Windows 10: Windows 10 expiring activation problem

Discus and support Windows 10 expiring activation problem in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a pop up message appearing on the screen saying the licence will expire 15 August, need to activate Windows in Settings. Contact admin to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by FernNZ, Jul 18, 2016.

1. FernNZ Win User

Windows 10 expiring activation problem

I have a pop up message appearing on the screen saying the licence will expire 15 August, need to activate Windows in Settings. Contact admin to get product key.
    When I go to Settings it says Windows is activated and Product ID as well as Product Key is listed.
    I have tried all suggestions from the Microsoft forum to no avail.
    I am now wondering if the technician who installed Windows 10Pro, installed the wrong programme.
    I believe that the previous Windows in the laptop was Windows 8.1 home.
    Could this be the problem.
    Any help appreciated. Thanks.

:)

FernNZ, Jul 18, 2016

2. How to get activation code for windows 10 update from 8.1

After update today, Windows asks for an activation code before expire in 6 days but my windows 10 was updated from 8.1 that shouldn't expire. How to get an activation code?

AlongkornKongkiettikun, Jul 18, 2016
  3. window10 activation

I have an activated windows 10 which was upgraded from windows 8.1. Now notification appeared saying that your windows is license will expire soon. How can an activated window's license will expire?

RajeevR5248, Jul 18, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

We need two things to help us identify your problem:

Run showkey plus from here:
    Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

Click on the product keys to blank them out. Then right click on the start icon, select Command Prompt (Admin). In the command prompt window run:

slmgr /dlv

Post those results here. Here are my results that we are looking for:

Windows 10 expiring activation problem [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Jul 18, 2016
  5. FernNZ Win User
    Thanks for your reply. I have posted the Windows key but can't save the information from Showkey plus to post it here.
    Any advice please

Windows Keyupdated.txt

FernNZ, Jul 19, 2016
  6. FernNZ Win User
    Have attached the information required from ShowKey plus

FernNZ, Jul 19, 2016
  7. cereberus Win User
    This certainly looks like the wrong version - the clue is in the line saying licence status - notification.

Your showkeyplus shows pc has oem 8 core preinstalled, and the upgrade path for that is 10 home. I would say you have to reinstall 10 home but hurry - little time to do so.

Wait for NavyLCDR to confirm (or refute) my assertion.

cereberus, Jul 19, 2016
  8. FernNZ Win User

Will do, many thanks. Can you point me in the direction to get the right Windows 10Home please.?

FernNZ, Jul 19, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    The bad news is that you are going to have to install Windows 10 Home as a clean install, so you will lose all your settings and installed programs (and have to re-install them). Make sure to make a backup copy of anything you want to keep. The good news is that Windows 10 setup will read the Windows 8 product key stored in your computer's firmware and install and activate itself from that (but only before July 29th!). You want to download just plain Windows 10 with either the Media Creation Tool or from Tech Bench. You need to make a Windows 10 installation USB flash drive or DVD to boot the computer from to do the clean install. The just plain Windows 10 you download will contain both Home and Pro versions and setup will automatically pick Home because that is what the product key is for in firmware.

Windows 10

Tech Bench

NavyLCDR, Jul 19, 2016
  10. FernNZ Win User
    Many thanks for all your help. I suspected the problem was the wrong version was installed. Now to get the technician who installed it to answer his phone and email messages. There is no physical address to call on them. Why would he install the wrong version in the first place, although I did remember him saying he took the liberty to install the PRO version because it was FREE and we might as well take advantage of it.
    Being a reputable company, !!

FernNZ, Jul 20, 2016
  11. Superfly Win User
    A reputable company with no physical address???
    You'll be surprised how many "professionals" enquire here about stuff like that... how these guys stay in business is anyone's guess.

Superfly, Jul 20, 2016
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    The upgrade from Windows 7/8/8.1 Home to Windows 10 Home is free (until July 29th). The upgrade from Home version to Pro version was never free.

NavyLCDR, Jul 20, 2016
  13. FernNZ Win User

I have used this 'company' for years with no problems, they are NZ wide.

FernNZ, Jul 20, 2016
  14. FernNZ Win User
    Really, how on earth did he get the Pro version in the first place.?

FernNZ, Jul 20, 2016
  15. NavyLCDR New Member
    You get Pro version by just entering the Windows 10 Pro generic product key from Microsoft's website. See the last link here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ng-home-to-pro

The problem is the "reputable company" only did the first three steps. They did not have a valid product key to finish the rest of the procedure with. After you upgrade from Home to Pro by entering the Windows 10 Pro generic product key there has to be either a digital entitlement from an upgrade from Windows 7/8/8.1 Pro or a valid Pro product key to enter to activate it.

NavyLCDR, Jul 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 expiring activation problem - Similar Threads - expiring activation problem

2. WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRED AND IS NOT ACTIVATING

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRED AND IS NOT ACTIVATING: AGAK GIRICreated on August 14, 2021WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRES SOONHi, my name is ANURAG and few days ago WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRES SOON pops on my dell laptop screen . after asking about this from microsoft community he told that the shop installed an illegal license of windows....
  3. WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRED AND IS NOT ACTIVATING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRED AND IS NOT ACTIVATING: AGAK GIRICreated on August 14, 2021WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRES SOONHi, my name is ANURAG and few days ago WINDOWS LICENSE EXPIRES SOON pops on my dell laptop screen . after asking about this from microsoft community he told that the shop installed an illegal license of windows....
  4. Windows 10 activation expires soon

Windows 10 activation expires soon: HiRecently i updated my window 10 version to 20h2 after that i keep receiving a message saying windows 10 activation expires soon I bought my laptop 2 years ago and the windows was activated Now after updating to 20h2 i checked the settings and it shows windows is activated...
  5. Activation expiring

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation expiring: I bought a Dell computer 6 months ago. The computer was suppose to to come with Windows 10 Pro. I live in Cambodia the land of computer hardware and software theft. When you take computer into any shop for repairs you have to sit there and watch them or they will replace your...
  6. Activating expired Windows 10 evaluation

Activating expired Windows 10 evaluation: Greetings, I set up Hyper-V on my Win 10 Pro laptop and created a VM using an evaluation of Win 10. That VM has expired now and will only stay active for one hour after restarting the VM. Would I be able to acquire a licensed Win 10 version - and then be able to convert...
  7. Windows 10 and licence expiration and activation issues

Windows 10 and licence expiration and activation issues: I got a message saying my Windows licence would expire soon. I updated my Windows. Still getting the same message. Support told me I had to activate Windows. It is activated. Still getting the same message. Why? What's going on? What do I do? Any help appreciated....
  8. Windows Activation and Licence Expired

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Activation and Licence Expired: I have an Acer which was reset to factory ... now I am unable to Activate windows even though it is the factory installed version. I keep getting error 0xC004FC07 telling me it is not a genuine windows 10. I have also lost the activation code that came with the computer,...
  9. Windows 10 activation randomly expired.

Windows 10 activation randomly expired.: So around a year ago in the march of 2018, I bought a gaming pc that came with windows 10. Now around January of 2019 I randomly kept getting messages saying your activation will expire soon. I just ignored it as I thought it was a bug since I saw that the windows was...
  10. Windows 10 Pro expiration/activation problem

Windows 10 Pro expiration/activation problem: Hi, This is my first post to this forum, apologies for the length of this post, but I wanted to try to give as much info as possible. I have a Windows 10 Pro expiration/activation problem. I bought a used desktop PC a few months ago, but am now unable to contact the seller...