Windows 10: Windows 10 Explorer has gone bonkers

Discus and support Windows 10 Explorer has gone bonkers in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For the past two days, I've noticed that sometimes I use one of the Windows 10's built in "apps" (I refuse to call them "apps" on a PC), Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nilgor70, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Nilgor70 Win User

Windows 10 Explorer has gone bonkers

For the past two days, I've noticed that sometimes I use one of the Windows 10's built in "apps" (I refuse to call them "apps" on a PC), Windows Explorer is starting to behave weird. If I press the start button (or press the Windows key) to get the Start Menu, I am presented with a white frame around "Most used" on top and as soon as I start to search for a program, the list scrolls up to the top automatically, making it impossible to find the program I wanted.

It also is the same when I want to use Settings (Win + I).. it just scrolls to the top in the "app" section making it once again impossible to do anything with the app I want to uninstall

Using Movies and TV app, it is impossible to get rid of the time frame below the movie (it also has this white frame around itself), and it is impossible to rewind 10 sec or fast forward 30 secs or go the previous or next movie.

It usually goes away when I restart the computer and works fine, but then a few hours later, the problem is back.

What gives? *Huh

:)

Nilgor70, Sep 3, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 3, 2018
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 10 Explorer has gone bonkers wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Sep 3, 2018
  4. smartali89 Win User

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Explorer has gone bonkers - Similar Threads - Explorer has gone

2. Windows 10- everything has gone wrong

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10- everything has gone wrong: So this is a brief disaster documentation. Went away on friday but left my PC to ‘update and shut down’ to what i presume was the latest windows 10 update. Came back home this monday afternoon, came across Problem 1 - when I went to play my game (LoTR Bfme2 if its...
  3. Desktop and File Explorer icons gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop and File Explorer icons gone: Hello! I have readed some other posts about people who had the same problem as me, but none of those solutions worked for me. Basically today I booted up my computer and all of my icons are randomly gone, in File Explorer and on the desktop. I cannot go to...
  4. Going Bonkers here !!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Going Bonkers here !!!!: Hi folks Going Bonkers here -- running 5 VM's from an average laptop (Intel I3 proc) with 16 GB memory and 500GB SSD. Intel I3 processor only average --OK though for modest workload. Windows Host + 4 X Linux VM's and 1 Windows VM all giving acceptable performance So...
  5. Previews for images (thumbnails) are gone in explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Previews for images (thumbnails) are gone in explorer.: All of a my preview for my images are gone... I went to Google and looked up some possible solutions. In explorer under view/options under View "Always show icons never thumbnails" is unchecked. I also tried to choose "Restore Defaults" from there as well with no luck....
  6. Sleep shortcut has gone wacky

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep shortcut has gone wacky: Hi, I followed the thread started in Mar. 2016 to set up a shortcut to put our computers to sleep. After turning off Hibernation (powercfg -h off, from a cmd prompt ran as administrator) I set this shortcut "C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState...
  7. My clock has gone?!

in Windows 10 Support
    My clock has gone?!: I'm running build 1607 of windows 10 pro x64 and for the last week or so, my clock has stopped working. Use to be when I clicked the clock in the task-bar, a little calendar would pop up with the date and time... now nothing shows. What could have happened? how can i...
  8. Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 keystrokes go bonkers: when I hit one key sometimes it drops down a list to select from sometimes it takes 2 keystrokes then just hangs if I persist in trying Win 10 logs off and I have to log on again. maybe the keystroke autocompletion feature? Need help. My Win 10 system is now...
  9. Ms download site (W10) seems to have gone bonkers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ms download site (W10) seems to have gone bonkers: Hi there anybody else experiencing this when trying to get the 9879 full install ISO (Windows Enterprise 9879). Host machine W8.1 with latest updates. Nothing to add -- can't see the Form to be filled in. Cheers jimbo 3239
  10. Windows Explorer acting up, drives gone, icons gone...

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer acting up, drives gone, icons gone...: After several hours on my pc i open a windows explorer window and this comes up; [img] Now if i open up a new explorer window on top of that this comes up; [img] If you notice the icons are gone, if i close both windows and open a new one it starts over from...