Windows 10: Windows 10 errors

Discus and support Windows 10 errors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; PC Freezes mouse and keyboard can hear the music from program Im using its FL Studio with kontakt 5, after hard restart or shutdown, I can find these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mll, Aug 10, 2015.

1. MLL
    mll Win User

Windows 10 errors

PC Freezes mouse and keyboard can hear the music from program Im using its FL Studio with kontakt 5, after hard restart or shutdown, I can find these errors in application logs and nothing in system logs.

General:
    Code: Notifications for the volume C:\ are not active. Context: Windows Application Details: Insufficient quota to complete the requested service. (HRESULT : 0x800705ad) (0x800705ad)[/quote]
    Details:
    Code: - System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Search [ Guid] {CA4E628D-8567-4896-AB6B-835B221F373F} [ EventSourceName] Windows Search Service - EventID 3079 [ Qualifiers] 49152 Version 0 Level 2 Task 3 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x80000000000000 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2015-08-11T18:13:30.000000000Z EventRecordID 929 Correlation - Execution [ ProcessID] 0 [ ThreadID] 0 Channel Application Computer DESKTOP-7STU0P4 Security - EventData ExtraInfo Context: Windows Application Details: Insufficient quota to complete the requested service. (HRESULT : 0x800705ad) (0x800705ad) VolumeName C:\[/quote]
    Other errors:
    Code: %1 (%2) %3An attempt to write to the file "%4" at offset %5 for %6 bytes failed after %10 seconds with system error %8: "%9". The write operation will fail with error %7. If this error persists then the file may be damaged and may need to be restored from a previous backup.[/quote]
    Code: %1 (%2) %3Unable to write to section 2 while flushing logfile %4. Error %5.[/quote]
    Code: %1 (%2) %3The logfile sequence in "%4" has been halted due to a fatal error. No further updates are possible for the databases that use this logfile sequence. Please correct the problem and restart or restore from backup.[/quote]
    Whats causing this?....

:)

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Aug 10, 2015
  4. MLL
    mll Win User

Windows 10 errors

What it is than? Super Powerfull OS which keeps freezing? *sarc

Check how many ppl have this problem: Anyone have problems with windows 10 freezing up? : Windows10

I don't give money for something what will destroy my computer I can do it by shooting it with my foots.

5. IDK, but make a new post with an actual subject and lets try and help. Ive had zero problems. Ive done an upgrade and a clean install. No issues on p67 hardware or x99 hardware. Zero lag, zero freezing everything is running perfect..

Can you try and do a clean install? Reset your bios to default setting, no OC, no tweaks and start over. Sounds like hardware to me. What are your specs? Did you clean install or upgrade?

windows000, Aug 10, 2015
  6. MLL
    mll Win User
    I have pc with 3Ghz pentium G and 4GB ram, graphic is nvidia.

I am exactly angry because I am working on it for days.
    After update, I thought update maybe messed it up, and did clean install, one installation for me takes 1 or 2 days of work, I am musician.
    And now just when I was about to finish my project, not just only PC freeze my project is gone.

Than I found that article where many ppl have same problem, sound works, but pc freezes, all I can explain I explained. Mouse keyboard freeze and than I cant check is all system frozen, obviously not coz sounds keep beeing heard.

I also thought that quota thing maybe had to do something with partition free space and did put more 40GB on system partition, but get same error.

It is frustrating, if no work around, I am going back to windows 7, I know what it means to hard restart or shutdown computer, I dont want to do it anymore.

And microsoft should test their system on themselves not use our money and test it on us.

"I sell you hot dog, I use money from you for hot dog, and also I stole you 500$" = windows 10 for now.

7. Did you try going on your manufacturers website and download their latest Windows 10 drivers?

windows000, Aug 10, 2015
  8. MLL
    mll Win User

Windows 10 errors

My PC is not even 1 year old, and if it is hardware problem it would be something in system logs, not in application logs.
    Quota has nothing to do with hardware.
    I maxed my ram always in windows 7 and never had this kind of errors.
    Also hardware problem can be with 1 computer, not this much computers.
    I had it on mind to that it could be hardware. with so much users having same problem, I'm sure it is not.

9. MLL
    mll Win User
    Only LAN driver is for 10.

I got drivers for 7 with mobo, and used it with 10 too.

H61MGC :: Motherboard :: BIOSTAR

But even if its driver, it would show error in system logs. *Shock

10. Oh, I see. Not much on the drivers page.. MS rolled out a bunch of updates today, maybe one is a fix for you. IDK, wish I could help more. Did you scan the HDD for errors, maybe something is corrupt.

windows000, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 errors

1. Windows 10 errors - Similar Threads - errors

2. KB5036980 installation error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5036980 installation error: Split from this thread. I am also having this same issue. Log files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb5036980-installation-error/b6c10b0d-5a74-432d-bf35-f50978a66697
  3. Can't fix error code 0x080070422

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't fix error code 0x080070422: I've seen numerous pages on this issue but I still can't fix the issue. Whenever I try use Microsoft services, including but not limited to Microsoft Store, Word, Minecraft, anything with my windows sign in, it says error code 0x080070422, image attached. I've tried tips from...
  4. KB5036980 installation error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5036980 installation error: Split from this thread. I am also having this same issue. Log files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb5036980-installation-error/b6c10b0d-5a74-432d-bf35-f50978a66697
  5. Can't fix error code 0x080070422

Can't fix error code 0x080070422: I've seen numerous pages on this issue but I still can't fix the issue. Whenever I try use Microsoft services, including but not limited to Microsoft Store, Word, Minecraft, anything with my windows sign in, it says error code 0x080070422, image attached. I've tried tips from...
  6. Outlook gives error messages "access denied" and can't add one email account. Why and how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook gives error messages "access denied" and can't add one email account. Why and how...: I had Windows 11 Pro Canary insider version before this release version of Windows 11 Pro and same problem. Especially one account is impossible to add to the new Outlook *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. So almost every time when I open the Outlook it gives an...
  7. Outlook gives error messages "access denied" and can't add one email account. Why and how...

Outlook gives error messages "access denied" and can't add one email account. Why and how...: I had Windows 11 Pro Canary insider version before this release version of Windows 11 Pro and same problem. Especially one account is impossible to add to the new Outlook *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. So almost every time when I open the Outlook it gives an...
  8. Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...: Hi everybody,I have an asus tuf a 15 and recently I had issues with one of the registry keys.When I open the registry and go to the specified path the registry freezes and becomes unresponsive and I have to force close it... I have tried everything possible. I tried using...
  9. Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...

Registry key path freezes which results in an error when installing some apps can't access...: Hi everybody,I have an asus tuf a 15 and recently I had issues with one of the registry keys.When I open the registry and go to the specified path the registry freezes and becomes unresponsive and I have to force close it... I have tried everything possible. I tried using...
  10. How do I fix error code 0x80070643 for windows 10 Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I fix error code 0x80070643 for windows 10 Update?: Whenever I run Windows Update I get this error trying to install 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441....