Windows 10: Windows 10 Education watermark

Discus and support Windows 10 Education watermark in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I just installed Windows 10 Education, it's up to date and activated, but I have a watermark next to clock, will it be there forever? 9527 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Joaozitoo, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Joaozitoo Win User

Windows 10 Education watermark

So I just installed Windows 10 Education, it's up to date and activated, but I have a watermark next to clock, will it be there forever?

:)

Joaozitoo, Jul 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 Education Edition - Is There a Watermark on the Screen?

Hello there,

I just got a Windows 10 Education key free through my college, and I was digging into the inquires that the Windows 10 Education Edition comes with a permanent watermark. The watermark says "Windows 10 Education" and it is placed on the bottom right hand
    corner of the desktop. I saw in a post by a moderator that the watermark is to show what version of Windows I have. I find that hard to believe because there is no watermark on my screen now, and I am running Windows 10 Pro.

Can someone tell me if the key I just got will install a watermark on Windows 10? I got it from onthehub.com

If it does, it will not be worth installing. I'm an IT major, and I don't want to look like I have non-genuine Windows.

Thanks.

Webmaster2015, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Windows 10 education watermark

That watermark is by design on Windows 10 Education systems.

zachd [MSFT], Jul 28, 2015
  4. Aki6 Win User

Unfortunately I can't help you, but I'd just like to say that you're not the only one experiencing this issue. I have a watermark which displays "Windows 10 Education" in the bottom right corner of my desktop. My Windows is activated and up to date. I purchased this version today using dreamspark premium and performed a clean installation with USB device.

5. Xellos Win User
    I have the same problem here *Sad

Xellos, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Kayvanian Win User
    Ran into the same problem :/ Couldn't find any way to remove the watermark other than disabling custom desktop backgrounds altogether, so I found a solution through editing a branding hex file. Wrote up a blog post explaining how to do it (but note that it involved editing system files and I'm not responsible is Windows craps out on you).

Edit: It looks like this solution reverts itself upon restarting the computer; will look for a fix in the meantime.

Kayvanian, Jul 29, 2015
  7. bar1no Win User
  8. Windows 10 Education watermark

Is this watermark presentby design or is it a mistake and Microsoft will remove it?
    If it is by design I think I'll just order the Multiple Editions SKU which installs Pro with the provided key.
    I'm only allowed go choose one of the two so I really wanted to know if the Education edition is really supposed to have that watermark. If it does, that kind of explains the difference between it and Enterprise. Education is a cheaper Enterprise edition for students and schools/university PCs, that will force to have a watermark on the desktop to remind you what you're using ALL the time.

petersaints, Jul 31, 2015
  9. DFG
    DFG Win User
    Seems it's by design

10. k2snd Win User
    k2snd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Education watermark - Similar Threads - Education watermark

2. why does windows for education exist i hate it

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does windows for education exist i hate it: WHY DOES WINDOWS FOR EDUCATION EXIST KIDS ARE JUST FINE WITH NORMAL WINDOWS!! I tried it and it's so boring! There are too many limitations and you can't even open 75% of the .exe files you download without a message that says 'USER ACCOUNT CONTROL:Are you sure you want this...
  3. why does windows for education exist i hate it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does windows for education exist i hate it: WHY DOES WINDOWS FOR EDUCATION EXIST KIDS ARE JUST FINE WITH NORMAL WINDOWS!! I tried it and it's so boring! There are too many limitations and you can't even open 75% of the .exe files you download without a message that says 'USER ACCOUNT CONTROL:Are you sure you want this...
  4. why does windows for education exist i hate it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to activate Windows 10 Education on home computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Windows 10 Education on home computer: My home computer crashed in 2022. The person fixing the computer upgraded my computer to Windows 10 Education. I am not affiliated with any school or institution, I work at home. I have been unable to activate my Windows 10 because it keeps saying "we can't activate Windows...
  6. Unable to activate Windows 10 Education on home computer

Unable to activate Windows 10 Education on home computer: My home computer crashed in 2022. The person fixing the computer upgraded my computer to Windows 10 Education. I am not affiliated with any school or institution, I work at home. I have been unable to activate my Windows 10 because it keeps saying "we can't activate Windows...
  7. Unable to activate Windows 10 Education on home computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Education edition of windows, but my student account was deactivated. How to install a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Education edition of windows, but my student account was deactivated. How to install a...: I can't seem to find an answer for this via Google search, so here I am casting my voice into the void.I got a license for an education edition of Windows 10 a few years ago and I've been signing into it via the student account set up with my university. Now that the...
  9. Education edition of windows, but my student account was deactivated. How to install a...

Education edition of windows, but my student account was deactivated. How to install a...: I can't seem to find an answer for this via Google search, so here I am casting my voice into the void.I got a license for an education edition of Windows 10 a few years ago and I've been signing into it via the student account set up with my university. Now that the...
  10. Education edition of windows, but my student account was deactivated. How to install a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is the windows 10 eductaction watermark