Windows 10: Windows 10 Explorer has gone bonkers

Discus and support Windows 10 Explorer has gone bonkers in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For the past two days, I've noticed that sometimes I use one of the Windows 10's built in "apps" (I refuse to call them "apps" on a PC), Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nilgor70, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Nilgor70 Win User

Windows 10 Explorer has gone bonkers

For the past two days, I've noticed that sometimes I use one of the Windows 10's built in "apps" (I refuse to call them "apps" on a PC), Windows Explorer is starting to behave weird. If I press the start button (or press the Windows key) to get the Start Menu, I am presented with a white frame around "Most used" on top and as soon as I start to search for a program, the list scrolls up to the top automatically, making it impossible to find the program I wanted.

It also is the same when I want to use Settings (Win + I).. it just scrolls to the top in the "app" section making it once again impossible to do anything with the app I want to uninstall

Using Movies and TV app, it is impossible to get rid of the time frame below the movie (it also has this white frame around itself), and it is impossible to rewind 10 sec or fast forward 30 secs or go the previous or next movie.

It usually goes away when I restart the computer and works fine, but then a few hours later, the problem is back.

What gives? *Huh

:)

Nilgor70, Sep 3, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 3, 2018
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 10 Explorer has gone bonkers wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Sep 3, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Explorer has gone bonkers

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Explorer has gone bonkers

1. Windows 10 Explorer has gone bonkers - Similar Threads - Explorer has gone

2. Store updates bonkers

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store updates bonkers: Store updates bonkersSo I go and check for updates, 27 in total, it gets done and nothing shows download for today 08/19/2021On focus assassit it shows 26 updates got installed...
  3. Ms has gone Bonkers here (update times)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Ms has gone Bonkers here (update times): Hi folks I'm not sure how ms collects this data but it's hopelessly wrong [img] I rarely use computers after 22.00 (local time) so how on earth do they gather info on Windows that computer is in use between 22.00 and 10.00 Windows computers are switched off and Windows...
  4. File Explorer, where has details view gone?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer, where has details view gone?: Since last update details view has disappeared. ALL folders now appear as icons not just photos. Why has this been changed? MS is getting as bad as Apple in forcing users to conform to their way of doing things. Why take away choice?...
  5. Ms has gone Bonkers -- but thanks -- runs from externsal SSD now

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ms has gone Bonkers -- but thanks -- runs from externsal SSD now: Hi folks after updating to latest version of Windows I decided to CLONE the installation to an external SSD connected via asmedia SATA-->USB3 connector. Guess my surprise when this external SSD also booted Windows without any indication of a "Windows to Go" installation -- I...
  6. Minecraft for Windows 10 has gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft for Windows 10 has gone: I redeemed a code to get my free copy of Minecraft for Windows 10 from Mojang in my PC and my PC was reset to normal and I decided to install it on my Laptop but it wants me to pay again? What happened to the Minecraft Windows 10 I have redeemed long time ago? Please help....
  7. How bonkered is this HDD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How bonkered is this HDD?: First off, the necessary specs: 1R8174-020 Seagate Mobile HDD 2TB 5400RPM SATA 6Gbps 128MB Cache 2.5-inch Internal Hard Drive Windows 10 Pro v1909 x64 I'll start by saying that I am only looking to better understand what the problem may be with this particular hard drive and...
  8. Touchpad gone bonkers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad gone bonkers: Ok, since about 2 updates ago I've had touchpad issues, it will be working then clicks fail , i can move cursor, but button/touch clicking nothing, if i CTRL. ALT. delete, pick task manager it will then work again for a while and repeat same balls all over again when it first...
  9. Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers: when I hit one key sometimes it drops down a list to select from sometimes it takes 2 keystrokes then just hangs if I persist in trying Win 10 logs off and I have to log on again. maybe the keystroke autocompletion feature? Need help. My Win 10 system is now...
  10. Ms download site (W10) seems to have gone bonkers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ms download site (W10) seems to have gone bonkers: Hi there anybody else experiencing this when trying to get the 9879 full install ISO (Windows Enterprise 9879). Host machine W8.1 with latest updates. Nothing to add -- can't see the Form to be filled in. Cheers jimbo 3239