Windows 10: Windows 10 Enterprise blurry text in some apps - 150% scaling

Discus and support Windows 10 Enterprise blurry text in some apps - 150% scaling in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am aware of scaling problem on high DPI monitors/screens Windows 10 has. Therefore I has been using XPEWindows10_DPI_FIX with custom scaling of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by boxikg, Mar 12, 2017.

1. boxikg Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise blurry text in some apps - 150% scaling

Hi, I am aware of scaling problem on high DPI monitors/screens Windows 10 has. Therefore I has been using XPEWindows10_DPI_FIX with custom scaling of 124% without any display problems (even .mmc consoles are displayed fine such as device manager, event viewer and so on). This morning I started to use external keyboard instead of laptop's keyboard thus I had to change scaling to higher value e.g. 150% but now text in device manager, event viewer ... is blurry. I thought XPEWindows10_DPI_FIX works fine for all scaling values but it seems not. Is there any solution for this? Laptop is farther from me than before because of keyboard thus scaling of 124% is not appropriate value anymore.

It is absolutely unacceptable how MS screwed up scaling which was working fine on Windows 8.1 and still it does not have any 100% working solution. I am system engineer who frequently use .mmc consoles which are completely unaware of high dpi scaling - displayed text is very very blurry.

:)

boxikg, Mar 12, 2017

2. Mixed resolution scaling results in blurry applications?

The problem isn't with the monitor that's scaled, but rather with the ones that "aren't". The 150% scaling actually looks pretty good - I don't have any complaints. Legacy apps are a bit blurry, but I was expecting that. What I wasn't expecting was
    the severe blurriness of all "scaling-aware" apps on monitors that, by all rights, shouldn't be doing any scaling.

So:

UHD Monitor - 150% Scaling - Everything good.

HD Monitor - 100% Scaling - Everything blurry.

I don't understand why that is. Again, I would expect *no* scaling artifacts on a monitor that effectively has scaling turned off.

Belisarius2501, Mar 12, 2017
  3. Blurry text on Chrome and Firefox browser (DPI Scaling) on Windows 10

Original Title: Blurry text on Chrome and Firefox browser (DPI Scaling)

Hi guys,

I recently purchase Lenovo Yoga 2 pro with windows 8.1 and connected my pro link monitor 2217WE-D as an extended display.

I set my laptop display resolution 3200x1800 (max) and Scaling 150%

Similarly, Set the monitor 1920x1080 (max) and Scaling 100%.

It worked well...Everything was perfect. Texts were sharp and clear

The problem occurred after I upgraded to Windows 10.

My laptop display is perfectly fine with 3200x1800+150% Scaling.

But, In monitor, some apps, like Chrome and Firefox texts look very blurry. If I set the Scaling level to 125%, everything is clear. But I did not like it because texts are too big which I do not like. I want to keep my monitor zoom level 100%.

If I disable "DPI Scaling" in Compatibility options, Both Chrome and Firefox enlarge themselves to 125% automatically. As said, I do not like very big texts.

I updated Graphics driver, But it didn't help.

Is there any suggestions? Thanks

Friendly,

Chandra

ChandraPrabu, Mar 12, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 Enterprise blurry text in some apps - 150% scaling

1. Windows 10 Enterprise blurry text in some apps - 150% scaling - Similar Threads - Enterprise blurry text

2. Blurry text in Windows 11 settings at 150% scaling, works fine in 200%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry text in Windows 11 settings at 150% scaling, works fine in 200%: I have a Dell XPS 9510 with a 3.5k resolution panel and Windows 11. In this panel I use 200% scalability and it works fine.But in my 27-inch 4K external monitor I prefer to use 150%, to fit more things in the screen. Many programs work simply fine with that setup.What I found...
  3. Blurry text in Windows 11 settings at 150% scaling, works fine in 200%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry text in Windows 11 settings at 150% scaling, works fine in 200%: I have a Dell XPS 9510 with a 3.5k resolution panel and Windows 11. In this panel I use 200% scalability and it works fine.But in my 27-inch 4K external monitor I prefer to use 150%, to fit more things in the screen. Many programs work simply fine with that setup.What I found...
  4. Text and images being blurry in some apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text and images being blurry in some apps: What’s going on here? Some text and images are blurry but when I hover over then they go normal but seconds later blurry again. Some apps like file explorer don’t have this effect. I want to know is there any way to fix this bug? Look closely at the corner of the onenote logo...
  5. Text scaling / Blurry font

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text scaling / Blurry font: Hey guys, I assembled a new machine and in the fresh W10 install I'm having some blurry font issues, it's weird because I had the same settings (125%) in the previous install and it didn't happen. It only seems to happen in some dialogs, always on software installers...
  6. Dual Monitor 4k @ 150 scaling + 2k @ 100% - Blurry Text

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dual Monitor 4k @ 150 scaling + 2k @ 100% - Blurry Text: I am currently running 2 monitors in windows, one 2k, and one 4k. At the moment the only way I am able to get clear crisp text and icons is to run the 4k at 100% scaling. I am wanting to run the 4k @ 150% OR at 2k but It makes some apps blurry (task manager). I am just...
  7. Blurry text in some apps.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blurry text in some apps.: I have Windows 10 64 bit Build 2004 with a 1920 x 1080 screen. In some apps Like Bit-defender or Task Manager the text is slightly fuzzy but, in most other apps Chrome, Settings, File explorer etc. the text is fine. I have re-calibrated the screen and checked the resolution...
  8. Blurry Text in some apps.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blurry Text in some apps.: [ATTACH] In some text seems a little blurry and fuzzy, creates irritation. Please help me in fixing this. Windows 10 V2004 Intel and Amd Radeon 430 Graphics card...
  9. Multimonitor scaled text blurry

in Windows 10 Support
    Multimonitor scaled text blurry: Hi! I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 recently, and I got greeted with the probably oldest win10 problem: DPI scaled text is blurry. I did a clean install, version is 1909. My monitors are: 1: 1920x1080 , scaling: 150% 2: 2560x1440 , scaling: 125% 3: 1920x1200 , scaling:...
  10. Windows 10, different scaling level+ no blurry text?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10, different scaling level+ no blurry text?: Hi, i'm (as many of you guys, as i can see on those forums) experiencing DPI-Awareness issues on my brand new laptop. I'm running windows 10 and thanks to those forums, i was able to partitialy fix it. All of those solutions, i could find here, worked for me (custom scaling...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blurry windows 10 fix windows 10 enterprise

2. windows want 150% but i want 100% and its blurry

3. windows 10 enterprise blurry at 2550 1440

4. windows 10 why scaling 150%,
  5. effect of scaling 150% in windows,
  6. fix chrome scalling in windows 10 150%,
  7. Windows is blurry at 150%,
  8. windows 10 enterprise display blurry,
  9. when text scaling 150% screen is blurry,
  10. windows 10 enterprise blurry apps,
  11. fix apps that are blurry windows enterprise 10,