Windows 10: Windows 10 emits no sound on any speaker device

Discus and support Windows 10 emits no sound on any speaker device in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So one day, my Windows 10 Alienware gaming laptop suddenly stopped giving any audio on my headphones and built in speakers. It's not a speaker problem,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SP4RTANBLAST, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Windows 10 emits no sound on any speaker device

So one day, my Windows 10 Alienware gaming laptop suddenly stopped giving any audio on my headphones and built in speakers. It's not a speaker problem, because why would the headphones not work either? Also, device manager says all my sound related devices are fine. Troubleshooter couldn't find anything either.

Simply put: zero sound on anything.

One thing I should probably mention is that when I plug in headphones when it was working fine, my computer volume level adjusts itself accordingly so I don't blow my ears out. Now, despite no sound anyway, the level sticks at 100 instead of going down to something like 12.

:)

SP4RTANBLAST, Jul 12, 2018

2. SPEAKERS emitting no sound...how fix?

Hello,

Thanks for posting your query to Microsoft forum.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

This issue could occur due to incompatible or corrupted device drivers. Let’s try to follow these methods below which can help us resolving this issue.

Method 1: Run audio troubleshooter.

You might be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with audio.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and click Troubleshooting..
    • Click on view all (on the left)
    • Select Playing Audio troubleshooter.
    • Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.

If the issue persist, follow method 2.

Method 2: Update the sound drivers.

Step 1: Follow the steps below to update the sound drivers.

1. Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.

2. Go to device manager.

3. Right-click your audio/sound devices.

4. Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Restart the computer and check.

Step 2: Check in compatibility mode.

Download the drivers from the computer manufacture's website for Windows 10, if not available.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

d. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older programs
    compatible with this version of Windows

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 12, 2018
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Windows 10 emits no sound on any speaker device :p

cadaveca, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Windows 10 emits no sound on any speaker device

Sound Quality / Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi J,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to troubleshoot sound issues after upgrading to Windows 10:

• Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar located at the bottom right of the screen and select
      Playback Devices.
    • Select the current playback device in use and by default it should be the
      Speakers
      . Double-click on it to open its Properties window.
    • Got to Advanced tab and change the bit rate to either of the following: 24bit/44100 Hz or 24bit/192000Hz. Depending on the speaker configuration.
    If that won't work, follow these steps on how to scan for hardware changes:

• Go to Start menu, search for Device Manager and click it.
    • Expand Sound and audio devices.
    • Right-click on the current sound driver and choose Uninstall.
    • Click on Scan for hardware changes and the updated driver will be automatically installed.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you download the latest sound card drivers for Windows 10 from your PC's manufacturer website.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 emits no sound on any speaker device

1. Windows 10 emits no sound on any speaker device - Similar Threads - emits sound speaker

2. My laptop speaker randomly starts emitting a buzzing sound while playing audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop speaker randomly starts emitting a buzzing sound while playing audio.: Hello.I have a Windows 10 HP Envy and for about a year, whenever I'm playing audio the speaker will randomly start emitting a buzzing sound, like static. It first happened a year ago when I was playing Witcher 3. The game stuttered for a few seconds and after it went back to...
  3. My laptop speaker randomly starts emitting a buzzing sound while playing audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop speaker randomly starts emitting a buzzing sound while playing audio.: Hello.I have a Windows 10 HP Envy and for about a year, whenever I'm playing audio the speaker will randomly start emitting a buzzing sound, like static. It first happened a year ago when I was playing Witcher 3. The game stuttered for a few seconds and after it went back to...
  4. My laptop speaker randomly starts emitting a buzzing sound while playing audio.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. sound will not play through speakers or any audio jack device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound will not play through speakers or any audio jack device: I've followed many steps online on how to fix the issue and im starting to go into a panic.nothing works as the title says https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-will-not-play-through-speakers-or-any-audio/a2c5fbcb-4f07-486d-9ba8-e93708664a12
  6. sound will not play through speakers or any audio jack device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sound will not play through speakers or any audio jack device: I've followed many steps online on how to fix the issue and im starting to go into a panic.nothing works as the title says https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-will-not-play-through-speakers-or-any-audio/a2c5fbcb-4f07-486d-9ba8-e93708664a12
  7. Bluetooth earbuds are connected, but no sound is being emitted

Bluetooth earbuds are connected, but no sound is being emitted: Hi. Yesterday I got a pair of Bluetooth wireless earbuds. They work just fine with my Android device, taking just a couple of second to get paired and ready to go. The issue is when I try to connect them to my Windows 10 PC, as they sometimes appear connected or paired, but...
  8. No sound output device on Windows 10 with analogue speakers

No sound output device on Windows 10 with analogue speakers: Hello, I have a HP Envy desktop running Windows 10, version 2004. The desktop has analogue surround sound outputs connected to a surround sound system Creative Inspire T6300. The sound system was working perfectly until a recent Windows update? but now there is no sound...
  9. Sound detected by windows, but no sound is emitting??

Sound detected by windows, but no sound is emitting??: Recently got a gaming computer, that was organized by my dad. Everything was fine and audio was emitting from my desktop. However, that soon stopped in 3-5 hours when I turned off my computer to rest. Once I turned it back on, audio from YouTube in my Microsoft Edge browser,...
  10. "Speakers" Sound device disappeared

"Speakers" Sound device disappeared: Hi, I installed Windows 10 last week and have been using it with mainly no problems (apart from my DVD/CD drive not working, which I posted a thread here about but haven't received any responses yet *Sad ) When I am visiting my family back home in England I often plug...