Windows 10: Windows 10 exceptionally slow

Discus and support Windows 10 exceptionally slow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm having a problem with windows functioning properly. It's extremely slow, takes a long time to load a program, sometimes so long I give up. Some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bgraae, Jul 17, 2016.

1. bgraae Win User

Windows 10 exceptionally slow

I'm having a problem with windows functioning properly. It's extremely slow, takes a long time to load a program, sometimes so long I give up. Some programs I can't open at times. Is Windows experiencing a problem with functionality in this regard? With programs not opening, opening very slow? Yesterday, Sunday, I gave up trying to open two programs. I get this error on shutting down. Please explain it to me. It stated, " task host windows stopping background tasks"? Another message went by so fast I may have misread it, it stated, " CLM(may be incorrect) windows preventing shutdown". Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

:)

bgraae, Jul 17, 2016

2. Facebook games keep lagging and buffering - no issue on 7

Since upgrading to 10 Angry Birds on Facebook stalls and is exceptionally slow, takes way too long now and is no longer fun. Buffers all the time-did not have this on 7. Any fix to this? My browser is IE

Nancy61448, Jul 17, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary Update messed up display

Re-installing Windows 10 on this machine is not an option as I have an exceptionally slow internet connection and it would take hours to restore the machine and everything on it.

Microsoft need to investigate this issue properly instead of fobbing people off with this age old excuse expecting everybody to do a re-install every time Windows Update screws things up. It would also have been polite to ask if I wanted to have Windows
    Ink installed as well.

Alan Rutter, Jul 17, 2016
  4. Leechap Win User

I would recommend upgrading your computer to an SSD. I had issues with speed when I first upgraded to Win10 and it would take 2 minutes (or more) to fully boot and be ready to actually use. I cloned the old mechanical drive onto a SSD and it ran faster than the day I bought it...and this is a 6 year old laptop!

Do it...it just works...Oh and I recommend Samsung solid state drives. They also come with fully functional cloning software that actually is FREE and actually WORKS!
    *Cool

Leechap, Jul 18, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    How to fill out System Specs for tenforums.

See here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Of major interest is the Manufacture and full model number of the computer if purchased or the system board if custom built.

Ztruker, Jul 18, 2016
  6. eLPuSHeR Win User
    SSDs are pretty good performance wise but my old SATA2 mechanical drive had no trouble in booting w10 in 1 minute or so. Check that your drivers are up to date and they aren't "vanilla" versions.

eLPuSHeR, Jul 18, 2016
  7. bgraae Win User
    OK, thanks for the input. We subscribe to a service that repairs and does upkeep on computers. I had him come on board and he took about an hour and found several things that needed to be changed. Since then the problems have subsided, I can live with the speed. It's crazy how you do nothing but settings seem to change and you need help.

bgraae, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 exceptionally slow - Similar Threads - exceptionally slow

2. My Laptop is slow and sometimes have a Bluescreen Unexpected Store Exception

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop is slow and sometimes have a Bluescreen Unexpected Store Exception: Hi, My laptop has been running slow lately and I'm getting tired of it, so tired that now BSOD now comes with a stop code Unexpected Store Exception. I don't seem to know why this happens i mean it worked fine 1 and a half months ago, even though I may not be able to know the...
  3. My Laptop is slow and sometimes have a Bluescreen Unexpected Store Exception

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Laptop is slow and sometimes have a Bluescreen Unexpected Store Exception: Hi, My laptop has been running slow lately and I'm getting tired of it, so tired that now BSOD now comes with a stop code Unexpected Store Exception. I don't seem to know why this happens i mean it worked fine 1 and a half months ago, even though I may not be able to know the...
  4. Incredibly slow wifi with all devices EXCEPT phones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incredibly slow wifi with all devices EXCEPT phones: I have been experiencing issues with my wifi, and every device that isn't a phone gets 20 mbps down and 10 mbps up before was 400 mbps and 300 mbps, while my phone is getting 20x that. All the test were done in the same spot with fully updated drivers, so is there any way to...
  5. Incredibly slow wifi with all devices EXCEPT phones

Incredibly slow wifi with all devices EXCEPT phones: I have been experiencing issues with my wifi, and every device that isn't a phone gets 20 mbps down and 10 mbps up before was 400 mbps and 300 mbps, while my phone is getting 20x that. All the test were done in the same spot with fully updated drivers, so is there any way to...
  6. Problems with slow pc & machine check exception blue screen error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with slow pc & machine check exception blue screen error.: Hi, so for a few weeks my gaming pc has been extremely laggy and slow also whenever the lag got too much the pc would crash and display a blue screen with the error code “machine check exception”. I tried absolutely everything to fix the issue but nothing helped. Last night I...
  7. Problems with slow pc & machine check exception blue screen error.

Problems with slow pc & machine check exception blue screen error.: Hi, so for a few weeks my gaming pc has been extremely laggy and slow also whenever the lag got too much the pc would crash and display a blue screen with the error code “machine check exception”. I tried absolutely everything to fix the issue but nothing helped. Last night I...
  8. Problems with slow pc & machine check exception blue screen error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. New laptop windows 10 slow user accounts except 1st account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop windows 10 slow user accounts except 1st account.: I have set up a new dell laptop and have the following issue: The 1st account created works great all around. Created an 2nd account for use as standard account to protect computer. That account seems to work well EXCEPT on the Internet. Tried another account- same thing. It...
  10. New laptop windows 10 slow user accounts except 1st account.

New laptop windows 10 slow user accounts except 1st account.: I have set up a new dell laptop and have the following issue: The 1st account created works great all around. Created an 2nd account for use as standard account to protect computer. That account seems to work well EXCEPT on the Internet. Tried another account- same thing. It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. speed up windows 10 computer uwfmgr

2. windows 10 exceptionally slow in connecting to network files

3. windows 10 exceptionally slow