Windows 10: Windows 10 EMAIL APP when I clik on a email LINK in a web site/page,

Discus and support Windows 10 EMAIL APP when I clik on a email LINK in a web site/page, in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; unlike Win 7, it does not open my browser, open my YAHOO email link, then PASTE the email address in that link in the COMPOSE box. ONE STEP, IT DOES... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jagman, Aug 31, 2017.

1. jagman Win User

Windows 10 EMAIL APP when I clik on a email LINK in a web site/page,

unlike Win 7, it does not open my browser, open my YAHOO email link, then PASTE the email address in that link in the COMPOSE box. ONE STEP, IT DOES ALL THE WORK.

Win 10 ANOTHER MATTER: IT starts some window/PAGE/APP labeled as "INBOX YAHOO" that is a want-to-be email agent.
    I DONT WANT the inbox but to send an email which it has no commands to to so.
    So, I have to:
    copy /cut the address as it did plug it in its TO: box.
    Start my browser,
    Start Yahoo
    Paste the address into Yahoo. then can rock & roll.....
    LOTS of wasted efforts ..

Have tried to get help from SUPPORT.MICROSOFT.COM" = Useless.

If you used Win 7, had to use a link for an email instead of the "words" ..., "COPY-ABLY ADDRESS" you may know the problem.

Of course, if not a link, you copy/paste yourself, but those "links" are "cute" but not practical for Win 10 they HIDE the actual email address.

Why Win 10 wanted to change that I have no clue as Win 7 does this problem, PERFECT.
    Why Win 10 wants to be a "go between" which makes us use its app and is useless, and has no ability to send the message? I have no clue either. Maybe it was "busywork" for the programmer.

ANY one fix this double, triple work Win 10 gave us?

:)

jagman, Aug 31, 2017
  2. jagman55 Win User

Setting up Win 10. DO NOT WANT its default things like MAIL but want to stop or use YAHOO Email.

none of these understand what looking for, thanks but, does anyone remember Win 7?

You could go to a web site: Joe's hot dogs, and under: "contact/email", "Joe's web programmer supplies a LINK and NOT, English, a readable ADDRESS. In this case you can not SEE, READ the address to COPY into a web site Email service.

LOTS of people that code websites do NOT supply a email ADDRESS in English but a LINK, hidden and unreadable as they think is a CLEANER" LOOK.

If in English and not a link, one can bring Yahoo email web site, and copy a "link" as Yahoo like a real email address.

to copy and paste.

IN Win 7, if one would CLIK on the link, Win 7, would recognize it as an email address, would bring the Yahoo email web site AND COPY THAT ADDRESS IN THE "TO " address blank field, and then, you just entered to SUBJECT.....

Win 10 by default, brings up a page that "looks like" an email blank but has no option, etc and wants you to enter a message after that, who knows what Microsoft does it it.

I would LIKE Win 10 to "take me to Yahoo site directly" LIKE Win 7 did..

jagman55, Aug 31, 2017
  3. d0gknees Win User
    Setting up Win 10. DO NOT WANT its default things like MAIL but want to stop or use YAHOO Email.

They are what are usually called Mailto links. The other posters are talking about opening your mail to get your messages.

Perhaps Angela can assist with the problem now we've clarified it.

d0gknees, Aug 31, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

I don't know myself (but see below for what I've found for you) how that should work with browser based email, which I only use if I have a problem. I can confirm it works properly with an email client:

Windows 10 EMAIL APP when I clik on a email LINK in a web site/page, [​IMG]

There's the hyperlink on the page, and Thunderbird correctly launched with the email address.

You may wish to check how your email client (browser) is specified- and how that protocol is handled.
    See Mailto

Windows 10 EMAIL APP when I clik on a email LINK in a web site/page, [​IMG]

As I say, I've no idea myself how that would work with a browser.

A search for
    mailto yahoo
    offers
    Make Yahoo Mail the default email in Windows or your web browser | Yahoo Help - SLN24051

dalchina, Aug 31, 2017
  5. mrgeek Win User
    "unlike Win 7, it does not open my browser, open my YAHOO email link, then PASTE the email address in that link in the COMPOSE box. ONE STEP, IT DOES ALL THE WORK."

