command GPO

Discus and support Windows 10 Education - Disable Run Command GPO in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I've been doing some testing on a Windows 10 Education build. After imaging and locking down users via Group Policy i have noticed a security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Friendzi, May 17, 2016.

1. Friendzi Win User

Windows 10 Education - Disable Run Command GPO

Hello,

I've been doing some testing on a Windows 10 Education build. After imaging and locking down users via Group Policy i have noticed a security issue when logged on as a standard user. I cannot stop standard users being able to UNC from either the search bar or Windows Explorer to any DFS path. For example \\domain.local\sysvol - Standard users have full access to these files.

Has anyone come across this and what did you do to stop it?

I am stumped.

Thank you

:)

Friendzi, May 17, 2016

2. Windows 10 home upgrading to pro or enterprise no possible

thank you I had windows home and upgrade to education.

Now I have clean installation of windows 10 enterprise.

And now I have problems with GPO from windows 2008 r2 server.

No GPOs applied on windows 10

DamjanHajsek, May 17, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Pro for Workstation: Disable Consumer features and telemetry

Hello,

is it possible to disable Telemetry completly (like with the level "Security" in the Enterprise SKU) in the new "Windows 10 Pro for Workstation" SKU? Furthermore, it would be interesting to know whether the GPO settings like disabling Spotlight on lock screen
    etc ( in principle all listed at Group Policy settings that apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise and Education Editions (Windows 10)) are also available in the new SKU.

Thank your for any hints.

Yours,

Julia

JuliBerger, May 17, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Education - Disable Run Command GPO

1. Windows 10 Education - Disable Run Command GPO - Similar Threads - Education Disable Run

2. Windows run commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows run commands: I've been having this issue since I started using windows 11. Whenever I use the Windows key + r and I want to run a application like notepad, mspaint they don't load. The only thing that works is CMD. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?...
  3. Windows 10 Education won't run?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Education won't run?: Hello! So I use windows 10 education on my private desktop PC because I got a license from my university for free. My problem is that I keep getting blue screens and had to do a clean install after getting stuck in a critical_process_died-loop. So now after the clean install...
  4. Enable or disable Run Command (Win+R) box in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or disable Run Command (Win+R) box in Windows 10: [ATTACH]This post will show you how to enable or disable Run Command (Win+R) box […] This article Enable or disable Run Command (Win+R) box in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. How to disable log-in in Windows 10 Education

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable log-in in Windows 10 Education: Hello I am using Windows 10 Education, provided by my college. Disabling log-on page option seems to be hidden that I cannot do it in regular ways suggested in existing posts. The reason of the disabling is: startup programs start running after the log-on. I usually turn...
  6. Windows 10 Education disabled settings by your organisation

Windows 10 Education disabled settings by your organisation: I have a key for windows 10 education and today after reinstalling it to a new ssd I’m getting ”Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation” notification on several settings menus. I have performed the installation twice now both times without connecting...
  7. Windows 10 Spotlight is disabled in Education

Windows 10 Spotlight is disabled in Education: I recently activated Windows 10 Education on my new PC only to find out that Windows Spotlight is gone. I am running version 1909. I have used Home since the release of Windows 10 and have used Windows Spotlight since its introduction. I am blown away that such an innocent,...
  8. Windows will not disable from GPO

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows will not disable from GPO: I reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer today, I was configuring the policies I use in the GPO. I found that Windows defender doesn't seem to respond to the Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus. As when I check Windows security Windows defender is still enabled. I am running...
  9. Local Admin GPO not coming down on Windows 10 Education/Enterprise

in Windows 10 Support
    Local Admin GPO not coming down on Windows 10 Education/Enterprise: Hello, I am having a weird issue with my group policy that only affects Windows 10 Education clients. The GPO to give local admin rights will not come down on the Education clients. All of my clients that are on Windows 10 Pro, it comes down fine. I work in a large school...
  10. Run SFC Command in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Run SFC Command in Windows 10: How to: Run SFC Command in Windows 10 How to Repair System Files with SFC Command in Windows 10 The SFC command scans the integrity of all protected system files and replaces incorrect (corrupted or modified) versions with correct Microsoft versions. This tutorial...