Windows 10: Windows 10 Eject for internal disks

Discus and support Windows 10 Eject for internal disks in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there any way to remove eject from my internal drives. [img] 33313 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thermaltake, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Eject for internal disks

Is there any way to remove eject from my internal drives.

Windows 10 Eject for internal disks [​IMG]

:)

Thermaltake, Dec 9, 2015

2. eject disks from windows 10 media player?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Are you referring to Windows Media Player?

Does the issue persist only when ejecting disk from the media player?

Does the issue persist when ejecting disk from file explorer as well?

Check if you are able to eject the disk from File explorer.

Get back to us with the answers to the above question to assist you further on this query.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 9, 2015
  3. External USB drive on Windows 10

I am using an external USB Superdrive with Windows 10 on a virtual machine (Fusion) installed on an iMac computer. Windows recognizes the external drive as F:, device manager shows the drive as working properly, however it will not accept a disk. If I
    insert a disk part way, it won't go in, but if I click on "eject", the disk is ejected. Strangely, when I installed Windows 10, it was from a disk and the external drive accepted that disk for the installation. The external drive does work when connected to
    the Mac.

JamesWilsonZV, Dec 9, 2015
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

Windows 10 Eject for internal disks

I think it's an AHCI feature (Hot plug). If you set SATA to IDE mode, it will disappear I think, but I also think it's not worth the hassle (and it can even damage performance if you have got a SSD drive).

eLPuSHeR, Dec 9, 2015
  5. Hmm weird I mean I didn't have them on Win 7 don't remember on Win 8.1. But I always accidently eject hard drive when I wan't to eject usb stick *Biggrin that's why I wan't to hide them. I don't have ssd but I would love to hide that without decreasing any performance on my PC and windows.

Thermaltake, Dec 9, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    On my desktop machines, there's a BIOS (really UEFI) setting that allows you to set SATA drives as removable or not. (It's not crazy: it'd permit you to hotswap internal drives.)

Does your PC have anything like that?

bobkn, Dec 9, 2015
  7. I do, but not on those two SATA3 6.0 Gb/s connectors, they are controlled by asmedia chip. And other sata connectors are not.

Thermaltake, Dec 10, 2015
  8. Geneo Win User

You should be able disable hot-plug for the Asmedia chip in the BIOS onboard device menu (where that is in the BIOS menus depends on the motherboard manufacturer).

Geneo, Dec 10, 2015
  9. I don't have that option on Asrock Z77 Pro4 motherboard.

10. Geneo Win User
    Hmm. It is weird that hot-swap is on by default. It is meant for extending with e-sata.

I wonder if you enable SATA boot ROM for the Asmedia on that board if there is some escape sequence on boot that will get you into the asmedia boot menu.

Otherwise there are some registry settings where you can disable the hot-swap in Windows. It works in windows 7 and I expect it would in windows 10. I wouldn't know under which key to place the setting for asmedia. Let me get back to you.

Geneo, Dec 10, 2015
  11. Geneo Win User
    Another thing. When you go to device manager the asmedia should show up as a regular sata controller. Are trhere any settings in the propertied for the controller there? Been a while since I used asmedia.

Geneo, Dec 10, 2015
  12. Geneo Win User
    Geneo, Dec 10, 2015
  13. Windows 10 Eject for internal disks

Only intel is showing as regular sata controller, asmedia is showed as storage controller.

Windows 10 Eject for internal disks [​IMG]

I already google that link that you gave me but I don't have

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\msahci

in registry

OS is Win 10 x64

14. Geneo Win User
    You could uninstall the as media drivers completely and have the Microsoft ahci drivers control the as media device. The Microsoft drivers are batter imo.

Geneo, Dec 10, 2015
  15. How come are they better than original ones ?

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Eject for internal disks - Similar Threads - Eject internal disks

2. Eject disk 2.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Eject disk 2.0: I just bought a 32GB SanDisk ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive. It's written on the pack USB 3.1 Gen 1. When I tried pulling files to the drive, the speed is not a fast as I wanted. Also, when I tried ejecting the drive, I saw eject disk 2.0 and I don't understand. Any reason to...
  3. Eject disk 2.0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Eject disk 2.0: I just bought a 32GB SanDisk ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive. It's written on the pack USB 3.1 Gen 1. When I tried pulling files to the drive, the speed is not a fast as I wanted. Also, when I tried ejecting the drive, I saw eject disk 2.0 and I don't understand. Any reason to...
  4. Eject disk 2.0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. "Cannot eject disk" error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Cannot eject disk" error: Long story short. I connected a external harddrive with its own power source, because it's a large 3.5 inch drive to my computer or laptop's USB port. I copied some files and now I want to eject it, but Windows says "problem ejecting USB drive" and claiming that "the device...
  6. Problem ejecting hard disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem ejecting hard disk: Hi I have been using my laptop for 2 years now And I have an external hard disk I was even using that for a while now on my computer But recently when I plugged in my hard disk and after using it when I clicked on eject This message poped up The...
  7. Disk keeps ejecting and appearing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk keeps ejecting and appearing?: I am trying to install a game on my computer and it keeps ejecting and then appearing. submitted by /u/fridaysisterpeeplega [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f423ay/disk_keeps_ejecting_and_appearing/
  8. Showing eject of the internal drives

Showing eject of the internal drives: Yesterday I tried to convert the SATA options from IDE to AHIC I searched over the internet and found that I can't directly change those options and I need a windows registry fix to do it, so I did that and changed the SATA option from IDE to AHIC At boot up I got an error...
  9. Ejecting Removable Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ejecting Removable Disk: I'm writing a C program for Windows that deals specifically with lettered optical drives. From the dearth of information, I gather no easy solution exists for programmatically ejecting such a disk. But I'll ask. Does anyone know an API under C that can be used to eject an...
  10. Accidentally ejected internal storage (Windows 10)

Accidentally ejected internal storage (Windows 10): I have ejected my internal hard drive by accident on Windows 10 (it came up in the list of removable devices). When I go to device manager the disk still shows up but in the properties panel it says unavailable as it needs to be disconnected and reconnected. Is there a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 Intel AHCI SafelyRemove TreatAsInternalPort

2. registry key eject internal disk error windows 10