What email client were you using in 7, Live Mail, Outlook or other ? On Windows 10 Mail app, the address link will open in your preferred email client. On mine, it opens in Thunderbird. Start with Settings/Apps/Default apps to see that the base settings are correct. If so, then dig deeper by following dalchina's settings advice.
    But If you want to do this entirely on your browser, why not just read and write your yahoo! email on your web browser ? IE: Open browser, open yahoo! mail, click address or web links in message to compose, DONE. Or are you saying clicking an address link on a web page doesn't open yahoo! mail ? If that's the case, it's your browser settings.

mrgeek, Aug 31, 2017
  6. jagman Win User
    Interesting in that it appears this customerizatin was needed in Win 7.
    I had 7 from the beginning, DOS 1.0 to Win 10 all except skipped 8.
    I do not remember ever having to do the before in any, it just seem to "work" if may have asked me for my email specs but did not know i was doing but 10 may do it at detail level.

Thanks.

jagman, Aug 31, 2017
  7. jagman Win User
    Both of you.....thanks
    will try to see if i can follow this procedure

jagman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 EMAIL APP when I clik on a email LINK in a web site/page, - Similar Threads - EMAIL APP clik

2. Web site page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Web site page: web page gets larger and larger view Zoom automatically. I reset at 110 but then goes to 500 covering the monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-site-page/48740cc7-b323-4126-bab4-1c0b313a5394
  3. Copying EMAIL link to Web Browser for Testing ??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Copying EMAIL link to Web Browser for Testing ??: I never click on an EMAIL link. I just copy them to the browser address block to see and them possibly execute to go to that link location. ----------------- QUESTION ----------------- 1) Is this OK or am I still opening myself up to get infected? 2) What is the best way to...
  4. Outlook popups for accessing email on a web page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook popups for accessing email on a web page: When you want to use the email button on a web site to contact that person, it opens outlook. My email is gmail and I have a 365 family account but the outlook that opens still wants me to sign up for 365 and pay even though we already have it. I would like to have outlook...
  5. Links in emails

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Links in emails: I routinely receive notices from court clerks advising that a new pleading or motion has been filed in a case in which I am involved. These emails contain a link that should take me directly to the newly filed document. However, the links are not active. How do I activate...
  6. Hide linked email accounts in Windows 10 Email

Hide linked email accounts in Windows 10 Email: I've set up my Windows 10 mail so that multiple web-based email accounts all send email to my Windows10 email. This includes a substantial list of contacts on a gmail account. But now, in addition to showing my Windows email "Inbox" it also shows all of the "Inboxes" for...
  7. "This site can't be reached" when I click on a link in an email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "This site can't be reached" when I click on a link in an email: Whenever I click on a link in my email I get one of these errors seen below. I posted in a different forum about this a month ago and was told to do something in the browser security area to fix this issue. It did fix the issue....for a while and now its back. Thanks in...
  8. I am unable to connect to any link in my email or viewing a web page.

I am unable to connect to any link in my email or viewing a web page.: I am unable to connect to any link in my emails or web pages when running windows 10 or edge. When i try, all I get is a script like box and I cannot go any further. Please advise me on what to do. This does not happen when I use the Google or Firefox browser....
  9. Email Links on the web (in Chrome) will not open emails in Outlook.

Email Links on the web (in Chrome) will not open emails in Outlook.: First - I am a very NON-TECHNICAL user. But I have been frustrated because when I am on a website and it gives me an option to CLICK HERE to email someone, the link won't open my Outlook email (or any email). I gave checked my WIndows Settings Defaulkt Apps and it shows...
  10. Email links on Web pages

in Browsers and Email
    Email links on Web pages: Hi Group When trying to use email links on web pages, The links dont open. I can see the email address in the status bar and it is correct. I dont get the choice of which program on my system to open a new message with. There must be a place on my system where I can set that...