Windows 10: Windows 10 empty all apps list

Discus and support Windows 10 empty all apps list in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not sure when this started happening. Might have been after a Windows update and the system reboot. I've been living with it for a couple weeks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by needhelp, Nov 2, 2015.

1. needhelp Win User

Windows 10 empty all apps list

I'm not sure when this started happening. Might have been after a Windows update and the system reboot. I've been living with it for a couple weeks now.

When I click All apps in the start menu, the list is empty. The apps in the most used list are still populated and when I install a new app, it shows up as a new app. But when I click All apps, it never shows anything. Just an empty menu with a back button.

The apps in the tile portion of the start menu show up fine and I'm able to search for apps to launch them, but I'd like to be able to easily go through all the apps I have installed.

:)

needhelp, Nov 2, 2015

2. All apps list mostly empty after recovery

After doing a system recovery and going back 4 days, my list of apps no longer shows Most of my installed apps. I can go to the Windows store and search for the app and click open, which works. That is a bit cludgy. Also, 2 uninstalled apps are constantly
    trying to update, which obviously fails. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is an insider build installed. I just found out that my Windows Mail app no longer works. Also, my option to go back to Windows 7 is gone. No more recoveries to go back
    to. Serious problems here.

Tom Kenesson, Nov 2, 2015
  3. All apps list mostly empty after recovery

Hi Tom,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

• What happens when you try to use Mail app?
    • What error do you get when you try to go back to Windows 7?
    Go to Search, and search for apps which are missing in apps list and check if they show up in Search. Right-click on it to pin to Start menu.

For update fail and Mail app issue, try the steps below.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Check for updates for apps from Windows Store and install if you find any.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/check-for-updates-for-apps-and-games-from-windows-store#

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”.
    • Type CMD.
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the CMD window.
    • Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    For go back issue:

Do not try the following steps because it will disable Go Back feature on Windows 10:

• Refresh.
    • Reset.
    • Disk Cleanup (if it touched Windows.old or $windows.~bt).
    • Manually deleting files within Windows.old or $windows.~bt
    • Running on battery (must be plugged in).
    • If external device was used during upgrade to store Go Back data – the customer must have it to perform a Go Back.
    How to recover / restore your previous version of Windows using the Rollback feature:

How to recover / restore your previous version of Windows using the Rollback feature in the Anniversary Edition and the Spring / Fall Creators Update

Recovery options in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 2, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

I don't have a good answer for you.
    If and after you have exhausted your search for a solution, consider using system restore and pick a date that is at least 2+ weeks ago as your restore point.

davidhk, Nov 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 empty all apps list - Similar Threads - empty apps list

2. Microsoft Store All Owned app list suddenly empty

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store All Owned app list suddenly empty: When I open the Microsoft Store app and go to My Library not a single app is listed. Over the years I have downloaded dozens of apps, both free and paid apps, for Windows 10 on PC, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows Phone 8.1 and older. It is now all missing in my library. The only...
  3. Apps list empty on "Settings" -> "Privacy" -> "Notifications"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Apps list empty on "Settings" -> "Privacy" -> "Notifications": Hi, I am running Windows 10 64 bits build 19042.746, and I just noticed that on "Settings" -> Privacy" -> "Notifications", the list under "Choose which Apps can access your notifications" is empty. This was not the case some time ago a couple of weeks, and I had no...
  4. Windows 10 Store App: List is empty for "All Types"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Store App: List is empty for "All Types": Hello, No matter how many times I reset my PC or do a fresh install not because of this problem of course, I notice this bug. To reproduce: Open Windows Store app. Go to My Library Select "All owned" or "Ready to install" The list is empty. Select "Apps" or "Games" from...
  5. Windows features list empty

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows features list empty: I am trying to add some features to my win10 machine.However,the list is empty - general photo. I have set the service to automatic and checked if it's running submitted by /u/nusuntcinevabannat [link] [comments]...
  6. All Apps not listing all apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Apps not listing all apps: Hi I have installed "IrfanView" and it is working fine; however, when I list "all apps" it does not show this programme. Is there a fix for this please? Many thanks 154497
  7. All Apps not listing all apps

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps not listing all apps: Hi I have installed "IrfanView" and it is working fine; however, when I list "all apps" it does not show this programme. Is there a fix for this please? Many thanks 154497
  8. Apps & settings - Empty list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps & settings - Empty list: [ATTACH] Windows version 1909 Application Error when accessing Apps & Features from System->Storage->Apps & Features - System - Provider [ Name] Application Error - EventID 1000 [ Qualifiers] 0 Level 2 Task 100...
  9. Apps ans Features's lists are empty

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps ans Features's lists are empty: The Apps and Features are empty and the Programs and Features cannot accessible after I reset my PC windows 10. I think it is because I chose the f12 when windows asked me if I want to delete Trusted Platform Module or not when restarting. please help?[ATTACH]...
  10. All Apps Listing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Apps Listing: I am trying to find out how come I don't see all of my apps in Windows 10. While there is an alphabetic list of them, some of the letters are missing. For example, instead of A B C D, it's A C E G and so on. This only occurred after having to do a factory reset on my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 all apps list empty