Windows 10: Windows 10 Education Pro

Discus and support Windows 10 Education Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi sorry if this is the wrong forum, I read an article that states windows 10 pro users in education can upgrade to win10 pro education - Great I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MikeNomad, Feb 22, 2017.

1. MikeNomad Win User

Windows 10 Education Pro

Hi sorry if this is the wrong forum, I read an article that states windows 10 pro users in education can upgrade to win10 pro education - Great I thought I registered on the business store applied for the free upgrade - the instructions for the upgrade would require me to reset 22 machines and then during the setup select the school owns them - if I had not spent the previous week running a new image out I would have spent the time to get the update then do a sysprep image with all the software I need installed.

On another forum I got an official link for the education pro and installed it on a virtual box it looks exactly the same as WIn10 Pro it has the Store app, other bloatware, Xbox etc so I contacted support to see if there was anyway of running the update without going to each machine - No it has to be each machine

I then asked if all the distracting apps were removed No they are still there so what would the point of upgrading to the education version - if all the crap that distracts students are still available?

Does anyone on this forum use the Education version?

Are there any benefits to me wasting another week resetting all the computers and then running a new sysprep image?

Or should I just stick with Win10 Pro which I removed all the apps from the Wim prior to install

thanks
    a fustigated IT teacher

:)

MikeNomad, Feb 22, 2017

2. Win10 Pro Education

Actually, you can switch back from Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro:

To roll back Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro

Log in to Microsoft Store for Education with your school or work account, or follow the link from the notification email to turn off the automatic switch.

Select Manage > Benefits and locate the section Windows 10 Pro Education and follow the link.

In the Revert to Windows 10 Pro page, click Revert to Windows 10 Pro.

Figure 15 - Revert to Windows 10 Pro

Revert to Windows 10 Pro

You will be asked if you're sure that you want to turn off automatic switches to Windows 10 Pro Education. Click Yes.

Click Close in the Success page.

All global admins get a confirmation email that a request was made to roll back your organization to Windows 10 Pro. If you, or another global admin, decide later that you want to turn on automatic switches again, you can do this by selecting Switch to Windows
    10 Pro Education for free from the Manage > Benefits in the Microsoft Store for Education.

See screenshot:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/education/wind...

Andre Da Costa, Feb 22, 2017
  3. Change from Windows 10 Education edition to Windows 10 Professional

Windows 10 Education is an academic edition of Windows 10 used in schools. Features like Cortana are removed because of the environment it is used in.

Windows 10 Pro Education builds on the commercial version of Windows 10 Pro and provides important management controls needed in schools. Windows 10 Pro Education is effectively a variant of Windows 10 Pro that provides education-specific default settings,
    including the removal of Cortana1. These default settings disable tips, tricks and suggestions & Windows Store suggestions.

Windows 10 editions for education customers

If you want to downgrade to the Windows 10 Pro edition, you will need to perform a clean install and you will need a unique product key to install it. The Windows 10 Pro Edu or Windows 10 Education key will not activate Windows 10 Pro.

If you don't have a license for Windows 10 Pro, you will either need to request it from the institution you got Windows 10 Education; or you will have to purchase a license for Pro, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: Buy Windows 10 Home/Pro

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Feb 22, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

5. I haven't been able to get my hands on Pro Education, been wanting to have a look see for a while now. No sign of it on MSDN? I'm running Education at the moment. Nothing to add to what Kari already posted though. I can go from Pro to Education via "change product key". No install media required.

alphanumeric, Feb 22, 2017
  6. MikeNomad Win User
    I am running it on a VBox and you can also disable the new spotlight rubish in GPO if you need a copy there are some availible on mydigitallife site

MikeNomad, Feb 22, 2017
  7. That would be the site dedicated to pirating Windows? That would be the last place I would ever download an ISO from.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Education Pro

1. Windows 10 Education Pro - Similar Threads - Education Pro

2. Change windows type from Education Pro to Pro with the Same key come with my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change windows type from Education Pro to Pro with the Same key come with my laptop.: I bought a Laptop which come with a free windows. When I was linking with my email I selected Windows 10 Education Pro, then automatically updated windows 11 Education Pro. I want change it to Windows 10/11 Pro. Please advice me so I can do it....
  3. Change windows type from Education Pro to Pro with the Same key come with my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change windows type from Education Pro to Pro with the Same key come with my laptop.: I bought a Laptop which come with a free windows. When I was linking with my email I selected Windows 10 Education Pro, then automatically updated windows 11 Education Pro. I want change it to Windows 10/11 Pro. Please advice me so I can do it....
  4. I got window 10 pro education pre-installed on my laptop. But it crashed few days back....

I got window 10 pro education pre-installed on my laptop. But it crashed few days back....: If i install windows 10 pro version will it get activated by digital license. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-window-10-pro-education-pre-installed-on-my/d9635cea-0f05-45fa-b40f-d74e9b5b6da6
  5. I got window 10 pro education pre-installed on my laptop. But it crashed few days back....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got window 10 pro education pre-installed on my laptop. But it crashed few days back....: If i install windows 10 pro version will it get activated by digital license. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-window-10-pro-education-pre-installed-on-my/d9635cea-0f05-45fa-b40f-d74e9b5b6da6
  6. Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education without reimage

Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education without reimage: Our district purchases Windows laptops that come with Windows 10 Pro preinstalled. We are needing to move them to Windows 10 Education version. Due to these devices already being in the hands of staff we would prefer not to have to reimage them to get them onto Windows 10...
  7. Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education without reimage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education without reimage: Our district purchases Windows laptops that come with Windows 10 Pro preinstalled. We are needing to move them to Windows 10 Education version. Due to these devices already being in the hands of staff we would prefer not to have to reimage them to get them onto Windows 10...
  8. Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Education without reimage

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Upgrade an education version to Windows Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade an education version to Windows Pro: I have installed Windows10, but. during the process I downloaded an education version by a mistake. Now I cannot activate Windows since I am not part of an education institution. Is it possible for me to buy a Windows Pro and upgrade my Windows installation,?...
  10. Upgrade an education version to Windows Pro

Upgrade an education version to Windows Pro: I have installed Windows10, but. during the process I downloaded an education version by a mistake. Now I cannot activate Windows since I am not part of an education institution. Is it possible for me to buy a Windows Pro and upgrade my Windows installation,?...