Windows 10: Windows 10 education downgrade to Windows10 Pro

Discus and support Windows 10 education downgrade to Windows10 Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I recently made a clean install from my legitimate copy of windows 8.1 Pro to windows 10 Pro, everything went good and the product was activated as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by marcosaeg, Aug 20, 2015.

1. marcosaeg Win User

Windows 10 education downgrade to Windows10 Pro

So I recently made a clean install from my legitimate copy of windows 8.1 Pro to windows 10 Pro, everything went good and the product was activated as the Pro version, but then one friend came to me with a windows 10 Education key and convinced me to try it, without question I entered the key(stupid I know). The system accepted the key and started the upgrade, after restarting my computer I opened the system settings and noticed that my windows wasn't activated. It turns out that the key that gave me my friend was already used by him and now I have a deactivated version of windows 10. So my question is if I can go back to the previous version of windows 10 Pro I already had, or do I need to do a clean install of windows 10?

:)

marcosaeg, Aug 20, 2015

2. hello sir

hello sir i am using windows 10 education now i want to install windows10 pro.
    plz tell me how we uninstall windows10 education and install windows10 pro
    i have window10 pro with a bootable pendrive
    how we uninstall previous windows

kcltangdhar, Aug 20, 2015
  3. Activation Gone Wrong

Are you asking if you have it or don't have it?

Cortana is not in Windows 10 Education, you need to downgrade back to Windows 10 Pro in order to restore Cortana.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 20, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

From an elevated command prompt ("run as administrator" command prompt) type slmgr /upk

Then type slmgr /ato

hopefully that works. UPK uninstalls the current product key. ATO tries online activation.

If you do have to install Windows 10 Pro again, install it like an upgrade over the top of what you have and it will hopefully keep all your data and programs. Do NOT enter any product keys when asked! Just skip those steps.

NavyLCDR, Aug 20, 2015
  5. marcosaeg Win User
    Using the command prompt didn't work, i guess i'll have to install windows again *cry

marcosaeg, Aug 20, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    You have the Windows 10 Pro ISO? Just run setup.exe from it while inside Windows, it will do an upgrade in place, not change any of your accounts or settings, and hopefully activate. Do NOT enter any product keys if it asks. Hopefully that will activate.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 education downgrade to Windows10 Pro - Similar Threads - education downgrade Windows10

2. Downgrade rights from Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade rights from Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro: Hi All,Would like to check if it is legal to downgrade from Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro?as i bought an used laptop that comes with Windows 10 Pro Edu and would like to change it to Windows 10 ProThanks in advance....
  3. Downgrade rights from Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade rights from Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro: Hi All,Would like to check if it is legal to downgrade from Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro?as i bought an used laptop that comes with Windows 10 Pro Edu and would like to change it to Windows 10 ProThanks in advance....
  4. downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    downgrading Win 10 education to Win 10 pro: I bought a Lenovo n23 80ur from Ebay and it was supposed to have Win 10 Pro but it has Win 10 Education. I need to downgrade to Win 10 pro. There is an OEM key in it. Is there a way to get the Pro version with this OEM key? And if I hard reset it how wo uld I go about doing...
  5. Downgrade Window10Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrade Window10Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro: I bought a Lenovo N23 80R recently that has Windows 10 Pro Education installed and I need Windows 10 Pro. Is there any way to downgrade it without uninstalling and reinstalling Windows 10 Pro and buying another license for the 10pro edition? I purchased it from Ebay so I...
  6. Downgrade Window10Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade Window10Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro: I bought a Lenovo N23 80R recently that has Windows 10 Pro Education installed and I need Windows 10 Pro. Is there any way to downgrade it without uninstalling and reinstalling Windows 10 Pro and buying another license for the 10pro edition? I purchased it from Ebay so I...
  7. Downgrade Window10Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. windows10 pro downgraded to home

windows10 pro downgraded to home: up until a ferw days ago, i was happily running windows10-pro on my home desktop. today i find that i am now downgraded to home edition. can anyone tell my why? is there a problem with microsoft servers?...
  9. Upgrade or downgrade win 10 education to windows pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade or downgrade win 10 education to windows pro: Hi My PC is installed with windows 10 education i want to change it to windows 10 Pro kindly help me in doing this with out loosing my application installed and the files in my system....
  10. Windows 10 Automatically Downgraded Education to Pro Education

Windows 10 Automatically Downgraded Education to Pro Education: Hello I'm running into an issue at work where half my fleet of new machines with Windows 10 Education 1809 is now downgraded to Windows 10 Pro Education. Why is this happening and how do I get regular Education back? The below image shows two machines that were imaged...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. downgrade windows 10 education to pro

2. downgrade win 10 education to win 10 pro

3. change windows10 education to pro

4. how to change windows10 education to windows10 pro ,
  5. win 10 pro downgrade education,
  6. windows10 education downgrade,
  7. how to downgrade from windows 10 education to windows 10 pro,
  8. how to downgrade from windows 10 pro education to only pro,
  9. how to downgrade windows 10 education to pro,
  10. Windows 10 education downgrade to Windows10 Pro,
  11. downgrade windows 10 pro education to windows pro,