Windows 10: Windows 10, every other reboot ?

Discus and support Windows 10, every other reboot ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've installed Windows 10 just fine, with the latest Nvidia Win 10 driver, however when I reboot my system nothing works, not the start menu, not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jymp, Sep 7, 2015.

1. jymp Win User

Windows 10, every other reboot ?

I've installed Windows 10 just fine, with the latest Nvidia Win 10 driver, however when I reboot my system nothing works, not the start menu, not the apps, they do nothing, can't shut down except for a hard shutdown, after the hard shutdown the start menu and apps work fine until the next shutdown, anyone experience this, any ideas how to fix ?

:)

jymp, Sep 7, 2015

2. Win 10 activate windows

I have a valid licence key for windows 10 pro since July 23, but now I get the Activate windows message. This happens about every other reboot. How do I fix this?

Ed Freitas, Sep 7, 2015
  3. Following Windows 10 Fall update Reboots ask about other users ?

Ever since the Fall update for Windows 10, every time I reboot my PC I'm being prompted about other users loosing work... I have created other user Ids upon this PC, but the users aren't / weren't logged in. The problem even happens when rebooting immediately
    after a power off. Any ideas what may be wrong ?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Power on or off a device]

ANoviceUser, Sep 7, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

NVidia is having some issues with their drivers still. Try uninstalling the updated driver and let Windows load the one from Microsoft.

bro67, Sep 7, 2015
  5. jymp Win User
    May try that, but have heard many horror stories about letting Windows updates install video drivers. After researching seems many are having some form of this problem with Win 10, may be best to stick with Win 7 64 until MS gets their act together

jymp, Sep 7, 2015
  6. WhyMe Win User
    Are you saying this happens only with a cold boot and that with a warm boot, everything works just fine?

If so, then that indicates it may be something within your Windows Power Options that requires changing. As a first step, you may want to try disabling 'Fast Startup' in your Power Options. Then power down with a full shutdown, cold boot and check to see if the problem persists.

WhyMe, Sep 7, 2015
  7. alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10, every other reboot ? - Similar Threads - every reboot

2. my moniter refresh rate rturn to 60 Hz after every reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my moniter refresh rate rturn to 60 Hz after every reboot: every time i change the refresh rate to 120 Hz its return automatically to 60 Hz after every restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-moniter-refresh-rate-rturn-to-60-hz-after-every/9e8420c2-f82c-4e83-9edf-3d1a73aca76d
  3. my moniter refresh rate rturn to 60 Hz after every reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my moniter refresh rate rturn to 60 Hz after every reboot: every time i change the refresh rate to 120 Hz its return automatically to 60 Hz after every restart. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-moniter-refresh-rate-rturn-to-60-hz-after-every/9e8420c2-f82c-4e83-9edf-3d1a73aca76d
  4. Idk what to do bc every time I reboot my pc it says to restart it and it keeps loading for...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Idk what to do bc every time I reboot my pc it says to restart it and it keeps loading for...: It’s just booting up going to automatic repair and says restart and I did it’s been 4hrs and done nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/idk-what-to-do-bc-every-time-i-reboot-my-pc-it/a7f1a19f-d55d-47ac-976f-d26e0c91647b
  5. Idk what to do bc every time I reboot my pc it says to restart it and it keeps loading for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Idk what to do bc every time I reboot my pc it says to restart it and it keeps loading for...: It’s just booting up going to automatic repair and says restart and I did it’s been 4hrs and done nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/idk-what-to-do-bc-every-time-i-reboot-my-pc-it/a7f1a19f-d55d-47ac-976f-d26e0c91647b
  6. Idk what to do bc every time I reboot my pc it says to restart it and it keeps loading for...

7. Computer rebooting every night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer rebooting every night: In the event viewer I find this...The process wininit.exe 127.0.0.1 has initiated the restart of computer HEATHER on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Legacy API shutdown Reason Code: 0x80070000 Shutdown Type: restart Comment: Details ------------...
  8. Computer rebooting every night

Computer rebooting every night: In the event viewer I find this...The process wininit.exe 127.0.0.1 has initiated the restart of computer HEATHER on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Legacy API shutdown Reason Code: 0x80070000 Shutdown Type: restart Comment: Details ------------...
  9. Xbox and Microsoft store keeps reinstalling the same 3 applications on every system reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox and Microsoft store keeps reinstalling the same 3 applications on every system reboot.: I recently installed a clean copy of Windows 11 on my computer and used the license linked to my account to activate windows. I ran into an issue where the Xbox application/Microsoft store would reinstall a copy of Jurassic world Evolution 2, Halo infinite and Forza...
  10. Xbox and Microsoft store keeps reinstalling the same 3 applications on every system reboot.

Xbox and Microsoft store keeps reinstalling the same 3 applications on every system reboot.: I recently installed a clean copy of Windows 11 on my computer and used the license linked to my account to activate windows. I ran into an issue where the Xbox application/Microsoft store would reinstall a copy of Jurassic world Evolution 2, Halo infinite and Forza...