Windows 10: windows 10 errors solution (freezing & app crashing)

Discus and support windows 10 errors solution (freezing & app crashing) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I registered here cuz i respect and like this forums, u guys have a great knowledge about solving problems and u do ur best to help ppl. in my first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Moshi, May 19, 2016.

1. Moshi Win User

windows 10 errors solution (freezing & app crashing)

I registered here cuz i respect and like this forums, u guys have a great knowledge about solving problems and u do ur best to help ppl.
    in my first post i will share solutions for some problems i had faced and couldn't find this solution easily it took weeks for me to find them, i have shared them in Microsoft Community and it's time to do the same here.

1st problem : if u get this warning event id 129 iaStorA Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.

solution :
    Download just the driver files for the raid controller from intel https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...ST-RAID-Driver
    Unzip the files to the desktop.
    Open Device Manager/Storage Controllers/Intel Chipset SATA Raid Controller, and perform an update driver function,
    pointing to the driver files u will download.
    restart pc and u will never ever see this warning or get freezing screen cause of it.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________

2nd problem : App Crashing (Cortana & Edge) + some services + system files (Explorer.exe)

solution :
    run a command prompt as administrator and type this without quotes " netsh winsock reset "
    restart pc and all apps will work as it should be.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________

3rd problem : (SkypeHost.exe, messaging app & skype video)

solution :
    Hold Windows Key and Press I. Click on System. Then click on Apps and Features in the left pane.
    Search for Messaging, Skype Video App, and Skype app. Select them click Uninstall.

or
    Press the Windows key. Type PowerShell in the search box.
    Right click on Windows PowerShell in the search results and click Run As Administrator.
    In the Windows PowerShell window, type the following commands and press Enter after each:
    Get-AppxPackage *Messaging* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage *skypeapp* | Remove-AppxPackage

to delete the Skypehost.exe File Manually :

open notepad as administrator then type :
    @ECHO OFF
    ECHO
    takeown /f "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\*"
    icacls "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\*" /grant administrators:f
    move "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\*" "%userprofile%\desktop"
    ren "%userprofile%\desktop\SkypeHost.exe" "SkypeHost3.exe"
    del "%userprofile%\desktop\SkypeHost3.exe"
    pause

press file then save as DelSkypeHost.bat. run DelSkypeHost.bat u created as administrator it will delete all skypehost.exe from ur pc.
    restart ur pc then install skype desktop and app it will run as it should be.
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________

4th problem : if u get errors from store apps and uninstall+reinstall didn't solve the problem

solution :

Press the Windows key. Type wsreset.exe in the search box. Run it as administrator it will stay blank after it finishes windows store will auto start. if it doesn't work try next.

Re-register Store Apps.
    Right click on Windows PowerShell in the search results and click Run As Administrator.
    In the Windows PowerShell window, type the following command then press enter :
    Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________

i hope this post can help everyone facing problems with windows 10.

:)

Moshi, May 19, 2016

2. windows 10 errors solution (freezing & app crashing)

since I upgraded to windows 10 I have had a lot of errors causing my pc to freeze frequently so I wasted weeks searching for solution and finally I get rid of freezing problems so I decided to share solutions I got and I hope I can help everyone facing my
    problems.

1st problem : App Crashing (Cortana & Edge) + some services + system files (Explorer.exe)

solution :

run a command prompt as administrator and type this without quotes "
    netsh winsock reset "

restart pc and all apps will work as it should be.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2nd problem : (SkypeHost.exe, messaging app & skype video)

solution :

Hold Windows Key and Press I. Click on System. Then click on Apps and Features in the left pane.

Search for Messaging, Skype Video App, and Skype app. Select them click Uninstall.

or

In the Windows PowerShell window, type the following commands and press Enter after each:

Get-AppxPackage *Messaging* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *skypeapp* | Remove-AppxPackage

to delete the Skypehost.exe File Manually :

open notepad as administrator then type :

@ECHO OFF

ECHO

takeown /f "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\*"

icacls "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\*" /grant administrators:f

move "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\*" "%userprofile%\desktop"

ren "%userprofile%\desktop\SkypeHost.exe" "SkypeHost3.exe"

del "%userprofile%\desktop\SkypeHost3.exe"

pause

press file then save as DelSkypeHost.bat. run DelSkypeHost.bat u created as administrator it will delete all skypehost.exe from ur pc.

restart ur pc then install skype desktop and app it will run as it should be.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3rd problem : if u get errors from store apps and uninstall+reinstall didn't solve the problem

solution :

Press the Windows key. Type wsreset.exe in the search box. Run it as administrator it will stay blank after it finishes windows store will auto start. if it doesn't work try next.

