Windows 10: Windows 10 Event ID 10010 CDP User Service Error

Discus and support Windows 10 Event ID 10010 CDP User Service Error in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So I have been getting this error since the start of the year. Event ID 10010 and service errors every few minutes. Was wondering if theres a fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Secrios, May 12, 2017.

1. Secrios Win User

Windows 10 Event ID 10010 CDP User Service Error

So I have been getting this error since the start of the year. Event ID 10010 and service errors every few minutes.

Was wondering if theres a fix for it?

:)

Secrios, May 12, 2017
  2. AussieRJS Win User
    AussieRJS, May 12, 2017
  3. glnzglnz Win User
    ERRORS with Connected Devices Platform Service - CDP User Service - CDPusersvc

Tenforum's power user (and maestro) fdegrove just helped me with one problem regarding Connected Devices Platform Service - CDP User Service - CDPusersvc, but maybe we've kicked over a rock and there are creepy crawlies underneath. Maybe an onion of issues
    - a plethora of problems. (OK - I'll stop the mismatched metaphors.)

But there seem to be a bunch of issue-threads around the web regarding CDPusersvc, which might be Connected Devices Platform Service.
    Maybe this excellent forum and its power users can give us a global fix.

First, I got a particular error regarding "CDP Activity Store", and fdegrove walked me through the fix. See

http://www.tenforums.com/performance...tml#post829280
    and following posts. (But if you have the same issue, you really need to read that thread from the start.) So we fixed that 10016 error.

Second, I got a new error 10010 server timeout regarding "CDP User Service Notifications Host". See

http://www.tenforums.com/performance...tml#post829730
    and fdegrove's undoubtedly sage response in the same thread.

Third, I have another new Event Viewer error message with this CDP thingy.

This is my third separate error with CDP ! (By the way, I am assuming that "CDP" means "Connected Devices Platform", but please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Here it is:
    Log Name: System

Source: Service Control Manager

Date: 10/2/2016 8:40:37 AM

Event ID: 7023

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: DESKTOP-3OLB09N

Description:

The Connected Devices Platform Service service terminated with the following error:

Unspecified error

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />

<EventID Qualifiers="49152">7023</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-10-02T12:40:37.623587700Z" />

<EventRecordID>1632</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="752" ThreadID="836" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-3OLB09N</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="param1">Connected Devices Platform Service</Data>

<Data Name="param2">%%2147500037</Data>

<Binary>4300440050005300760063000000</Binary>

</EventData>

</Event>

I like that - "Unspecified Error" !! Good one, Microsoft.

Fourth, there are other interesting threads around the web that indicate this is a new "feature" in the Anniversary update for Win 10, but it has its sinister aspects. See these two for example:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...10itprogeneral
    https://chanmingman.wordpress.com/20...or-code-15100/
    Another web site (that's nasty in unrelated ways so I won't give the link) says the following, and I noticed he is right about the five random trailing digits in my own Services list:
    Removing Telemetry and other unnecessary services

First, click start, type "Services" and open it. You will find a huge list of Windows Services, most of which are fine and safe, but others send data to Microsoft.

Find a service called CDPUserSvc_xxxxx, where xxxxx are 5 randomly generated character (yes, Windows is using literal malware techniques to prevent automated removal of this trash).

Fifth, I cannot even start this service. I get the 7023 error messages in event viewer. When I go to services, I see that this is not running. When I try to start it, I get this error message:

Windows 10 Event ID 10010 CDP User Service Error [​IMG]

So, will some of the experts here let us know what this CDP monster is, how to fix it and what to do with it?

Also, please comment on my
    Third and
    Fifth
    new errors above.

Thanks to all.

glnzglnz, May 12, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Open Command Prompt as Admin
    sc config CDPSvc start= disabled
    sc config CDPUserSvc start= disabled

Eagle51, May 12, 2017
  5. Secrios Win User
    Is this method safe?

Secrios, May 12, 2017
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    Eagle51, May 13, 2017
  7. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Totally useless this service. Is there actually an app in W10 that uses it ? I very much doubt it at this point in time.
    I am aware of what it tries to do, but it just makes no sense to me.

Anywho, *Wink

fdegrove, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Event ID 10010 CDP User Service Error - Similar Threads - Event 10010 CDP

2. Event ID 10010 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 10010 error: I noticed this error in my event viewer when I went to check after a game I was playing crashed. It had this message: The server Windows.Media.Capture.Internal.AppCaptureShell did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.Not really sure what to make of it since I...
  3. Event ID 10010 error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event ID 10010 error: I noticed this error in my event viewer when I went to check after a game I was playing crashed. It had this message: The server Windows.Media.Capture.Internal.AppCaptureShell did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.Not really sure what to make of it since I...
  4. Event ID 10010 error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows suddenly freezing - Event ID- 10010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows suddenly freezing - Event ID- 10010: Hi Microsoft Team,Hope you all doing well. Windows is suddenly freezing. it happened last night. when it freezes my mouse and keyboard also not working then I had to do a force shutdown. And it happened now as well. I did force shutdown and restarted it.When i check event...
  6. Event ID 10010 error with Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Event ID 10010 error with Microsoft Edge: Hi guys, recently I found there are many event id 10010 errors involving Microsoft edge. Has anyone encountered this? Is there any ways to resolve this? Beside some lags when using edge browser I have no other problem. Thanks in advance... 99154
  7. Event ID 7023 & 10010 errors in windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 7023 & 10010 errors in windows 10: Hi guys, Encounter Event ID 7023 & 10010 errors. Attached are the snapshots for the errors. Please kindly advise how can I solve these errors, thanks in advance. John [img] [img] 68077
  8. ERRORS Connected Devices Platform Service-CDP User Service-CDPusersvc

ERRORS Connected Devices Platform Service-CDP User Service-CDPusersvc: As we all know, "No Good Deed Shall Go Unpunished." This forum's power user (and maestro) fdegrove just helped me with one problem, but maybe we've kicked over a rock and there are creepy crawlies underneath. Maybe an onion of issues - a plethora of problems. (OK - I'll stop...
  9. Event Viewer keeps showing Event ID 10010

Event Viewer keeps showing Event ID 10010: Hi Guys/Girls I keep getting this error every 30 minutes anybody managed to solve this ? Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 30/10/2016 11:54:11 Event ID: 10010 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: DALE-PC1\Dale...
  10. Windows 10 Event ID 10010 and 10016 Errors With DistributedCOM

Windows 10 Event ID 10010 and 10016 Errors With DistributedCOM: I am having a number of events that seem to be located repeatedly with the source: DistributedCOM Event ID: 10010 and Event ID: 10016 also getting repeatedly Service Control Manager Event ID: 7031 Those are the Errors I have gotten about 900 times since...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cdp user service notifications host

2. cdpsvc 1809 error

3. cdp user service notifications host event 10010

4. cdp user service notifications host 10010,
  5. 10010 CDP