Re-register Store Apps.

In the Windows PowerShell window, type the following command then press enter :

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If all above couldn't fix your problems try next :

you need a clean installation of windows 10 from Here .

you can reinstall the windows 10 upgrade if you don't want to format or lose your personal files, you can find explaining Here &
    Here .

you can use the image you will create or decrypt to repair your system files using DISM and SFC /Scannow you can find explaining
    Here .

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

i hope this post can help everyone facing problems with windows 10.

Psychoneer, May 19, 2016
  3. n_mateja Win User
    Windows 10 freezing and frequent crashing with my Alienware M17X R2

Hello,

I am experiencing frequent freezing and crashes with Windows 10 on my Alienware M17X R2. The crashes happen unexpectedly and the freezing happens when with high usage of the Disk and when initially stating the computer after a crash.

Looking to try and troubleshoot this issue to find the root cause. Not sure if it is hardware related or if the drivers are causing a lockup. Hardware shows no indications of a failure and has been tested by myself for any errors.

Here is my last post that directly relates to this issue. The tried suggested solution does not work anymore.

Alienware M17x R2 Windows 10 Crashing/Resets/ Lockups

Willing to try any suggestion

Thanks

n_mateja, May 19, 2016
  4. h4ck3d Win User

My computer was freezing, but only mouse still work.
    Well, I use overclock and the option "Execute Disable Bit" on BIOS setup was disabled. I solved with only turned enable this option and now SO is fine and dont freeze any time. *Biggrin

God Bless

h4ck3d, May 20, 2016
  5. Moshi Win User
    I hope this post can be a library for freezing problems and their solutions cuz windows 10 deserves a try.
    ty h4ck3d for reacting in my post

Moshi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 errors solution (freezing & app crashing) - Similar Threads - errors solution freezing

2. Solution to "Browsers freeze Win 10"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Solution to "Browsers freeze Win 10": I'm again opening new thread because I still cannot reply to Community. After weeks of testing, it seems I finally find the cause of the freezing problem. In short: Update the firmware of the SSD where the browsers are installed and problem is solved. Guess this is not a...
  3. Solution to "Browsers freeze Win 10"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solution to "Browsers freeze Win 10": I'm again opening new thread because I still cannot reply to Community. After weeks of testing, it seems I finally find the cause of the freezing problem. In short: Update the firmware of the SSD where the browsers are installed and problem is solved. Guess this is not a...
  4. Windows Mail App Freezes or Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail App Freezes or Crashes: Hey all, I’m assisting a coworker with some issues with the Windows 10 Mail app. It had been working fine, then these issues seemed to appear out of nowhere. Issue 1: Windows Mail app partially freezes until closed. Whenever you click on an email with an attachment, the app...
  5. Windows Mail App Freezes or Crashes

Windows Mail App Freezes or Crashes: Hey all, I’m assisting a coworker with some issues with the Windows 10 Mail app. It had been working fine, then these issues seemed to appear out of nowhere. Issue 1: Windows Mail app partially freezes until closed. Whenever you click on an email with an attachment, the app...
  6. pc freezing/app crashing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    pc freezing/app crashing: pc keeps freezing and every app is crashing after 2004 update and also sleep button is not working at the time of freezing and mouse right click was also not working.can anyone help me out please?...
  7. pc freezing/app crashing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    pc freezing/app crashing: pc keeps freezing and every app is crashing after 2004 update and also sleep button is not working at the time of freezing and mouse right click was also not working.can anyone help me out please?...
  8. Internet crashes on Windows 10, is there a solution?

in Browsers and Email
    Internet crashes on Windows 10, is there a solution?: Hello, community, I had no problems with my PC with Windows 10 Professional until a few weeks ago, but since then I have had constant Internet interruptions or a ping in the 4-digit range (for Discord, Opera, and video games) every minute. It's not the line, Telekom has...
  9. Windows 10 Photo App Freezes and then crashes

Windows 10 Photo App Freezes and then crashes: I'm trying to import all the pictures and videos in my phone to my laptop, first I imported the media with the option "Transfer pictures" selected in my phone, but when it finished importing the pictures I noticed that there where a lot of them missing. So then I tried...
  10. Windows Apps Crashing & Freezing Laptop

Windows Apps Crashing & Freezing Laptop: Please help! The Photos app keeps crashing when I open it and then it freezes my laptop too. As well, playing videos (whether with the Films app or online - YouTube, etc) freezes my laptop - but only always when my laptop's plugged in. Already tried resetting/reinstalling...